Cvent Event Diagramming (Formerly Social Tables) Reviews

May 10, 2021
Leo Young | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our University Conference Center department uses Social Tables to create floor plan layouts for our meeting and event space. Event Planners and I use the software to develop and share with clients accurate depictions of how an event space can be setup and what it will look like. Social Tables makes the challenge of communicating vision of an event with a client an easy challenge to overcome and thrive through.
  • Great user interface: seamless, aesthetically pleasing, and high functionality design.
  • Well developed features: the developers of the software clearly understand event planning and conference centers, as made evident by the rich inventory of equipment/features to add to floor plans and the tools provided to communicate and track space needs, i.e. easy to use and interpret dimension lines to ensure proper aisle-ways, etc..
  • Strong Event/Floor Plan Database: well thought out interface organizing facility rooms and events.
  • Seamless, simple, quick process for uploading space designs: simply provide a blueprint or CAD file and they can get the space created as a floor plan in no time.
  • Some of the finer features of the new update are limiting, such as the inability to customize standard equipment features, e.g. inability to set a standard podium size.
  • Inability to integrate with other events platforms such as EMS, it would be great if the maps could automatically be linked to Reservations in our booking software.
  • It's hard to think of many areas for improvement, it's a great software!
Read Leo Young's full review
March 03, 2021
Monique Frankfort | TrustRadius Reviewer
Cvent Social Tables is used to diagram event space as well as manage attendees attending events. This meets the needs of both the venue as well as the meeting planner using that venue. Especially during this time of social distancing, it is incredibly useful to correctly allocate our meeting space based on the size of a customer's meeting to keep with CDC guidelines.
  • Ease of creating diagrams
  • Space check to ensure social distancing
  • Ability to render the diagram in 3D
  • A development that would be useful would be the ability to reorder the diagrams to a custom order in one event so that when exported as one document, they are in an order that can be customized to flow well for the meeting planner.
Cvent Social Tables is my number one choice for diagramming event spaces. They have so many different pre-set templates of common set-ups as well as the ease of customization of said set-ups. Especially now with event set-ups and social distancing so crucial, it puts our customers' minds at ease to see the space laid out with CDC guidelines. It really increases our customers' confidence in hosting safe meetings.
Read Monique Frankfort's full review
February 11, 2021
[Cvent Social Tables is used] primarily for visual seating and layouts to create dynamic room flows. This will be increasingly important and social distancing in onsite room sets is required.
  • Room layout
  • Space settings
  • Visual seating
  • Some areas can be a bit convoluted
  • Pricing
[Cvent Social Tables is] well suited for room layouts, when you are trying to determine how many people/tables/chairs can fit in a space. Again, this will be increasingly important with social distancing measures in place.
June 03, 2021
Cvent social tables is being used across multiple departments in our organization for a variety of events. It helps us seamlessly and easily organize our event floor plans across departments/siloed teams. It makes diagramming and layout of event space so easy. This has always been an arduous task with other vendors, but no more!
  • Realistic imaging
  • Shows RoI
  • More customizable
  • Not mobile friendly
  • Not as easy for smaller events
Cvent social tables is very well suited for multiple events in the same space or events with similar layouts. The bigger the event, the easier it is to use. The software isn't as well suited for smaller events; there's a lot of setup involved if you are only laying out a handful of booths and it may not be worth it.
May 30, 2021
This program is being used solely by the events department to organize and plan seating charts and room placements for our conferences. It allows us to properly plan out room capacities, seating charts and layouts, and saves our team time when set-up day comes around. It also allows us to effectively communicate with our vendors and hotel events team on how the rooms can be set up, fire marshal approvals, and exact expectations prior to the event.
  • Easy to use.
  • Easy adjustments can be made to room layouts.
  • Pre-uploaded event space layouts.
  • Easy to navigate for inexperienced planners.
  • More exact room specs for more accurate measurements/capacities.
  • More uploaded event space layouts.
  • Possibly gridding options for layouts.
It is most suitable for those in the events industry, where you will be planning out room layouts for different styles of seating depending on the event, accurately recording the room capacities based on the room layouts, approving the layouts with both the fire marshal and the hotel to event day-of issues, and having a smoother set-up day for the event.
July 19, 2020
Lisa Kelley, CMP | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Social tables within our Events Department for all mixers and signature events. Primarily, this is how we check in attendees to measure our overall engagement. We then export the report and import the data to our CRM so our sales team can follow up with attendees. We also use Social Tables when creating diagrams with our venues, and assigning seating arrangements.
  • User-friendly. It's easy for us to train other team members/staff/volunteers to use the front-end system for registration and event check-in.
  • Social Tables is great for creating custom room layouts and diagrams.
  • Social tables is customizable. We're able to capture specific information for attendees, and can "tag" them when additional info is needed.
  • I'd love to see more filtering capabilities when searching through registrants.
  • It would be nice if Social tables could be integrated to work directly with Salesforce, our CRM so we wouldn't have to import/export our reporting.
  • I'd love for Social Tables to directly integrate with OnArrival. (Maybe it does and we just haven't figured that out yet?)
We use Social Tables for all networking events as a way to track attendance. While some events are simpler and require less customization, there is still value in keeping check-in digital (especially in the eco-conscious and safety-focused time we live in!). The platform is especially important for signature events with table assignments/meal specifications/VIP attendees, etc.
The platform is so intuitive, we actually haven't really needed to utilize Cvent support for our events.
Read Lisa Kelley, CMP's full review
May 05, 2020
Madison Spears | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have used Cvent Social Tables to create floor plans for clients and brides. I worked in the Wedding Industry in Dallas doing event design. We used Social Tables to make sure the layout was proportionate, we could add in drape to see how much we needed to cover certain walls, make sure dining tables would fit, make sure buffets would work, etc. I love the thought behind each and every item that can be used in Social Tables to really make sure the designer is able to accurately design the space needed. I do not often run into items that I wish I could place on my floor plans because the list is very comprehensive. This allows for our clients to get a better feel for the design as well as we can see how many tables they may need to rent, how many different centerpieces, etc.
  • Stored local floor plans.
  • Ability to color code items.
  • Showing distance needed around a table.
  • Ability to create more custom items.
I think Cvent Social Tables should be used for every event. It might be a simple meeting, so your design will not take long at all, but it is important to make sure your event will fit in the space. Once you drop everything into the floor plan you can double check this. When you get into more comprehensive events, Social Tables is a must to stay organized and on top of everything!
Read Madison Spears's full review
April 26, 2020
Andrea Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SocialTables to arrange the floor plan for our events. It allows us to easily communicate with the event venues what we expect, coordinates seating and room turnover, communicates with event design professionals, and more. It is used by our event planning department only at this point in time but may be expanded at a later date.
  • Floor plan
  • Seating asssignments
  • Design
  • Organization
  • Event flow
  • Instead of just floor plans, I think it would be helpful to be able to see pictures of the interior venue.
Social Tables is well suited when planning an event. It allows you to design the entire layout as you see it, make sure the venue has the capacity to hold as many people you require and communicate with vendors in a clear and visual manner. It's like having an amateurs version of CAD drafting software.
Fortunately, I have not had to use support at this point in time so I would not be able to say.
Read Andrea Johnson's full review
March 11, 2020
Ruslana Milikhiker, CEM | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Social Tables to create floor plans and share them amongst our team. It's a great collaboration tool with our AV partner, the hotel, and the event team. We also like being able to have an inventory of floor plans from past events to be able to reference them when creating and editing new event diagrams.
  • Organization.
  • Easy to use.
  • Innovative.
Cvent Social Tables is well suited for a team that is looking to digitalize their processes and stay extremely organized when developing floor plans. It is good when you have many collaborators working simultaneously at an event. I think it is less appropriate when you host the same event at the same venues over and over again, as there won't be many changes to the floor plans and diagrams.
Great support, like any Cvent product I have used before. When you have a question or need another demo they are more than happy to schedule a call with you.
Read Ruslana Milikhiker, CEM's full review
February 20, 2020
Nicole Hayford | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Cvent Social Tables for our Corporate and Social Events for a hotel. It assisted with providing scaled diagrams and accurate set-ups for clients and in-house banquets. Social Tables is only used with the Sales & Catering and distributed to Banquets.
  • Drag and Drop Options.
  • Scaled Dimensions.
  • Exporting floorplans.
  • Sharing floorplans with clients.
Event Social Tables are well suited for trying to determine if a specific piece of furniture or décor item will fit within a floor plan before physically taking out tables and chairs and trying to make something work. It gives an accurate depiction of what is doable within the space that you have. I found that it is sometimes more difficult trying to set-up a floorplan on social tables for small meetings than to send what the client wants via email.
When it came to supporting and guidance, Cvent Social Table's support team was on top of providing excellent customer service. They wanted to make sure you used the program to the best of its ability. We had several virtual meetings to show us new tools and answer questions. They were always an email away.
Read Nicole Hayford's full review
February 04, 2020
Chelsea Benge | TrustRadius Reviewer
We've used Social Tables for organizing awards gala seating via room diagrams and other assigned seating for large-scale events. It provides accurate dimensions, set-ups, and realistic planning tools.
  • Visually appealing.
  • Accurate and dependable dimensions and sizing.
  • Would like to see more customization options.
  • Better integration with Cvent.
Cvent Social Tables is most appropriate for seating arrangements that are expected to be assigned seating, as well as for larger events that require multiple floor plans, floor plan table assignment changes, and rooms that are to be flipped in between sessions, etc. It is appropriate for unique table set-ups. It is less appropriate for standard room sets and designs that could be easily planned and placed.
The support was exceptional, and they remained an arm's reach away for when we ran into any questions after we began using the tool. Overall, we experienced phenomenal customer service. We also had more than one web-based call where their team would walk us through examples and answer any questions we had.
Read Chelsea Benge's full review
March 05, 2020
Gabrielle Boggs | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Cvent Social Tables for our tradeshows, banquets and break-out sessions. It provides accurate dimensions and helps us and our clients to understand what will be the best fit in each of our meeting spaces.
  • Easy to Use
  • Accurate Dimensions and Spacing
  • Cvent integration
  • Freezes occasionally
Great for planning simple banquets and breakouts. I would like to see more options for tradeshows set ups.
I haven't needed any customer support.
Read Gabrielle Boggs's full review
June 15, 2020
We use Cvent Social Tables to draw diagrams for our clients who are hosting their events at our venue. This gives the layout of their meeting or event so that they can see how it fits in a particular meeting space.
  • This is a very simple program.
  • It takes very little time to complete.
  • Very professional looking.
  • Easy to navigate.
  • No room for improvement!
  • Everyone should be using it!
  • Easy to navigate!
In the Hospitality industry, it is very important for a Meeting Planner to see their vision in print before it is actually created in the meeting space. This gives the Planner options and time to manipulate the area that they will need to ensure a successful event.
The people are friendly and very helpful!
February 11, 2020
We use Cvent Social Tables for room diagrams and assigned seating for large luncheon and dinner events. It is used across the organization and gives us a way to allow multiple people to collaborate on seating arrangements.
  • Easy to seat people based on grouping together individuals
  • Track everything in one place including meal preference
  • When you're viewing people to seat, you should be able to sort by last name
  • Would like to see easier navigation when clicking and dragging people to seats
Good for events where you have a lot of people to seat based on specific information, not necessary for smaller events
They are ok, but oftentimes the answer is "that's just how the software works right now" which isn't problem-solving.
January 24, 2020
Stephanie D'Angelo | TrustRadius Reviewer
Since we switched to Cvent Social Tables, creating diagrams for my events has been a breeze. I find it to be quite user-friendly but if I ever have any issues, I enjoy that I can jump on a live chat with the support team and get any issues resolved quickly. The universal search feature and favorites option is a real time saver. Best of all, I enjoy that I am able to add my clients as collaborators so that they can make and changes themselves. For those less tech savvy clients, I find I can send a link to my client for them to view my actions in real time while I have them on the phone. I give it an A++!
  • Universal Search
  • Live Chat
  • Improving service perimeter so that we can export multiple diagrams as one document rather than as individual PDFs. Currently because of the service perimeter settings, when we try to utilize the 'Export All' function, each diagram prints extremely small on the page.
  • I would like to be able to save specific colors as favorites. I tend to color code the items on a diagram (all AV in orange, all F&B in light blue, all items clients are providing in yellow, etc.). Currently, if I want to use a specific shade of a color, I have to select a currently shaded item and copy/paste the color code. Makes for extra steps in an otherwise quick process.
Other than the features previously mentioned, I find Social Tables well suited for any scenario where I am planning any event.
Read Stephanie D'Angelo's full review
Ashley Peacock, CVP | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our Event Services team within our venue utilizes Cvent Social Tables to develop event set-up diagrams for the event planners and other clients who hold events in our spaces. Some other departments have access to view/edit these, but the Event Services team primarily uses it. We work with event planners and other clients to edit these until they have approved them, then they are exported as PDFs and sent out to all staff at our facility in preparation for the event. We used this software to replace an older software serving the same purpose, which was extremely dated and had inferior customer service. I was familiar with Social Tables from implementing it at my previous venue. I knew when I started here that we could provide a superior service to our clients with it while also receiving excellent service ourselves.
  • Clean, clear event diagrams.
  • Overall great customer service.
  • The ability to render heights accurately.
  • Being able to edit the way specific tools look or the ability to design more customize-able team favorites instead of this.
Cvent Social Tables is excellent for event managers, planners, or others who need to be able to quickly and accurately draw an event set-up in a way that is clear and easy to read. I have seen it work well for organizations who plan events in other facilities as well as in my situation as an event venue. The biggest issue in which it does not work well is when you want to edit on the go. If you have a laptop or desktop computer to edit with, you're in good shape - but if you want to walk space with a tablet and make edits, you are out of luck.
I would honestly give it a solid ten if I could make a few small tweaks to the software itself and if I had a mobile/tablet app for my Event Services team to be able to create and edit diagrams when on the go with clients. Otherwise, it is an excellent choice for creating event set-up diagrams.
Read Ashley Peacock, CVP's full review
Nicholas Faulkenberg | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have a 35000 sq ft facility with multiple banquet rooms. Social tables allow diagraming specific rooms exactly to our specifications. For example, we have floating airwalls, and Cvent Social Tables allow us to adjust the walls in our rooms, just as we physically do in our rooms. Right now, it is being used by myself and one other person on the Operations Departments
  • Easy To Use
  • Saves in real time
  • Support is terrible
We have floating airwalls in all of our rooms to where a room could be made to seat 50 guests, or it could be made to seat 500 guests. Cvent Social Tables allows us to adjust our rooms and walls to our specifications.
Their support is terrible. It used to be great to where you would get on, and it was like you were speaking to an actual person. Now, it seems you are getting auto-responses that sometimes have absolutely nothing to do with the question you asked. It could use a lot of improvement.
Read Nicholas Faulkenberg's full review
Nicole Federico | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have used Cvent Social Tables at school, currently working towards an Associates Degree in Event Management. I've recommended it to other students too! The floor plan feature is fantastic. I've used it for final projects. I also enjoy the blog about trends and best practices. Always a good reminder and finding something new.
  • Floor plan feature
  • Blog
  • Larger floor plan symbols
The venue sourcing is user-friendly and quick to find floor plans for the facilities. Much faster than searching for the hotel and finding plans online via their own website. The symbols on the diagrams/floor plan feature come out rather small (even when selecting the largest view).
Although I have never used the help center, I think the tool is excellent. I know if I needed help, I would get a quick response. I have always experienced exceptional customer service for any Cvent product thus far.
Read Nicole Federico's full review
Juliana Menjivar | TrustRadius Reviewer
Social Tables has been fantastic to use and accurate on the dimensions. Very user friendly
  • Dimension of rooms are accurate
  • User friendly
  • Add more items and furniture for different type of events
I really like how the dimensions of the rooms are very accurate to the actual space
It is very user friendly
Read Juliana Menjivar's full review
January 24, 2020
Currently, a small base of users for testing to see how we can optimize floor plans, set up configurations for our Innovation Center as well as off-property events. We have custom diagrams Cvent Social Tables imported for us so they are exact specs for our facility. It gives professional vs. homemade diagrams as well as puts the control on your hands vs. outsourcing to an audiovisual company. Then there’s the seating diagrams that help place people at specific tables.
  • Pre-loaded venue diagrams with measurements to save time
  • Pretty intuitive
  • More seamless integration into Cvent’s platform
  • Easier venue and room finder
Suited well for most venues, and can be tailored to your own facility by importing cad drawings/specs. Since its new acquisition by Cvent there will be other seamless integration features. Training is essential to get the full opportunity out of social tables. After a while, you’ll get templates established and be able to design diagrams at a quicker pace.
Have had nothing but high levels of support for onboarding and training/usage requirements leveraging customer support
January 21, 2020
Social Tables is used in one department at my organization. It is used to accurately create floor plans and review spaces for various meetings and events. It's much easier than trying to create your own diagram in word or another program.
  • Ease of use
  • Quality of product
  • Missing functionality
  • Sometimes have errors while using
It works for several venues that you have a template for, as you have the size of the rooms, tables, etc., but isn't always useful for random venues or locations. For using for a miscellaneous venue, it's not always the quickest or easiest solution. It can be easier to just draw out a layout.
I have only used support a couple of times but have had positive experiences each time.
January 21, 2020
Cvent Social Tables has been an awesome tool that we are using in our meeting and incentive department. Social tables is such a great tool that allows us to show a client how the layout of a room will look without having to travel to the venue. Our clients love seeing how their event will look.
  • Saves time and money from traveling to certain venues
  • It doesn't have certain hotels
  • A mobile app would be great
Cvent Social Tables is a great tool that we are using all the time. We love the ease of use and functionality. In one case, we had a client who wanted to see how his layout would work and Social Tables allowed that. It turns out he hated how the room was going to look. Social Tables allowed us to play around with layouts and provide our client with the perfect layout and scenario for his event.
Cvent Social Tables support is great. We have never run into an issue.
January 17, 2020
In collaboration with one of our vendors, we use Cvent Social Tables to layout seating plans for our major event. Between needing 60% seating for our cocktail reception to doing assigned seating for 600 people for a gala dinner -- seating of which we only assign within ~24 hours of the event once we know how many people are in attendance. We can use the system to generate to scale seating assignments and assign table numbers so the team working on the seating chart can assign people. From within Cvent Social Tables, we can then import table numbers per attendee and use it to send out a quick email blast letting people know where they're sitting. In the past, our team would spend hours on the day of the event, calling people to let them know what table they'd be sitting at that night. So we're able to streamline that all now and allow our employees to better focus on the event attendee experience as a whole.
  • Table Assignments
  • Dietary Restrictions
  • Time consuming at initial start.
  • It's changed a lot so creates a learning curve frequently.
When you have a complicated dinner -- where you require tables where maybe every the table doesn't have the same number of seats and then each person at a table could potentially have a dietary restriction we need to keep track of. It's also useful for overall just arranging seating if you're doing a general session set up to see how many people can fit or if we need a bigger / smaller space. The ease with which we have been able to collaborate space arrangements between ourselves, our event management partner, and our hotel venue contact has been invaluable in saving time.
We have not used support much for this, we rely on our 3rd party vendor for any issues that we have, but overall Cvent Social Tables support has been great on any solution we're using.
January 15, 2020
Cvent Social Tables is a great solution for our team as it provides us with a quick and easy (and professional) method for communicating options and ideas to clients interested in renting our public event spaces. Although our overall organization is much larger, our Development Events Team and Events and Rentals Teams are able to utilize the program with minimal support and input.
  • Duplicate previous events with ease!
  • Add complicated seating arrangements (Theater Seating, Circles, Curved Rows etc.)!
  • My development department has expressed challenges with missing seating assignments at times.
  • Adding new spaces to the program can be a challenge,
Cvent Social Tables is excellent for:
- Repeat clients or events
- Creating multiple options for clients
- Ease of use and interface is awesome!
Less appropriate for:
- Layering within the program (i.e., filtering out information on the same diagram for multiple purposes).
- Some layouts are more challenging than others.
- The text tool can be clunky in odd-shaped spaces.
Our rep is very helpful when we have questions and needs. However, in the instance that we've come across issues in the past in development, we have, on occasion, had a hard time connecting with support. However, since Cvent acquired Social Tables, we've seen a surge in customer service and had no issues since the acquisition.
January 15, 2020
As a third-party event planning company, we use Cvent Social Tables to put together floor plans for our clients. It enables us to create layouts and often be able to use venue formats already in Social Tables. Once you put information into a floor plan, Cvent Social Tables allows you to export helpful information like how many tables you've included in your floor plan, chairs, etc.
  • Allows you to easily create floor plans
  • Allows you to upload floor plans from venues all over the world
  • Could add in more venues
  • Could partner with more rental companies to implement more inventory options
Cvent Social Tables is perfect for event planners to layout floor plans for events. It is a great tool to layout event spaces, especially for things like receptions and exhibits. Cvent Social Tables isn't applicable in cases where you are wanting to create custom set designs. For that, you would need to use a more intricate program like Vectorworks.
Since Cvent Social Tables is very user friendly, I have only needed support a few times. When I have needed help, I have always gotten responses very quickly. Having been a user for a few years, I see that Social Tables is constantly trying to update the platform based on user feedback.

Cvent Event Diagramming (Formerly Social Tables) Scorecard Summary

What is Cvent Event Diagramming (Formerly Social Tables)?

Cvent Social Tables is a software application that allows event planners and properties to work together online. Cvent's cloud-based hospitality software positions event properties to increase sales and work more collaboratively and efficiently with their event, and meeting customers. The vendor boasts over 175,000 unique users who rely on Social Tables and state that over 4 million events have been planned within the platform.

Cvent Event Diagramming (Formerly Social Tables) Features

Has featureShowcase your space: Sell the vision of your space with accurate floor plans and differentiating details planners need to know.
Has featureCreate custom diagrams fast: Provide a personalized experience and save time with templates, favorites, and customizable objects.
Has featureCollaborate in real-time: Strengthen relationships by inviting clients or vendors to watch and comment as you make changes on diagrams they can see.

Cvent Event Diagramming (Formerly Social Tables) Screenshots