Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Eloqua
- Strong user community.
- Consistent development schedule (bugs and feature enhancements happen regularly).
- Strong developer community (there are cloud connectors that do almost everything).
- E10 Focused on making things easier for the non-technical user but made some things harder for the technical user (compared to E9). Ex: form layouts are now separate from the form.
- In the HTML editor they have added the code view pane but clicking in the WYSIWYG does not take you to that piece of the code. It should work similarly to Dreamweaver.
- I can't toggle between two things at once. For example, if I'm working in an email and need to check something in a landing page I should be able to open the landing page in a new window or toggle some how. I would love it it worked similarly to a browser window where I could have multile tabs open at once and easily go back and forth.
- Increased efficiency: although it takes more work at the beginning of a campaign, once it's set up and running I can move on to focus on something else.
- Improved innovation: the various cloud connectors have helped me to be more innovative. I have built entire campaigns around functionality that I discovered through one of the cloud connectors.
- Right message/right time: Eloqua has allowed me to go beyond the 'spray and pray' approach of putting out a generic message. I can now easily personalize my communications and my follow up generating more qualified leads.
I highly recommend having a person (or team) depending on the size of the organization dedicated to managing the system. Someone needs to own the cleanliness of the data, the consistency of how things are set up, the frequency of emails going out etc. It is difficult for that to be just a part of someone's job. I also suggest taking advantage of the plethora of resources available. Eloqua has a strong user community and tons of resources to help customers be successful. Use them!
Using Oracle Eloqua
My division started using Eloqua 3 years ago. This past October we just consolidated 11 instances into one unified instance being leveraged across North America. We are in it for the long haul.