SurePayroll offers an online payroll service that lets small business owners run payroll anywhere, anytime. The vendor automatically pays and files federal, state and local payroll taxes.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/OC/gJ/OQOIEU4XVXCN.jpegSurePayroll is the best, hands down!We use SurePayroll to run payroll for our entire company. It handles payroll, tax withholding, 1099 payments and W2s.,Super easy interface - honestly running payroll couldn't be easier on their site. Incredible customer service - VERY knowledgeable, professional and friendly. They will walk you through anything you need to do on the site and understand payroll, tax and benefit issues. Tax filing and payments and year-end paperwork for 1099 contractors and W-2s. They make it so easy.,Truthfully, I don't see how SurePayroll could be better - I honestly have no complaints.,10,They have saved us ton of money over more expensive payroll services. They've kept up us from getting in trouble with regulatory issues by always filing on time and accurately!,FreshBooks, StripeSurePayroll ... near-perfect for small business!I use SurePayroll as an end to end payroll processor and tax collection/payment system. Between client projects and business development, I have limited time for a lot of the important administrative things ... like filing and paying my quarterly taxes and keeping abreast of changes to various federal and state employment laws. SurePayroll handles it so I can focus on other stuff.,Filing and paying quarterly taxes Payroll, soup-to-nuts Employee self-service,My chief complaint is the software sometimes requires me to have a code sent to my phone before I can continue with some process. That in itself is fine. The problem is the check box that lets SurePayroll remember the computer doesn't actually do that. I select that check box every time, but the software doesn't remember me or my computer. Fees have creeped higher every year over the last two or three years. I feel like I'm nitpicking here, though. What I spend for the service is reasonably priced for the amount of headaches it prevents. I have a case where an employee is sometimes salaried and sometimes contract. There's not a way to handle that without terminating him when he needs to switch.,9,I don't have any hard numbers for this. I have fewer headaches where this stuff is concerned and that's enough to keep me using it.SurePayroll in a nut shellI use SurePayroll for our bi-weekly payroll and for producing end of year W-2s. It allows me to track our 401Ks, our payroll taxes, bonus payments, and much of our employee personal data. It is the only payroll program used by our company.,Customer support is very helpful when I need to write an additional check or again recently when we hired an intern from India. The program is very intuitive so I am able to walk someone else through it if I am on vacation. Surepayroll sends me emails to remind me of employees' birthdates, which is a nice added bonus.,If I made a mistake on the payroll and realized it just a minute after approving, it's usually too late to go back and correct. However, customer support is helpful in showing me how to make corrections after the fact.,10,I have worked with other payroll systems and this seems to be the most efficient, stress free way to handle this possibly tedious job. It saves time because it is simple.,QuickBooks Online,Microsoft Office 365, Priority AccountEdgeSurePayroll worth every penny for small businesses.I chose SurePayroll over ADP and Paychex because it was simple to use and was affiliated with Paychex overall. Their pricing was the best for the types of services included in the costs. The user interface is simple and I love that I can process payroll on a cell phone if I'm out of office. It's easy to setup new employee's and run reports. This isn't a complicated setup, but for basic payrolls and smaller straightforward organizations this service can't be beat! I made the right decision, and support on tax issues has been above expectations. They take care of everything and are great at followthrough. In addition, if I need help, I like that I can get someone on the phone with ease. I highly recommend.,Simple reporting Ease of user interface Features included in the price.,I truly don't have any at this time.,10,We don't waste time dealing with payroll tax issues. We have peace of mind knowing our information is right and if it isn't it will be taken care of. We don't spend unnecessary time on processing payroll. Direct deposit is a must-have for all employees.,QuickBooks ProSurePayroll vs. PaychexWe used SurePayroll as a payroll services provider, to ensure we complied with all federal and state tax regulations.,Easy to use interface. Low cost for companies on a budget. Helpful customer service.,Complying with state regulations (major issue). Interfacing with accountants. Communicating with state tax offices.,5,Positive: Ensured that our federal taxes were paid appropriately. Positive: Responsive customer service team. Negative: Caused issues that required correction and a substantial time commitment to work together with the Rhode Island Department of Taxation to fix their errors.,Paychex Flex
SurePayroll

SurePayroll Reviews<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

SurePayroll
Filter 18 vetted SurePayroll reviews and ratings
Coby Pfaff profile photo
October 29, 2018

User Review: "SurePayroll is the best, hands down!"

• Super easy interface - honestly running payroll couldn't be easier on their site.
  • Incredible customer service - VERY knowledgeable, professional and friendly. They will walk you through anything you need to do on the site and understand payroll, tax and benefit issues.
  • Tax filing and payments and year-end paperwork for 1099 contractors and W-2s. They make it so easy.
  • Truthfully, I don't see how SurePayroll could be better - I honestly have no complaints.
Really great for small to medium-sized businesses. Affordable and easy enough for a non-HR person to run.
Read Coby Pfaff's full review
Rob Siders profile photo
October 25, 2018

Review: "SurePayroll ... near-perfect for small business!"

• Filing and paying quarterly taxes
  • Payroll, soup-to-nuts
  • Employee self-service
  • My chief complaint is the software sometimes requires me to have a code sent to my phone before I can continue with some process. That in itself is fine. The problem is the check box that lets SurePayroll remember the computer doesn't actually do that. I select that check box every time, but the software doesn't remember me or my computer.
  • Fees have creeped higher every year over the last two or three years. I feel like I'm nitpicking here, though. What I spend for the service is reasonably priced for the amount of headaches it prevents.
  • I have a case where an employee is sometimes salaried and sometimes contract. There's not a way to handle that without terminating him when he needs to switch.
SurePayroll is a near-perfect way for small business owners, who often handle many roles, to stay on top of all things payroll. I even recommend it for single-member LLCs, as paying yourself on the regular---and making sure taxes get handled---can be tough. SurePayroll eliminates a lot of the administrative stress that comes with the territory.
Read Rob Siders's full review
Marcie Kleiman profile photo
August 03, 2018

User Review: "SurePayroll in a nut shell"

• Customer support is very helpful when I need to write an additional check or again recently when we hired an intern from India.
  • The program is very intuitive so I am able to walk someone else through it if I am on vacation.
  • Surepayroll sends me emails to remind me of employees' birthdates, which is a nice added bonus.
  • If I made a mistake on the payroll and realized it just a minute after approving, it's usually too late to go back and correct. However, customer support is helpful in showing me how to make corrections after the fact.
We are a small company with only 13-20 employees at one time, and SurePayroll has been a perfect fit for us. There is a bit of turnover with our laborers and it is easy to add and delete employees, and there is always a reminder to get all the right paperwork for each employee (W-4, I-9).
When payday rolls around, I usually only have to enter each employees hours worked and the rest is taken care of.
Read Marcie Kleiman's full review
Candace Fuller profile photo
August 01, 2018

Review: "SurePayroll worth every penny for small businesses."

• Simple reporting
  • Ease of user interface
  • Features included in the price.
  • I truly don't have any at this time.
Well suited for small companies with straightforward payrolls. Also nice if you have 1099 employees you need to pay as well. Does employee reimbursements with ease.
Read Candace Fuller's full review
Staff Sheehan profile photo
August 01, 2018

User Review: "SurePayroll vs. Paychex"

• Easy to use interface.
  • Low cost for companies on a budget.
  • Helpful customer service.
  • Complying with state regulations (major issue).
  • Interfacing with accountants.
  • Communicating with state tax offices.
SurePayroll is best suited for small businesses with a small number of employees, that are in a well-populated state that SurePayroll has experience working in. In smaller states, such as Rhode Island, my experience with SurePayroll was that that they were not communicative and did not work well with the state's Department of Taxation. After repeated errors, I had to travel to the RI Department of Taxation myself and write out checks to correct errors that SurePayroll had made, and switched to Paychex (their slightly more expensive parent company).
Read Staff Sheehan's full review
Daniel Lieber profile photo
August 01, 2018

User Review: "SurePayroll works well for SMB"

SurePayroll is our payroll service. We use it to process payroll for all of our employees (W-2) and payments to our recurring contractors (1099). The service is very automated and allows us to process payroll in a few minutes at an affordable price point that beats everyone else in the market. We do not use their 401(k) services and outsource that to another firm. They also process quarterly and year-end payroll related filings.
  • Process payroll quickly. The interface works well and is quite consistent.
  • Accept responsibility for occasional, rare errors. When we've had issues with the tax services, they have had direct discussions with the taxing authorities and resolved the issue without us having to get further involved or pay penalties.
  • Allow for additional payment types. We have S-corp health insurance and they accommodate the payments well for tax purposes.
  • The interface could use more permanent recurring payment types (e.g. S-corp health insurance)
SurePayroll works really well if the employees are willing to do direct deposit and the company is willing to outsource payroll entirely. If manual checks are involved, it works ok, but requires coordination. If international employees are involved, it gets tricky.
Read Daniel Lieber's full review
Kimberlee Micolo profile photo
August 01, 2018

SurePayroll Review: "Easy Payroll Processing"

SurePayroll is used to process all payroll for our company. SurePayroll is easy to use from any device (phone, tablet, desktop,) letting me process payroll no matter where I am. They submit all withholding taxes and reports, making sure we are always compliant with all requirements. SurePayroll is a great service for small businesses.
  • Easy access to reports
  • Easy processing of payroll
  • HR compliance material
  • When logging in, I am often sent a code to my phone that I have to input into the website. I find this time consuming and annoying.
Surepayroll is great for someone that is not always in the office. I can process payroll from a tablet or my phone.

Read Kimberlee Micolo's full review
August 01, 2018

Review: "SurePayroll is great when there are no issues to resolve."

Our real estate firm specializes in new construction in Denver, Colorado. We use SurePayroll to process our payroll.
  • Automated payroll processing
  • Keeping up to date with payroll tax codes
  • Processing payroll quickly
  • We've had several issues with SurePayroll not reporting correctly to our state government. These issues have taken months to resolve, and I'm not confident the issues have been completely resolved. Through the process, SurePayroll's representatives have always been polite, professional and courteous.
SurePayroll is well suited to processing payroll for companies who have contractors and employees who are paid on regular schedules. It is not set up for commission based contractors or contractors who get paid at random intervals.
August 08, 2018

User Review: "SurePayroll is great for a nanny!"

It is not used by my organization. I was using it independently to pay my nanny. It solved a business problem for me in that it took all of the work out of paying taxes/withholding to my daycare provider. It made it very easy for me to use without having to think too hard!
  • It provided me with reminders as far as timing/deadlines.
  • It took care of all calculations.
  • It took care of tax time reporting.
  • Perhaps some quick checklist of what to do at tax time. That seemed confusing as to what SurePayroll was doing vs. my responsibility.
Great for independent person looking to pay a nanny/daycare provider without adding a huge cost to my bottom line.
August 03, 2018

User Review: "SurePayroll For Sure!"

We use SurePayroll to pay our single employee who is the main owner of the company. It solves our problems by calculating the taxes owed and making sure the payment is processed and goes through on time every 2 weeks. It has been simple to use and has done exactly what we needed it to.
  • I like that you can process payments early. So I usually check in once a month and take care of a few payments ahead.
  • SurePayroll breaks down the numbers each time and shows you exactly where the companies money is going.
  • It is very user friendly. Easy to navigate through the website and a speedy process to make sure payroll is approved.
  • Reminder emails for the payments need to be approved are very appreciated.
  • I don't like that you have to log out of the system and log back in to approve payments ahead of time. After approving one, there should be a button that says "approve the next payment."
SurePayroll works well for our small business. Not sure how it would work for a larger business, but it is simple and effective for what we need.
August 01, 2018

SurePayroll Review: "Easy and affordable to use but not for short term Nanny Payroll"

I use SurePayroll for Nanny Payroll services and tax preparation. It is used by me and my wife to manage Nanny Payroll.
  • Payroll is easy to do
  • They do tax preparation, so no more manual maintenance of pay stubs, etc.
  • Monthly cost is affordable
  • They should have a customized nanny package
  • They should also have short-term quarterly package
  • App is not that easy to navigate
SurePayroll is well-suited for small to mid size organization for payroll services and tax preparation.
It is not suited for Nanny Payroll, as we are bound to one-year payment even though we only used the service for a few months

Pay calculation (2)
Direct deposit files (2)
9.5
Salary revision and increment management (2)
Reimbursement management (1)