Reviews (1-4 of 4)
October 22, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
Two departments in my organization use Qgiv - our Development Department and our Education Outreach Department. We use it to process our recurring, monthly donations because Blackbaud (our CRM) does not have the ability to automatically charge recurring gift. Having Qgiv allows us to have a strong monthly donor base, something that is very important to have when fundraising for a nonprofit. Our Education Department uses Qgiv to create "events" for all their workshops - it's where they process sign-ups and fees for attending. It works great for them!
- Events - It is easy to create simple events and manage them from Qgiv - there is a lot of flexibility in managing membership, tickets, special fields on the form, and managing receipts - very intuitive.
- Donation forms - Qgiv's form builder for an online donation page is very easy to use and easily manipulated. We manage over $5,000 a year in donations via Qgiv. Not a ton compared to our full budget, but Qgiv does what our other donation processing software can not.
- Customer Service - Qgiv's customer service is AMAZING. They answer my questions promptly and really make me feel like I'm valued as a customer.
- The Qgiv integration with Blackbaud is still pretty clunky and should be built out more.
- Qgiv's ability to work with WordPress is sometimes problematic - nothing major has happened, but we have to troubleshoot occasionally because widgets are not displaying correctly on our website, which is a WordPress website.
Read Emma Andelson's full review
Since Qgiv isn't a CRM, it has limitations in that respect, but I wouldn't recommend using Qgiv if you don't already have CRM. It can't store anything in terms of donor information and queries and lists would be pretty limited for something like that. Definitely use Qgiv to process donations and event registrations.
August 08, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
Qgiv is being used by our organization for peer-to-peer fundraising for our major Bowl For Kids' Sake event. Our organization also uses Qgiv to process individual donations for our special event fundraisers. The software is used primarily in our Marketing department and has helped streamline our online donor experience and the tracking of donors.
- User-friendly widgets and tools to customize donation pages to your website make Qgiv user-friendly and easy to navigate as a donor.
- The Peer to Peer fundraising tool is by far one of the best features of the software and the ability to track donations by an event.
- Customer service also really is amazing. When you call for help you are guaranteed to get a real person and not an automatic voicemail system.
- I would like to see the statistics and donor information expanded for reporting purposes to our board and department heads.
- It would also be nice to see how Qgiv can integrate more into the social media networks.
- Lastly, the cost for the mobile payment system is pretty high and needs to come down in price.
Read Marcus Madison's full review
Qgiv is great for small businesses or large companies that are looking for a user-friendly software to use to process donations, sale items or simply use a tool for peer-to-peer fundraising. The customer is by far the best service I have ever received and the baseline data is easy to export for donor cultivation purposes.
August 04, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
We use Qgiv for:
- online fundraising
- event management (ticket sales, etc)
- merchandise and other sales
- Great donor/user interface, very appealing and intuitive
- Excellent reporting on transactions
- Strong customer service
- The integration with Exceed Beyond has been VERY challenging. I think I have pushed both Qgiv and Exceed Beyond to their functional limits. The learning curve for getting integrated and getting up and running was steep - and I am usually a quick study with these things.
- There are little things, like the fact that at one point I noticed the address field for the donor's state didn't allow for abbreviations, but rather spelled out the entire state name. If this is being directly imported into our database and then later exported into a mailing list, I knew the post office wouldn't be happy. Plus, for a mail merge, who uses the whole state name? It's just weird. The response I got to this complaint was essentially, "thanks, we'll add it to the list of things we'll think about."
- There's no way to accept payments offline like you can do with Square. Not sure what this functionality would require, but it would sure be helpful when we are in a dead zone.
Read Esther Landau, CFRE's full review
I think our scenario is a good one for Qgiv as long as you don't expect the world. I learned a great deal about the challenges of integration, like that this tech is very literal and requires precise matching or it won't work. As a tool of its own, it's really strong. If you are looking for a real-time giving thermometer, this still isn't your best bet - they have updated it to where it will refresh every minute, but if you are doing in-the-moment text-to-pledge during your Fund a Need at an event, it's not set up (yet) to do that.
July 18, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
Qgiv helps us with our fundraisers. We nearly doubled our income at our winter fundraiser. Part of that was more work on our end and some experience, but a HUGE part of that was the online presence we added and the Peer-to-Peer fundraising platform they helped us create. And when I say helped us create, really what I mean is, they created it with instruction from me - I got to watch them build it on my screen while on the phone with the guy doing all the work. It helped us communicate our mission and our goal for this fundraiser and it was VERY successful.
- Qgiv has a great service but the BEST part is the CUSTOMER SERVICE. Their staff is knowledgeable, helpful and when you are reaching out to them - they treat you like you are their only customer. I've NEVER had to wait more than a few hours to get the help I've requested.
- Their system WORKS when you do. We almost doubled our Bowl For Kid's Sake from 2017 to 2018. There were two differences. The first was, we had some experience (a year before was all the staff's first one - our board had experience and helped a ton) and the second was our online peer-to-peer fundraising through Qgiv. The best part is, we already have a strong base for 2019's Bowl because Qgiv captured all that information.
- Met Jack at the National Conference (BBBS) and told him how much I loved their product. We talked, became friends and have stayed in contact. I shared with him something I was doing here to raise money. A few weeks later he called me and asked if I had time to visit. He sent me a link - we got on the phone and the computer together and he had put together a presentation showing me how he thought we could potentially double the money we were hoping to raise. I didn't even KNOW to ask for it!
- I don't have any suggestions here - they treated me like royalty - anything I didn't understand they walked me through and when I forgot it the next time and had to ask again - they acted like that was common - putting me at ease to call them back any and every time I need them.
Read Greg Spink's full review
They don't just help when we ask them to, they are familiar with us and what we do and are constantly reaching out to us with ideas, suggestions and helping us increase our donations! They are AWESOME!
Qgiv Scorecard Summary
Qgiv in Florida offers a nonprofit fundraising platform supporting online event registration, handheld kiosks for collecting credit card donations, support for peer-to-peer donations, and other fundraising tools.
Categories: Nonprofit Fundraising
Qgiv Technical Details