Recurly Review: "Give your end users flexible account management tools and save yourself hundreds of hours each year!"
- Analytics of new versus renewing revenue
- Analysis of subscriber retention
- Managing subscription plans for individual clients
- We'd like to see the revenue statistics update in real time. Currently there seems to be many hours or even a day before the numbers reflect new orders.
- It is very easy to track MRR, which gives you insights into your overall revenues and health of the subscriptions. Though MRR is pretty easy to calculate Recurly puts it beautifully on the dashboard which is very easy to read.
- LTV, Recurly calculates lifetime value which is a good insight for adjusting Marketing spends. Even this is available on the dashboard.
- The other features like Subscriber churn Rate, Average revenue per customer etc are really great and would help the marketing team a lot.
- I really can't think of any shortcomings on Recurly because they have tried to cover all bases well. However, I believe that pricing could be little competitive because Recurly can become quite expensive when you have acquired a good number of subscribers. So apart from price, there are no shortcomings I can think of on product side.
- Quick and easy to set up
- Simple for the end user
- Navigation on the back end makes sense and is clean
- They could offer a lot more customization
- If you dont fit their one specific use case its hard to mold the process flow
- Some areas of the software seem redundant
It is less appropriate for service companies that charge by the hour or have an inventoried product. The invoice interface in Recurly would be hard to customize to meet these business needs.
I love Recurly. It's user-friendlyy, easy to use and easy to bill clients. I am actually trying to get my current company to sign up for Recurly (wish me luck, budgets ugh).
I love it and found it super fantastic. A++++++ Must have for all business sizes from small few people companies to huge corps.
I find it great to use for monthly billing - you add all the info and done. Recurly will take care of the rest for you! It's a fantastic tool - a real must I say.
I used it for 2 years and haven't lately and oh how I miss it. Hope to sign on again soon.
- Recurly is very easy to use. Their UI is very clean and intuitive, so my staff has no problem understanding how to handle payments in Recurly. They just released a new UI, which is currently in Beta, but does an even better job making the user experience great.
- Recurly really helps reduce the time involved in collecting payment from a client. They have a dunning process which detects when a transaction has failed, and automatically re-tries running the payment several times before giving up. Recurly gives you full flexibility on how the dunning process works, including the ability to send your client payment declined notifications every few days to inspire them to update their payment info.
- Recurly just added a new feature which can automatically update credit card information from clients whose card has expired. They ping the credit card company (visa, MC, AMEX, Discover) to retrieve new card information for cards who have just gone past their expiration dates. This is extremely handy, and has reduced the number of times we've had to contact our client to get updated billing information.
- Recurly has excellent customer service. You can chat with an agent and receive an instant reply to your questions. I love this.
- The coupons feature is a bit cumbersome. It can become tricky to set up, apply, and un-apply coupons for a particular client. If you have special billing cases where you discount for a few months or give a client service in any irregular fashion, using coupons can become tricky.
- We have a referral program with our clients where they receive a perpetual monthly discount for each client they refer to use. The client receives this discount as long as their referral remains active with us. We would like to be able to apply a discount to a client account, and have the ability to remove that discount in the event a referral ends service with us. In some cases a client has referred several clients, and we would like to apply a discount for each referral, and still have the ability to remove one or more discounts as referrals begin and end service with us. Currently there is no way to do this in Recurly. There isn't even a very good work-around, which is disappointing.
- Recurly does a excellent job providing support and documentation for both the user-side of the program and the developer side of the program.
- Exporting reports is one area of Recurly that is lacking. In today's business world, accountants need the ability to easily custom make reports to be able to fit their business needs. Right now we must spend resources to pull numerous reports and reference them with each other to get the information we need.
- The ability to automatically prorate the 1st invoice and to be able to set default renewal date of for new subscribers would be a great feature to implement.