Patriot Software Reviews

Andy Leiterman | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Recommend

Patriot Software works best for practices looking to start offering payroll to small clients. You can upgrade to have your payroll taxes filed for an additional monthly charge, however, reporting makes it pretty simple to file on your own.
Read Andy Leiterman's full review
Stephanie Majeran | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Recommend

This is the cheapest, most user-friendly tool for very small businesses, think less than 10 employees, or even smaller honestly. It is not going to help you schedule hourly employees or easily track PTO, holiday pay, etc. But it is excellent for one-person S corps as it is very easy to adjust salary any time you need to! In the two years that I have used it, I feel it has continued to improve in function and customer support.
Read Stephanie Majeran's full review
November 21, 2019

Payroll made easy!

Likelihood to Recommend

Patriot software helps me, as sole employee, simplify payroll each month. Its easy-to-use interface helps me process payroll quickly. I am able to track periodic tax filings and save them for my records directly from their site.
Matthew Poirier | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Recommend

I think it would be awesome for multiple employees but it still suits me. I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to taxes and government entities nor do I want to learn about it. It allows me to be a lawyer and focus on my cases. I will continue using it indefinitely but I wish it was like $20/month.
Read Matthew Poirier's full review
Jake Douglas | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 09, 2018

Patriot PAY is a Gem

Likelihood to Recommend

Patriot PAY is well-suited to a company that has a 10-day window between the end of the pay period and the payday. The company size makes very little difference and it is easy to use for any company. It is also very progressive in development and improvement. If a company has a small window for turn-around, but fairly consistent payroll amounts (such as a lot of salary workers), Patriot PAY might also be a good fit for them.

Companies with tight turn-around times or payrolls that vary significantly in direct deposit amounts might have difficulty using Patriot PAY.
Read Jake Douglas's full review
Shannon Bronico | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Recommend

Patriot is well suited for an office with a small staff without complicated tax issues to manage. My office had 2 employees: one full-time and one part-time. There were no 1099's issued, and no special tax exemptions or other special tax situations for employees. The owner was a sole proprietor, so she was not paid as an employee through Patriot. It was easy to quickly run simple payroll tasks on a bi-weekly basis in my situation.

However, I believe a more complex situation with more employees would still be suitable for this software if there was an employee dedicated to performing payroll and human resources tasks. Information must be manually entered each payroll period and submitted before 8pm to process at the scheduled pay date, so if there was not a dedicated employee for the task, it would be easy to end up paying employees a business-day late.

I know that Patriot offers add-on services for human resource tasks, such as time sheets and tools to manage sick days, benefits, and record employee attendance. I did not require these extra services, but I like that Patriot offers services a la carte so that there is no need to pay for tools you do not need.
Read Shannon Bronico's full review
Jason Moore, L.Ac. | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Recommend

Patriot PAY is well suited for any business that has payroll needs. As I run a small business (1 employee), I know that it is very well suited for me and my needs. I do not know how it may be suited for a larger business with many employees (their new price structure includes a per employee per month fee in addition to the monthly cost) but for a small business such as mine it is very economical and a great software. I am very happy with their service.
Read Jason Moore, L.Ac.'s full review
Nathan Kung | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Recommend

Patriot PAY is perfect for the small business that does not want to hire or pay for expensive payroll services. This is exactly why we use the software and it works very well for all of our payroll needs.
Read Nathan Kung's full review

Patriot Software Scorecard Summary

Pay calculation (6)
9.8
Support for external payroll vendors (1)
Benefit plan administration (1)
Direct deposit files (4)
Salary revision and increment management (5)
Reimbursement management (2)

About Patriot Software

Patriot Software headquartered in Canton, Ohio offers Patriot PAY, their benefits administration and payroll software.