ScaleFactor

One of our strongest partners for 3+ years.

September 06, 2019

Bank reconciliation (5)

Expense management (5)

Dashboards (5)

9.4

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of ScaleFactor, and make your voice heard!

What is ScaleFactor?

Austin-based ScaleFactor provides their small business accounting automation platform designed to combine software and expert assistance to SMBs and remove concern for financial, tax and accounting challenges.

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://scalefactor.com/pricing

What is QuickBooks Online?

QuickBooks Online is a SaaS version of the QuickBooks product. It contains all of the features found in the local version. Higher-priced plans include greater automation, payment management, inventory and time tracking, and analytics features.

What is MIP Fund Accounting?

MIP Fund Accounting™ is a configurable fund accounting solution. The solution includes functionality for fund accounting, procurement, budgeting, payroll, human resources, timekeeping, fixed asset management, grant management, and dashboards for nonprofits and government agencies.

Customization

Security

Reporting & Analytics

9.6

General Ledger and Configurable Accounting

9.4

Inventory Management

What is ScaleFactor?

ScaleFactor aims to change the way modern businesses operate by automating complex bookkeeping tasks and translating financial information into usable business insights. As a result, the vendor says they are enabling business owners, managers, and entrepreneurs to focus on what they love: running and growing their business.

The vendor's value proposition is that ScaleFactor is the only back office provider creating a holistic business OS that allows users to manage all of their business financials in one place. Additionally the vendor says ScaleFactor's software gives users access to real-time financial information any time.

ScaleFactor Features

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported LanguagesEnglish

Compare with

What is ScaleFactor?

What are ScaleFactor's top competitors?

inDinero are common alternatives for ScaleFactor.

What is ScaleFactor's best feature?

Reviewers rate Accounts payable and Electronic tax filing and Standardized Processes highest, with a score of 10.

Who uses ScaleFactor?

The most common users of ScaleFactor are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Apparel & Fashion industry.

My company outsources a lot of accounting work, we do not have the resources to handle the work in-house and need to be flexible with our accounting and finance needs. ScaleFactor has been able to accommodate our needs and modify their ways of working to fit our organization. Their staff is very knowledgeable and willing to work with our accounting and finance staff to help tailor a solution to our business needs. My company has been using ScaleFactor for over a year, and I have been very pleased with the results.
  • ScaleFactor has been a great resource for me as I got my business off the ground. They have allowed me to focus on marketing and strategy while they handle my Quickbooks and other accounting needs. Great accounting and finance solutions that don't require you to hire an in-house staff
  • Presenting data clearly.
  • Chatbot not working well.
ScaleFactor is a great option for small businesses looking for an outsourced bookkeeper for their accounting needs. I have been working with ScaleFactor for several months and am very happy with them. I was referred to Scalefactor by another business owner I know who has worked with them for over a year and is still very happy with their services. ScaleFactor is very flexible in crafting ways of working to fit your organization. Not a "one size fits all" approach. Able to tailor your specific accounting and finance solution.
The chat bot needs to improve.
I use Scale factor for my own LTD company, I use it as an addon / plugin to Xero. It helps simplify and speed up the whole process from managing invoices to filing VAT and corporation Tax. It connects to all my bank accounts bar Kent reliance for some reason super speeding up importing statements.
  • Connecting accounts, makes sure statements are always up to date.
  • Bulk transactions automatically matched for accounting purposes
  • helps keep on top of VAT so there isn't the mad panic every quarter
  • Could connect with All saving accounts i.e. Building society saving aswell as major banks.
  • When a connected bank or savings account hasn't been used for a month or 2 it could show a 0 transaction to keep it updated rather then saying "last updated 3 months ago"
Scale factor helped my own LTD company though the making tax digital. Not sure it is still available but as an addon to Xero it was greatly helpful.
Not sure if support is still available.
Kelly Graves | TrustRadius Reviewer
Utilizing it has an outsourced bookkeeping services as well as integrator of various platforms such as Gusto, Expensify, Bill.com, and QuickBooks Online.

It supports my need for advanced accounting and QuickBooks software knowledge. Typically an in-house bookkeeper has solid knowledge of either accounting or QuickBooks Online, rarely both. Add in the various other platforms being used and I highly doubt I would find an employee capable of working with all systems while maintaining accounting standards.
  • Advanced cloud based systems integration. Able to link up credit cards, banks, expense management 3rd party systems, payroll, etc.
  • Flexible in crafting ways-of-working to fit your organization. Not a "one size fits all" approach. Able to tailor your specific accounting and finance solution.
  • On-boarding was a bit rocky at first. Our company accounting practices needed some refinement in that they were a bit onerous. This led to some false starts as we worked with the ScaleFactor team to improve our internal processes and reduce the recurrence of custom QuickBooks accounting.
  • Software works great with top to mid tier financial institutions. Though lower tier or less advanced financial institutions can be problematic in their ability to port data into ScaleFactor. Not really a ScaleFactor issue, just a call out.
I work with several businesses and have attempted to bring ScaleFactor into multiple. Thus far the business status/environment has been suitable for ScaleFactor only once, but I'll continue to look for more.

ScaleFactor is great when a company has matured beyond the owner making all accounting and banking entries. As soon as multiple systems are needed, it's likely a decent time to call ScaleFactor. I'm confident my operations could run through ScaleFactor for a long time as the next step for us would be something akin to NetSuite or some other more rigid enterprise solution.

Additionally, our business has a geographically displaced work force, typically working from home. Having access to all systems via the cloud has been great. No longer do we have to pass a specific computer back and forth for a physical computer software license. It's enabled maximum work flow convenience.
Across the whole organization. They function as our out-sourced bookkeeping, tax, and Financial department. It allows us to access talented experts as a fraction of what it would cost us to bring this expertise and work output in-house.
  • Delivering accurate financials quickly at the close of each month.
  • Getting small business's organized and set up for success.
  • Providing infrastructure and support at a fraction of the price of in-house talent.
  • Need to make sure they strike a balance between automation and hands on service.
They are great at being an out-sourced solution for small business's that can't afford in house people to handle all of the functions that are needed, in addition to being a financial sounding board for small business's that are learning as they go. For larger organizations, they can slow the need to hire as many full-time people to help with scaling the business and re-direct those resources to other areas.
Bookkeeping, sales analysis, and CPA for the entire organization.
  • Presenting data clearly with visual aids that are easy to read, modern and attractive.
  • One place for all my information, instead of looking at Quickbooks, sales analysis and reports in three different places.
  • Seems to be a constant turnover in my team at ScaleFactor, which means a lot of explaining what our business does and needs again and again. And that means a lot of emails, disorganization and phone calls (Taking my time).
  • Chatbot doesn't seem to work well. Never answers the questions I'm in need of for a quick answer!
Suited for medium to large companies in need of bookkeeping and a CPA.