Good function, very usable, low pricehttps://www.trustradius.com/all-in-one-marketingMailchimpUnspecified8.316691012015-11-16T15:11:33.058Z
November 16, 2015
Good function, very usable, low price
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with MailChimp
We use MailChimp to distribute newsletters to subscribers to our online community. Also use for event marketing and notifications (e.g. webinar). Implemented 4 years ago and have been very happy with the cost, usability and function.
- Very affordable. Especially considering the functionality, a great deal.
- Easy to use. The basics are handled without difficulty.
- Good function. Not the most sophisticated email system we've ever used, but missing functions are rare and we've implemented workarounds.
- Segmentation is one area where MailChimp has room for improvement. Basic segmentation is done well, but complex segments (combination of ands and ors) have be created manually and then uploaded as a static segment.
- MailChimp takes a very hard line on spam complaints. This is generally good because it ensures a 'clean' signup process. But opt-in subscribers sometimes forget they signed up and complain anyway. If this surpasses a threshold (fairly low, in my opinion) you could end up with your account suspended until you explain what happened. While I understand the need to enforce quality, this is a draconian approach that puts my business at risk.
- The main impact has been lowering costs. We have to run a hyper efficient operation, and MailChimp cuts our annual email delivery costs by 75% over a previous enterprise class product.
- Ease of use has also been helpful. People of my staff can use MailChimp with very little training. Our previous product was much too technical.
MailChimp is clearly geared towards small businesses and email newsletter publishers. With a little creativity it can be used in a lead generation process (we do so in combination with a forms system called Formstack). They recently announced a more full featured marketing automation product, but I have not reviewed or attempted to use.
Mailchimp Feature Ratings
Yes - We phased MailChimp in pretty rapidly. Imported subscribers (after exporting from previous system), then set up some test campaigns. All went well, so we implemented fully and never looked back.
Change management was minimal - If you have existing templates, the change process should be easy. If you're creating emails from scratch then allow plenty of time to learn how to use the designer.
We were able to use if from "day one" without any training. I think enterprise software vendors could learn a thing or two about design by studying MailChimp.
Like to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Setting up 'campaigns' is easy if you're using a template (we do). Copy a previous campaign, edit, and send.
- Simple segmentation is very easy and intuitive.
- Reporting is easy and provide what we need to understand how different emails are performing.