Cvent Social Tables Reviews

Lisa Kelley, CMP | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 19, 2020

Perfect Platform for Attendee Registration & Check-in

We use Social tables within our Events Department for all mixers and signature events. Primarily, this is how we check in attendees to measure our overall engagement. We then export the report and import the data to our CRM so our sales team can follow up with attendees. We also use Social Tables when creating diagrams with our venues, and assigning seating arrangements.
  • User-friendly. It's easy for us to train other team members/staff/volunteers to use the front-end system for registration and event check-in.
  • Social Tables is great for creating custom room layouts and diagrams.
  • Social tables is customizable. We're able to capture specific information for attendees, and can "tag" them when additional info is needed.
  • I'd love to see more filtering capabilities when searching through registrants.
  • It would be nice if Social tables could be integrated to work directly with Salesforce, our CRM so we wouldn't have to import/export our reporting.
  • I'd love for Social Tables to directly integrate with OnArrival. (Maybe it does and we just haven't figured that out yet?)
We use Social Tables for all networking events as a way to track attendance. While some events are simpler and require less customization, there is still value in keeping check-in digital (especially in the eco-conscious and safety-focused time we live in!). The platform is especially important for signature events with table assignments/meal specifications/VIP attendees, etc.
Read Lisa Kelley, CMP's full review
Madison Spears | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 05, 2020

Floor Plans for Every Event, Big or Small!

I have used Cvent Social Tables to create floor plans for clients and brides. I worked in the Wedding Industry in Dallas doing event design. We used Social Tables to make sure the layout was proportionate, we could add in drape to see how much we needed to cover certain walls, make sure dining tables would fit, make sure buffets would work, etc. I love the thought behind each and every item that can be used in Social Tables to really make sure the designer is able to accurately design the space needed. I do not often run into items that I wish I could place on my floor plans because the list is very comprehensive. This allows for our clients to get a better feel for the design as well as we can see how many tables they may need to rent, how many different centerpieces, etc.
  • Stored local floor plans.
  • Ability to color code items.
  • Showing distance needed around a table.
  • Ability to create more custom items.
I think Cvent Social Tables should be used for every event. It might be a simple meeting, so your design will not take long at all, but it is important to make sure your event will fit in the space. Once you drop everything into the floor plan you can double check this. When you get into more comprehensive events, Social Tables is a must to stay organized and on top of everything!
Read Madison Spears's full review
Andrea Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 26, 2020

Easy to Use and makes it easy to plan!

We use SocialTables to arrange the floor plan for our events. It allows us to easily communicate with the event venues what we expect, coordinates seating and room turnover, communicates with event design professionals, and more. It is used by our event planning department only at this point in time but may be expanded at a later date.
  • Floor plan
  • Seating asssignments
  • Design
  • Organization
  • Event flow
  • Instead of just floor plans, I think it would be helpful to be able to see pictures of the interior venue.
Social Tables is well suited when planning an event. It allows you to design the entire layout as you see it, make sure the venue has the capacity to hold as many people you require and communicate with vendors in a clear and visual manner. It's like having an amateurs version of CAD drafting software.
Read Andrea Johnson's full review
Ruslana Milikhiker, CEM | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 11, 2020

You'll want a seat at this table!

We use Social Tables to create floor plans and share them amongst our team. It's a great collaboration tool with our AV partner, the hotel, and the event team. We also like being able to have an inventory of floor plans from past events to be able to reference them when creating and editing new event diagrams.
  • Organization.
  • Easy to use.
  • Innovative.
Cvent Social Tables is well suited for a team that is looking to digitalize their processes and stay extremely organized when developing floor plans. It is good when you have many collaborators working simultaneously at an event. I think it is less appropriate when you host the same event at the same venues over and over again, as there won't be many changes to the floor plans and diagrams.
Read Ruslana Milikhiker, CEM's full review
Nicole Hayford | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 20, 2020

Building Floorplans

We use Cvent Social Tables for our Corporate and Social Events for a hotel. It assisted with providing scaled diagrams and accurate set-ups for clients and in-house banquets. Social Tables is only used with the Sales & Catering and distributed to Banquets.
  • Drag and Drop Options.
  • Scaled Dimensions.
  • Exporting floorplans.
  • Sharing floorplans with clients.
Event Social Tables are well suited for trying to determine if a specific piece of furniture or décor item will fit within a floor plan before physically taking out tables and chairs and trying to make something work. It gives an accurate depiction of what is doable within the space that you have. I found that it is sometimes more difficult trying to set-up a floorplan on social tables for small meetings than to send what the client wants via email.
Read Nicole Hayford's full review
Gabrielle Boggs | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 05, 2020

Floor Plans Made Easy

We use Cvent Social Tables for our tradeshows, banquets and break-out sessions. It provides accurate dimensions and helps us and our clients to understand what will be the best fit in each of our meeting spaces.
  • Easy to Use
  • Accurate Dimensions and Spacing
  • Cvent integration
  • Freezes occasionally
Great for planning simple banquets and breakouts. I would like to see more options for tradeshows set ups.
Read Gabrielle Boggs's full review
June 15, 2020

Easiest product to navigate & presents well!

We use Cvent Social Tables to draw diagrams for our clients who are hosting their events at our venue. This gives the layout of their meeting or event so that they can see how it fits in a particular meeting space.
  • This is a very simple program.
  • It takes very little time to complete.
  • Very professional looking.
  • Easy to navigate.
  • No room for improvement!
  • Everyone should be using it!
  • Easy to navigate!
In the Hospitality industry, it is very important for a Meeting Planner to see their vision in print before it is actually created in the meeting space. This gives the Planner options and time to manipulate the area that they will need to ensure a successful event.
Chelsea Benge | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 04, 2020

A Remedy For Assigned Seating Headaches!

We've used Social Tables for organizing awards gala seating via room diagrams and other assigned seating for large-scale events. It provides accurate dimensions, set-ups, and realistic planning tools.
  • Visually appealing.
  • Accurate and dependable dimensions and sizing.
  • Would like to see more customization options.
  • Better integration with Cvent.
Cvent Social Tables is most appropriate for seating arrangements that are expected to be assigned seating, as well as for larger events that require multiple floor plans, floor plan table assignment changes, and rooms that are to be flipped in between sessions, etc. It is appropriate for unique table set-ups. It is less appropriate for standard room sets and designs that could be easily planned and placed.
Read Chelsea Benge's full review
Stephanie D'Angelo | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 24, 2020

Love Social Tables!

Since we switched to Cvent Social Tables, creating diagrams for my events has been a breeze. I find it to be quite user-friendly but if I ever have any issues, I enjoy that I can jump on a live chat with the support team and get any issues resolved quickly. The universal search feature and favorites option is a real time saver. Best of all, I enjoy that I am able to add my clients as collaborators so that they can make and changes themselves. For those less tech savvy clients, I find I can send a link to my client for them to view my actions in real time while I have them on the phone. I give it an A++!
  • Universal Search
  • Live Chat
  • Improving service perimeter so that we can export multiple diagrams as one document rather than as individual PDFs. Currently because of the service perimeter settings, when we try to utilize the 'Export All' function, each diagram prints extremely small on the page.
  • I would like to be able to save specific colors as favorites. I tend to color code the items on a diagram (all AV in orange, all F&B in light blue, all items clients are providing in yellow, etc.). Currently, if I want to use a specific shade of a color, I have to select a currently shaded item and copy/paste the color code. Makes for extra steps in an otherwise quick process.
Other than the features previously mentioned, I find Social Tables well suited for any scenario where I am planning any event.
Read Stephanie D'Angelo's full review
Ashley Peacock, CVP | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

Clean, modern event diagramming software with great customer service - just needs a working mobile app and it'd be perfect!

Our Event Services team within our venue utilizes Cvent Social Tables to develop event set-up diagrams for the event planners and other clients who hold events in our spaces. Some other departments have access to view/edit these, but the Event Services team primarily uses it. We work with event planners and other clients to edit these until they have approved them, then they are exported as PDFs and sent out to all staff at our facility in preparation for the event. We used this software to replace an older software serving the same purpose, which was extremely dated and had inferior customer service. I was familiar with Social Tables from implementing it at my previous venue. I knew when I started here that we could provide a superior service to our clients with it while also receiving excellent service ourselves.
  • Clean, clear event diagrams.
  • Overall great customer service.
  • The ability to render heights accurately.
  • Being able to edit the way specific tools look or the ability to design more customize-able team favorites instead of this.
Cvent Social Tables is excellent for event managers, planners, or others who need to be able to quickly and accurately draw an event set-up in a way that is clear and easy to read. I have seen it work well for organizations who plan events in other facilities as well as in my situation as an event venue. The biggest issue in which it does not work well is when you want to edit on the go. If you have a laptop or desktop computer to edit with, you're in good shape - but if you want to walk space with a tablet and make edits, you are out of luck.
Read Ashley Peacock, CVP's full review
Nicholas Faulkenberg | TrustRadius Reviewer

Loving it

We have a 35000 sq ft facility with multiple banquet rooms. Social tables allow diagraming specific rooms exactly to our specifications. For example, we have floating airwalls, and Cvent Social Tables allow us to adjust the walls in our rooms, just as we physically do in our rooms. Right now, it is being used by myself and one other person on the Operations Departments
  • Easy To Use
  • Saves in real time
  • Support is terrible
We have floating airwalls in all of our rooms to where a room could be made to seat 50 guests, or it could be made to seat 500 guests. Cvent Social Tables allows us to adjust our rooms and walls to our specifications.
Read Nicholas Faulkenberg's full review
Nicole Federico | TrustRadius Reviewer

Cvent Social Table's Floor Plan Feature

I have used Cvent Social Tables at school, currently working towards an Associates Degree in Event Management. I've recommended it to other students too! The floor plan feature is fantastic. I've used it for final projects. I also enjoy the blog about trends and best practices. Always a good reminder and finding something new.
  • Floor plan feature
  • Blog
  • Larger floor plan symbols
The venue sourcing is user-friendly and quick to find floor plans for the facilities. Much faster than searching for the hotel and finding plans online via their own website. The symbols on the diagrams/floor plan feature come out rather small (even when selecting the largest view).
Read Nicole Federico's full review
Juliana Menjivar | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

Social Tables is very user friendly and has been an excellent tool to work with.

Social Tables has been fantastic to use and accurate on the dimensions. Very user friendly
  • Dimension of rooms are accurate
  • User friendly
  • Add more items and furniture for different type of events
I really like how the dimensions of the rooms are very accurate to the actual space
Read Juliana Menjivar's full review
February 11, 2020

Social Tables - Good not Great

We use Cvent Social Tables for room diagrams and assigned seating for large luncheon and dinner events. It is used across the organization and gives us a way to allow multiple people to collaborate on seating arrangements.
  • Easy to seat people based on grouping together individuals
  • Track everything in one place including meal preference
  • When you're viewing people to seat, you should be able to sort by last name
  • Would like to see easier navigation when clicking and dragging people to seats
Good for events where you have a lot of people to seat based on specific information, not necessary for smaller events
January 24, 2020

Take the headache away from table and space management

Currently, a small base of users for testing to see how we can optimize floor plans, set up configurations for our Innovation Center as well as off-property events. We have custom diagrams Cvent Social Tables imported for us so they are exact specs for our facility. It gives professional vs. homemade diagrams as well as puts the control on your hands vs. outsourcing to an audiovisual company. Then there’s the seating diagrams that help place people at specific tables.
  • Pre-loaded venue diagrams with measurements to save time
  • Pretty intuitive
  • More seamless integration into Cvent’s platform
  • Easier venue and room finder
Suited well for most venues, and can be tailored to your own facility by importing cad drawings/specs. Since its new acquisition by Cvent there will be other seamless integration features. Training is essential to get the full opportunity out of social tables. After a while, you’ll get templates established and be able to design diagrams at a quicker pace.
January 21, 2020

Social Tables User

Social Tables is used in one department at my organization. It is used to accurately create floor plans and review spaces for various meetings and events. It's much easier than trying to create your own diagram in word or another program.
  • Ease of use
  • Quality of product
  • Missing functionality
  • Sometimes have errors while using
It works for several venues that you have a template for, as you have the size of the rooms, tables, etc., but isn't always useful for random venues or locations. For using for a miscellaneous venue, it's not always the quickest or easiest solution. It can be easier to just draw out a layout.
January 21, 2020

A must have for any event planner!

Cvent Social Tables has been an awesome tool that we are using in our meeting and incentive department. Social tables is such a great tool that allows us to show a client how the layout of a room will look without having to travel to the venue. Our clients love seeing how their event will look.
  • Saves time and money from traveling to certain venues
  • It doesn't have certain hotels
  • A mobile app would be great
Cvent Social Tables is a great tool that we are using all the time. We love the ease of use and functionality. In one case, we had a client who wanted to see how his layout would work and Social Tables allowed that. It turns out he hated how the room was going to look. Social Tables allowed us to play around with layouts and provide our client with the perfect layout and scenario for his event.

Great for Collaboration Amongst Multiple Groups

In collaboration with one of our vendors, we use Cvent Social Tables to layout seating plans for our major event. Between needing 60% seating for our cocktail reception to doing assigned seating for 600 people for a gala dinner -- seating of which we only assign within ~24 hours of the event once we know how many people are in attendance. We can use the system to generate to scale seating assignments and assign table numbers so the team working on the seating chart can assign people. From within Cvent Social Tables, we can then import table numbers per attendee and use it to send out a quick email blast letting people know where they're sitting. In the past, our team would spend hours on the day of the event, calling people to let them know what table they'd be sitting at that night. So we're able to streamline that all now and allow our employees to better focus on the event attendee experience as a whole.
  • Table Assignments
  • Dietary Restrictions
  • Time consuming at initial start.
  • It's changed a lot so creates a learning curve frequently.
When you have a complicated dinner -- where you require tables where maybe every the table doesn't have the same number of seats and then each person at a table could potentially have a dietary restriction we need to keep track of. It's also useful for overall just arranging seating if you're doing a general session set up to see how many people can fit or if we need a bigger / smaller space. The ease with which we have been able to collaborate space arrangements between ourselves, our event management partner, and our hotel venue contact has been invaluable in saving time.
January 15, 2020

Social Tables: An Intuitive Way to Get Things Done!

Cvent Social Tables is a great solution for our team as it provides us with a quick and easy (and professional) method for communicating options and ideas to clients interested in renting our public event spaces. Although our overall organization is much larger, our Development Events Team and Events and Rentals Teams are able to utilize the program with minimal support and input.
  • Duplicate previous events with ease!
  • Add complicated seating arrangements (Theater Seating, Circles, Curved Rows etc.)!
  • My development department has expressed challenges with missing seating assignments at times.
  • Adding new spaces to the program can be a challenge,
Cvent Social Tables is excellent for:
- Repeat clients or events
- Creating multiple options for clients
- Ease of use and interface is awesome!
Less appropriate for:
- Layering within the program (i.e., filtering out information on the same diagram for multiple purposes).
- Some layouts are more challenging than others.
- The text tool can be clunky in odd-shaped spaces.

Great Necessity for Event Planners

As a third-party event planning company, we use Cvent Social Tables to put together floor plans for our clients. It enables us to create layouts and often be able to use venue formats already in Social Tables. Once you put information into a floor plan, Cvent Social Tables allows you to export helpful information like how many tables you've included in your floor plan, chairs, etc.
  • Allows you to easily create floor plans
  • Allows you to upload floor plans from venues all over the world
  • Could add in more venues
  • Could partner with more rental companies to implement more inventory options
Cvent Social Tables is perfect for event planners to layout floor plans for events. It is a great tool to layout event spaces, especially for things like receptions and exhibits. Cvent Social Tables isn't applicable in cases where you are wanting to create custom set designs. For that, you would need to use a more intricate program like Vectorworks.
January 13, 2020

Great asset for event teams!

Social Tables is utilized to share event diagrams with all departments involved in event execution. This ensures my client and team know exactly what's happening!
  • Ability to share and work at the same time as your client on a diagram.
  • Spacing, to see what type of space is required between items.
  • 3D does not always work on very large diagrams
  • Items on diagrams like to line up perfectly. If you need something in between spaces sometimes it's difficult to get it there.
Social Tables is a great asset to an event manager's role. This allows me to get on the phone with a client or planner and work through items via phone but while both being able to edit and work on the diagram all at once.
January 13, 2020

Cvent Social Tables Review

We are using it to create diagrams throughout all phases of our event life cycle - sales, planning and execution. We even utilize it for planning for future events. After an event has been executed and we feel things should have been done differently, we will duplicate the diagram, and update it accordingly to what we feel will work better.
  • Great communication tool to clients and operations teams
  • 3D component is fantastic
  • Fewer steps to set a diagram would be great
  • Better mobile capabilities
Social Tables is great for complex events with many moving parts. I particularly enjoy adding my clients as a collaborator so they can provide input as needed and see the diagram take shape in real-time. This direct line of communication allows for minimal surprises on-site, if any, and the clients are even more satisfied with their events. Social Table is not appropriate for small meetings.

Hear great things!

We use it through a sister-company who manages their timelines and logistics organization through it. It is currently not used in our immediate department, although I could see potential future benefits to doing so.
  • Straight-forward
  • User-friendly
  • More comprehensive calendar functions.
Appropriate for internal communication between businesses/industry professionals. Good way to share common knowledge within the team.

Social Tables: A Catalyst for Efficiency

We use Cvent Social Tables to diagram events and conferences hosted at the hotel.
  • User friendly
  • Visually appealing
  • Customization more accessible
Cvent Social Tables is perfect for diagraming events to show to planners and clients as well as using internally across different departments.
January 15, 2020

Makes Doing Floor Plans Much Easier!!

We use Cvent Social Tables in our department to help manage our layouts for our events. Cvent Social Tables makes doing diagrams and seating charts so much easier!
  • Diagram and Seating
  • Floor Plans
  • N/A
Cvent Social Tables is extremely helpful for galas and large events where you needing a seating chart.

Cvent Social Tables Scorecard Summary

About Cvent Social Tables

Cvent Social Tables is a software application that allows event planners and properties to work together online. Cvent's cloud-based hospitality software positions event properties to increase sales and work more collaboratively and efficiently with their event, and meeting customers. The vendor boasts over 175,000 unique users who rely on Social Tables and state that over 4 million events have been planned within the platform.

Cvent Social Tables Features

Has featureShowcase your space: Sell the vision of your space with accurate floor plans and differentiating details planners need to know.
Has featureCreate custom diagrams fast: Provide a personalized experience and save time with templates, favorites, and customizable objects.
Has featureCollaborate in real-time: Strengthen relationships by inviting clients or vendors to watch and comment as you make changes on diagrams they can see.

Cvent Social Tables Screenshots