Love the product
December 06, 2019
Love the product
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery
Commvault is used across the entire organization. Provides a backup and recovery solution that meets all federal guidelines and requirements for FedRamp. It is used to backup file data, as an integrated solution to backup mail in Office365, as a site recovery solution to move systems between multiple clouds, and the full imaging of systems.
- Point in time recovery of SQL databases.
- Integration into multiple clouds for single pane management.
- Encryption for endpoints using SaaS cloud offerings.
- Simple archiving of data to long term storage.
- End user self service data restore.
- Licensing model is somewhat difficult to understand and estimate when deploying solution.
- Legacy protocols for SaaS integrations still in place. Slow to upgrade.
- Not cost efficient when compared to cloud integrated backup solutions.
- There does not seem to be an offering for small companies or small deployments. Wish there was a light version for smaller clients. Wish there was a solution generator tool instead of a lengthy sales process for each new feature deployment.
- It met the requirements for CMMI certification objectives to help win new business
- It lowered the expense of loss productivity from data loss.
- It has narrowed the focus or profile of potential customers to large.
In general, Commvault has been a bit slow to solve the issues that I have presented. The overall response times and avenues for support are excellent. But, the timeframe from reporting the issue to resolving the issue has been longer than some other products I am familiar with.
Do you think Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery's feature set?
Did Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery go as expected?
Would you buy Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery again?
My organization uses multiple cloud offering in both the commercial and government cloud offerings. We also run a hybrid deployment solution that has to burst resources into the cloud. Have one product that can support all three has made backup and recovery of the platforms consistent, stable, flexible, and scalable for all of our projects.
Office365 offers short term mail retention for files and mail. But, for the long term and indexed storage and backup of data for legal, compliance, and security needs, Commvault offered the best solution for us to be able to comply with Federal requirements and standards.
Luckily, the organization has not been affected by ransomware or malware attacks. Many attempts have been made, but we have been successful in fending them off.
I wish there was a more lengthy or detailed answer. But simply put, Commvault allows us to store, restore, archive, and recover data with complete control. This allows us to meet and often exceed SLAs.
In my experience, Commvault is best designed for large enterprises with sparse or segmented data deployments. If all of your data is similar, and sitting in one data center or cloud storage solution, it isn't cost-effective. In a word, overkill. I had a client that was looking for a backup solution for unstructured data in separate and air-gapped data sources. My cCmmvault rep could not offer a solution that was cost-effective and did not require multiple copies of the data, so storage made the solution nonscalable or cost-effective.