Indeed

Indeed Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Indeed.com is the platform that we use to post for current job openings. Only HR department has access to post jobs, therefore, it is used by one department only. It is easy to navigate, and innovative, their team tries and always looks for new ways to display jobs. In our organization, we have one job board, and Indeed.com automatically pulls current job ads from our career portal. This is SO AWESOME. No need to update multiple platforms. Highly recommend it!!!
  • Process automation
  • Great layout
  • Can post free of charge
  • Missing functionality - maybe activity report, how many clicks per position per week?
Indeed.com is suited very well for HR Department to post for current job openings. For companies that have job boards, process can be automated.
Indeed.com has ability to employers to post jobs at no charge, but visibility is not guaranteed. So for some companies that require hire fast and are ready to pay money for that - make sure to pay right away. Do not use free postings, not that many applicants.
May 11, 2021

HUGE ROI

Drew Ostrem | TrustRadius Reviewer
[Indeed.com] is used by our talent acquisition business unit to advertise Job Openings across the US and Globally (UK, India, APAC).

In 2019[,] 10% of our new hires [were] "from" Indeed.
  • The best free job advertising platform out there that is easy to use and integrates with our ATS Greenhouse
  • ATS (Greenhouse) automatically posts every job to Indeed and requires zero effort
  • Formatting of the the jobs from my ATS look good when "pulled" over to Indeed
  • Able to integrate questions with rules that allow you to shortlist candidates in a more timely fashion
  • Sponsoring portal has change a couple times. I do not love the new format as of 5/2021 but it is not bad.
  • They allow you to use a credit card for sponsoring which linkedin will not
  • Sponsoring criteria is good and has many options
  • Sponsoring the jobs through my ATS is possible but it is much more effective going directly to the indeed platform. It should be the same and same experience, but it is not
  • I had issues Linking our indeed page to the proper company page etc...
  • New job sponsoring platform can be confusing
[Indeed.com] will by far get you the most applicants. Linkedin and other sites will say these applicants are "lower quality". I have studied the data for 2 years (2018,2019). Indeed accounted for about 10% of our hires and Linkedin accounted for 12% and Glassdoor about 5% of hires.

Simply said LinkedIn costs a lot, [Indeed.com] costs a little. I have now virtually cut out my LinkedIn advertising costs. I do not sponsor any jobs on LinkedIn because of the cost and lack of billing flexibility. I use about 10% of that old LinkedIn budget to sponsor jobs on Indeed and to pay for LinkedIn Recruiter as we get 40% of our hires from LinkedIn Recruiter. All in all, I have so far been able to deliver quality candidates on time and at a much lower budget so I look like a hero
Katie Bindert | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have used Indeed.com periodically for over 10 years. Indeed.com is, and has pretty much always been, my go-to when searching for new employment. Indeed.com has continued to maintain a very clean and clutter free website while keeping job postings efficiently categorized.
  • Indeed.com has set the gold standard on tailoring job alerts!
  • You can easily create a resume with their Resume Builder.
  • Indeed.com is wallet friendly with FREE job postings!
  • Indeed.com doesn’t offer many other resources outside of searching for a job.
  • While their navigation is effective, it’s not the most aesthetically pleasing!
Indeed.com is best suited for individuals who want to find new employment quickly and efficiently and/or need help creating and tailoring their resume.
We use [Indeed.com] as the primary tool to find applicants. It is the most popular platform and therefore gives us the largest amount of candidates over a week or month span. Works great, allows you to create a job posting quickly and always gets a good number of candidates.
  • Allows you to reach applicants on a larger basis
  • Easy to post a job and get feedback from applicants
  • Love the filters to try and filter out candidates that wouldn't be a great fit
  • Not as easy to use for people applying to jobs
  • Doesn't get as precise candidates as other software's without making a bunch of filters
For the price this is the best and I think most common platform for finding applicants online. Not as easy to use as ZipRecruiter but is still pretty easy to use. We get the majority of our employee hires from using [Indeed.com]. It works great!
Shawn Strasburg | TrustRadius Reviewer
[Indeed.com] is used by me to outsource work when workflow is to high for my team to complete in a timely manner. I also use indeed to find new jobs when workflow is slow or current jobs are completed faster than anticipated. Indeed is my go to trusted site to find work fast.
  • Ease of job searching
  • Easy to use on a mobile device
  • It’s free
  • Overwhelms candidates that have outdated resumes
  • Overwhelming to less tech savvy users
  • Job descriptions previews are small
[Indeed.com] is great for the modern tech savvy users with a updated resume and previous work descriptions. Where indeed is less appropriate is for someone who has an outdated resume or limited work history as it can become over whelming to some. Then the job description previews are small and hard to read with a very minimal description.
Darian Rawson | TrustRadius Reviewer
[Indeed.com] is one of the more focused talent finding and job finding solutions to find part time or full time employees. It provides good tools that are effective for job seekers to be alerted to new openings as well as for hiring managers to vet their applicants and find applicants. It works really well for all sides.
  • Focused and easy system
  • Clean UI without clutter
  • Doesn't feel like you are being oversold to promote postings to people who will not be qualified
  • Repetitive postings across other platforms
  • Too many emails
  • Sometimes conflicting and confusing overlapping services
[Indeed.com] is great because the focus is on finding openings or people rather than overcommunication, and there are additional features to help job finders filter out the hobs that will not be right for them or a good fit. Likewise for hiring it is really effective at whittling down applicants and keeping track.
Sergey Gorbanenko | TrustRadius Reviewer
Previously recruiting new personnel was a task that used to take a large proportion of our time and we did not always find what we wanted, now thanks to Indeed we have been able to find the human talent that we require as an organization, study their resume in detail, conduct the respective job interviews and make hires quickly and effectively. It is a benefit to be able to count on this platform for recruiting the right people.
  • I love how easy it is to recruit new human talent for our organization's openings.
  • Indeed provides a user-friendly and navigable platform where we can easily post job requisitions and review applications.
  • It's amazing how easy it is for us as employers to search for the human talent we need and generate employment opportunities.
  • I consider that the prices for getting the services and posting job offers on this platform are a bit high.
Indeed has worked well in our organization, we have been able to generate employment opportunities and execute effective hires thanks to its recruitment and outreach tools, I would definitely recommend it.
Amy Love | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our Staffing Dept. uses indeed to post openings with in our area both temp and permanent. One Staffer from each department/office uses indeed.com. It allows us to reach a large range of job seekers.
  • Reaches a larger audience of job seekers
  • Very user friendly for both hiring agent and job seeker
  • Attracts a large variety of people
  • An option for more detailed searches
  • Forcing renewing resumes after 30-60 days or erasing them
  • Only showing for job seeker with specific trades
I used Indeed for many job openings I need to fill and 90% of the time it finds me the right employee. I feel sometimes I am filtering through resumes that aren't close to what I am looking for or in no way could fill the position and it can be frustrating, not sure how to keep those particulars from finding the ad placed.
Joe Torres | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have used it to find candidates for our positions posted. We then consider them based on experience. I believe that due to the workforce that we are in now that we need to have a partner like Indeed that will help us find the right person for the job.
  • Selection
  • Grouping
  • Response
  • Calendar
  • Video chat
We needed to find several candidates after opening up a position. It did help us narrow down the path to finding the right fit. Without a company with values and integrity, there is no point sometimes. But Indeed has both and has always been there for the employees and employers.
April 23, 2021

Indeed.com review

Indeed.com is a worldwide employment related search engine for job listings that provides service including job search, job trends, resume upload, storage and search, industry trends, salary search, job competition index and website forums. At our organization, we use it to post only the job postings related to United States.
  • Set of resumes.
  • Texting to candidate.
  • Predefined templates and packages.
  • Phone screen tends to land in applicants spam folder.
  • UI needs improvement.
Indeed is great for jobs within the area. We have used it to assist our users in looking for potential jobs, used it for my own job search, compare job descriptions and salaries when creating posting at our company. Well suited for locations where it's adapted a lot. In some countries, it may not be as popular as other job boards.
Brett Flitton | TrustRadius Reviewer
Indeed.com is the best place to put our job listings. It usually has the most job applicants for job postings. In the past we have hired candidates that come from Indeed because they have such a large user base.
  • Large amount of traffic.
  • Lots of job postings.
  • Simple layout and easy to navigate.
  • Great emails for job notifications.
  • Indeed.com isn't great for recruiting.
  • The cost to advertise jobs can get pricey.
  • There are some not so legit jobs posted that get in the way of real jobs.
Indeed.com is great for people looking for jobs. I have used it to find jobs and we have also used it to find people to hire. Indeed.com also has comparison job descriptions and salary estimates, but in smaller cities these usually are not available. When you are looking to hire an employee Indeed.com is the first place you should start.
Jim Noia | TrustRadius Reviewer
Indeed.com is currently used by our Talent Acquisition team. We use it 2 ways. First a job postings are automatically uploaded and posted on Indeed.com. Secondly our team uses it to actively search for candidates to fill open requisitions.
  • Indeed.com takes the hassle out of posting our jobs.. It is done automatically and seamlessly.
  • Their user interface makes searching for candidates easy. You control the the search, including distance and time. You can also search for those that "are ready to go to work."
  • I would like to be able to delete old email templates.
Indeed.com is well suited for searching candidates who are actively searching. I love the fact that they let you know when a profile has been recently updated.

The ability to store email templates online makes it very easy to reach out to a candidate.

It would be great if it would suggest alternate search terms based upon what you entered.

I am not fond of having to "package" each download into a specific file.
Ideed is a unique tool to source candidates, especially for Administrative, Accounting/Financial, and Back Office roles. It's a great competitor of the typical job boards and resumes databases. It complements the other resources.
  • Unique job posting capabilities to explore additional services to source and pre-screen applicants to job postings!
  • You can search the resume and read the entire resume before messaging the candidate!
  • Ability to source using the job descriptions are a unique technique!
  • More flexibility for employers to see more contact information from applicants, i.e. make sure they provide phone numbers and eMail addresses when responding to job postings!
  • Screen candidates better for ones that are posted by staff augmentation organizations!
As mentioned before the unique methods to post jobs, ask screening questions of candidates, respond directly to the applicants, as well as the screening and sourcing support available.
March 29, 2021

Indeed.com Review

We use Indeed.com to post job listings for our Wendy's stores. It is great because we can add different users and contact info so that the store handles all the new hires without having to put a huge burden on HR. We as HR do create the job postings etc., but it is nice that the managers can screen/interview the employees for their stores accordingly.
  • Manager access
  • Different job postings
  • Easy to use software
  • For billing purposes, we have to allocate the labor for our finance team. It would be nice if they can give us a bill by store name instead of a whole total.
I think Indeed.com is great because we can turn job postings on/off with just a click of a button. It is easy to use for both HR & our hiring managers in the store. I think more people use Indeed in general so the candidate pool is bigger in my opinion.
It has been around for so long. If there is ever an issue, their customer service team is there to help.
Gaurav Gandhi | TrustRadius Reviewer
Indeed.com [helps] me find the best leads for offshore dedicated resources. I [am] really impressed with the support I get from indeed.com.
Usually, we prefer to use Upwork and other job portals but when I [started] to use indeed.com I [was] really happy and [got] more work from it.

It also helps my company [find] good talent, as we found many good and certified resources from it. I highly recommend Indeed.com[.]
  • No monthly or yearly contract to post job
  • Good platform to hire perfect talent
  • Legit Job post from clients
  • Not much mobile friendly
  • Time consuming to post new job
  • Resume template need improvement
There are so many features that have been helpful at every stage of our candidate search. I love that there are intuitive ways to quickly and easily mark levels of interest in each candidate, which helps me keep a large volume of applicants very organized. Additionally, the screening questions and phone interview functionality have saved me so much time, effort, and energy. Before I would waste my time and that of the applicants by scheduling phone interviews to do what [Indeed.com] now does for me automatically. [Indeed.com] has truly been an incredible asset for our company.
The interface is not easy to understand at first glance; it needs to improve aspects of design, colors, location of tools, and fluidity in the functions.

April 22, 2021

Indeed for the win

Lori Riegel | TrustRadius Reviewer
Indeed.com is used to post job openings at the five high schools operated in the greater Tucson area. That is how I found out about and applied for the position I have now. It was a great resource. I was able to submit my application, look at the job description, etc.
  • Compare job postings
  • Submit application
  • Search for jobs
  • Submit resume as a PDF
  • Track job applications
  • Better search engines
Indeed.com is helpful both from the point of view of an employer searching for applicants for a job posting and for a job applicant searching for positions to apply for. I found my current position through Indeed.com, and the process was user-friendly. I was able to see what I had applied for, bookmark positions I was interested in, etc.
John Hinson | TrustRadius Reviewer
[Indeed.com] is the primary platform our company uses to recruit and hire new team members.
  • Reputation as the top hiring platform
  • Easy to use job posting system
  • Their sales team can be too persistent
  • Their quizzing and custom profiling options could be improved
  • Recruiting recommendations aren't always good fits
[Indeed.com] allows you to make good hires quickly. You can get a ton of applicants in a very short time.
My manager and I both use it to post jobs for the whole organization. It is very helpful when we run out of referrals to restock our resume options.
  • Being able to alter already posted jobs make it easy to post new positions
  • Ease of using the website
  • Pulls a lot of good talent for us
  • We are able to post jobs in certain locations
  • Customize each job posting for what we need
  • The only downside I have experienced is it being down for maintenance on a week day when needed
Indeed.com is well suited for finding resumes for job postings. It is not appropriate for higher-income jobs like a Doctor or Provider.
Alan Bloxham | TrustRadius Reviewer
As our business has begun expanding over the last year, it's been a great opportunity for us to consolidate our work applications. We can then easily communicate with applicants and schedule interviews. We really like the personalized questions we can ask for each new position.
  • Application management.
  • Location and Job Title specification.
  • On a user side, it would be nice to add more images into our job offers.
This software has worked great in expanding our client base. It's convenient to fill out and also works for referrals.
July 16, 2021

Indeed Works!

We use [Indeed.com] for recruitment. I place ads on [Indeed.com] for our company and for our property managers. It gets our job postings more visibility for more candidates. It also allows for resumes to be sent directly to the property manager that is currently hiring.
  • Sends resumes to whomever will be reviewing them
  • Advertising
  • Requisition records
  • The number of steps to post a job
[Indeed.com] is a very helpful tool for recruitment. Just about every posting receives several candidates. Whenever the candidate pool is unqualified, it is easy to add more requirements or questions to knock those candidates out. There are several options to describe what kind of job you are advertising for. It is my favorite recruitment website.
We use Indeed.com to screen candidates and look for a diamond in the rough when it comes to new employees. Unemployment is low right now and finding a good match is becoming harder and harder so the potential to find someone on any job board is worth the risk of spending time there. It is just an HR used function at our company. Very frequently we will use it to send candidates an initial note as sort of s screening to see if they are real users or are actively interested in changing their role.
  • Indeed.com is well known; thus has a very large pool of candidates.
  • With the web site being around longer than most of the other competitors, we can count on most of the features being mature and usable.
  • Standard listings are free so it allows us to casually look for someone without any expenditure.
  • They have a great desktop/mobile job alerts function which gets our jobs out to more candidates.
  • Indeed.com tends to have a lot of fake listings or listings which overstate a role and that drives some users away from using the service.
  • Indeed.com's aesthetics are a bit dated so although the web sites functions are mature they also are a bit bland....if that matters to someone.
  • They seem to try and push the sponsor (cost to you) job lists a bit strong.
Indeed.com is well suite for a small to medium business that wants to manage their own hiring but is spread thin in the HR Department. It is much cheaper than hiring a head hunting firm and allows you to run your own hiring campaigns. Companies that either do not have an HR department or have extra resources in HR can probably do their campaigns in a more efficient way than Indeed.com.
We use [Indeed.com] for all our new hiring. As a startup, we do not have an internal HR department or use a third party recruiting service. [Indeed.com] allows us to post jobs at a relatively affordable cost, have several algorithms that help weed out unqualified candidates, and it is well-known and one of the job boards of choice among the industry in the local area.
  • Quality of the candidate pool
  • Easy management of applicants
  • Screener questions and assessment testing
  • Screener questions don't automatically cut out unqualified candidates
  • Requires specific uses of words in title to show up on searches
  • Resume doesn't always automatically show up or require additional download
I would recommend [Indeed.com] to companies that are looking for entry- to mid-level employees. It has enough name recognition that candidates would check regularly during their job searches. However, the basic [Indeed.com] function is not niche-focused (e.g. jobs with highly specific function or technical skills) and one would have to weed through many candidates to find a handful of qualified ones. Therefore, I am not sure [Indeed.com] is right for companies with top level job openings or jobs that require high level skills.
April 21, 2021

Review for Indeed.com

Indeed.com is being used by our organization for talent acquisition / recruiting. It is mainly used by our Human Resources department. This business problem that it addresses is that we are able to find well qualified candidates for multiple positions. We have a large presence in our local area and using indeed helps us with building our talent pool.
  • Indeed makes using the dashboard simple to use
  • Ability to manage candidates and jobs in a easy manner
  • Increasing costs are not the greatest
  • To be placed on sponsored listing is costly
Indeed.com is good for posting jobs in multiple areas. It gets costly if you don't have a high budget because a larger companies utilize Indeed.com, so if you aren't sponsoring your jobs, your posting may not be shown to the right prospective applicant. By then, that qualified applicant could have taken another position.
We us [Indeed.com] for most of our recruiting. While it works great most of the time, I've found that people are not always honest when answering your screening questions which is not Indeed's fault. The Virtual Recruiter that is in Beta Testing still has some work to be done with giving a few more options - currently you can invite for an interview or mark as not a fit, they need to add a hold so that you can gather all the resume you like but are not ready to start to schedule interviews. I do like the curated list of applicants - that is very helpful if you ad is not getting good traction out there.

We have had really good luck with Indeed, above are my only complaints.
  • Ability to ask screening questions
  • Ability to customize the screening questions
  • Ability to set your budget for each job posted
  • The Virtual Recruiter still needs some work
  • Allow you to change the name of a template message
  • Use a candidates real email, not one that goes thru indeed with messages.
I would definitely recommend [Indeed.com], the benefits of the job board far out way the short comings. The pricing is set by you, so if you are on a tight budget then your ad might get lost further down the list of jobs but it's out there and will come up in searches.
Indeed is used to post jobs consistently.
  • Indeed is fantastic when hiring across state lines and for large-scale hiring.
  • Indeed has such broad reach due to how well known it is and ease of use for the employees who are applying for positions.
  • Indeed is free to post jobs, and we can promote the jobs for comparably a good deal to other job posting sites.
  • A lot of the same applicants apply over and over to the same job postings despite being rejected due to being unqualified for the position. This is particularly a problem when doing large-scale hires in one specific location.
  • Indeed has poor filtering and search capabilities for employers. As an employer on Indeed you deal with huge QUANTITY of applicants - which can be great but when looking for specific skillsets, it can be difficult to find the right applicants in such a large pool. For executive level positions, Indeed is not my preferred job positing site.
Indeed is absolutely the right choice when working within a budget and doing large-scale hiring for a company. Indeed is an inexpensive option and gets the job done. If you are looking for an executive-level position with specific requirements for your hire, Indeed may be more challenging to use secondary to the volume of applicants you may receive and therefore have to review.

Indeed Scorecard Summary

What is Indeed?

Indeed is a job board and job search engine, available globally.

Indeed Pricing