Vibe Review

December 19, 2014
We are using Vibe primarily for its workflow/work process abilities. It has replaced clumsy spreadsheets that can't reproduce what Vibe …

Good Vibe-rations

July 07, 2014
Novell Vibe was a huge success in replacing our intranet and introduced a solution to address several problems and wants: department …

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Micro Focus Vibe, and make your voice heard!

What is Micro Focus Vibe?

1 person want pricing too

What is Microsoft Teams?

Microsoft Teams combines video conferencing software with team collaboration tools. The communications platform allows MS Office users to conduct conference calls and share files via SharePoint, and join or initiate a group chat.

What is Discord?

Discord is an app designed to connect users with communities over voice, video, and text chat, via Discord servers, a gaming and game industry oriented app for growing communities around video games and allowing developers to communicate with their customer base; the app may yet also be used for…

What is Micro Focus Vibe?

Micro Focus Vibe Video

Vibe Desktop Introduction

Micro Focus Vibe Competitors

Micro Focus Vibe Technical Details

Micro Focus Vibe is a web-based team collaboration platform developed by Novell, and was initially released by Novell in June 2008 under the name of Novell Teaming. Novell's acquisition by Micro Focus was completed in April 2015. Vibe is a versatile collaboration solution that can serve as a knowledge repository, a document management system, a project collaboration hub, a process automation machine, or a corporate intranet. Users can upload, manage, comment on, and edit content in a secure manner. Supported content includes documents, calendars, discussion forums, wikis, blogs, tasks, and much more. Document management functionality allows for document versioning, approvals, and document lifecycle tracking. Users can download and modify pre-built custom web pages and workflows free of charge from the Vibe Resource Library.

Reviewers rate Workflow Automation and Mobile Access and Search highest, with a score of 8.

The most common users of Micro Focus Vibe are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Automotive industry.

Cori Fowler | TrustRadius Reviewer
I think the closest well known product that stacks up to Vibe is Microsoft SharePoint. But I really can't make a true comparison because when I tried SharePoint, I didn't know quite know where to start which really dissuaded me from exploring further. With SharePoint, I hear and see that it can do a lot of things, but I feel like I have to be a coder of some sort in order to know what to do. And the templates available to start from is far from what I actually need in order to be productive in my industry.

What my team migrated from was an open source platform called Projectfork. I really loved that platform, but it is easy to break. So in search from something stable, I stumbled across Vibe. It gave me the features I was accustomed to having plus the reporting, improved document versioning, easier flow of setting up users and permissions, and push notifications.
Rob Zweistra | TrustRadius Reviewer

As SharePoint is the Microsoft version of this tool it is fair to use it for comparison. The one thing Microsoft has as an advantage is that it is a Microsoft product hence it looks and feels familiar instantly and getting it up and running is fairly easy. The price however is a different matter.

Also I am looking at WordPress at the moment this gives me an opportunity to build a similar site and with the help of some plugins I can make it a share your documents, tasks and more site. Advantage is that WordPress is free, it is installed in minutes and with the correct themes I have it up and running in the business within days. Also the learning curve for me is flat I don't need to learn as much as with Novell Vibe to get the results I want. Does it work with Outlook and GroupWise ? Maybe!

July 07, 2014

Good Vibe-rations

We are a mixed shop (Microsoft and Novell). We had the entire Novell suite and realized Novell Vibe was included. After meeting with Novell and learning what Vibe had to offer for collaboration and application integration, and since we wouldn't incur have any additional costs, we decided to try it before looking at other solutions. We are happy with our decision.