SentryOne is an Awesome Producthttps://www.trustradius.com/sql-performance-monitoringSQL SentryUnspecified9.71361012018-10-09T17:24:01.351Z
October 09, 2018
SentryOne is an Awesome Product
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with SQL Sentry
We use SentryOne in our production (over 120 Instance worldwide and growing). It gives us an easy way to navigate the dashboard to quickly identify a performance problem and the ability to drill into the issue quickly and come up with a game plan to address the performance problem.
- Alerting is very flexible and configurable to our needs
- Linking alerting into third party alerting tools via PowerShell was easy
- Collecting and rolling up SQL statements make it much easier to troubleshoot performance problems
- Drilling into PLE and what’s happening when it drops out
- Ease of drilling into time-frame to figure out what was the issue at that time
- Being able to query the SentryOne database for management reports is awesome (Deadlocks and Blocking)
- Navigation could be improved. It can be hard to follow if you are new to the tool
- Calendar of events could use some work. Display can be confusing at times
- Reports are good but could use some improvement. For example, maybe show Friendly Name.
One time we deployed a new feature to our product, and it was causing over 88,000 plus long running queries over 2 seconds (in a one-day period) and we found the root cause to the issue in minutes. It turns out it was a missing indexing. So, to have a tool like SentryOne to help us identify this issue was great, and resolving the client’s issue within minutes of the performance problem was amazing.
It’s great for a DBA to have a tool like SentryOne. To be able to troubleshoot our production environment and come up with a root cause to a performance issue in very little time is awesome. Being able to drill into an instance and see what happened yesterday when a user walks up to our desk and tells us the instance was slow yesterday and they want to know what was going on.