Updated August 05, 2021
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with UKG Pro
Implemented as HRIS system that is being used at corporate level and all subsidiary companies. Subscription to this product helps us handle onboarding and payroll process much more efficiently as well as provide uniform method to track and administer employee benefits.
- Integration of the various modules of their product has been done very well. Availability of options for timekeeping, performance reviews, and benefits administration work very well together.
- Availability of live support resources that we can speak to through their Rapid Response case submission process has been very helpful. There are also a wealth of support resources available online.
- Business Intelligence resource for obtaining existing standard and customized reports is also very powerful.
- Could have better option available for reviewing historical employee information like previous address or contact information.
- When description is updated for benefit deduction code for new period, the new description applies to all previous records associated with the updated benefit deduction code.
- Allow uniform tracking and administration of employees, payroll, benefits, and tax obligations.
- Facilitate implementation of uniform employee administration policies at the corporate level while still providing each organization the versatility to meet the needs of their organizations.
- Manage HR activities from a single platform.
As a web-based application, the main Core platform has proven to be very reliable and available when needed to be accessed. Service issues have sometimes been experienced with Recruiting platform, but messages are provided informing us of technical issue being addressed and communication is provided at regular intervals to let us know if trouble is continuing or if issue has been resolved.
Excellent support resources online and with ability to receive one on one assistance with a representative.
Do you think UKG Pro delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with UKG Pro's feature set?
Did UKG Pro live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of UKG Pro go as expected?
Would you buy UKG Pro again?
For distribution of 2020 ACA reporting information, was able to receive a call back from a representative after regular business hours to assist with issues that allowed us to submit desired reporting data on time, before expiration of submission deadline.
Product has a good option for setting up benefit open enrollment period and tracking and monitoring employee progress. Appreciate the built-in versatility to deliver customized messages to employees and have supplemental materials available for download. As a variety of legislative mandates were enacted as a result of COVID-19 pandemic, UKG had good communication process to inform customers of what was being done and what resources were being provided to facilitate compliance and reporting.
UKG Pro Feature Ratings
Upgrading UKG Pro
Yes - Upgrades are typically timed to occur during the weekend. Haven't experienced any problems with upgrades being rolled out by UKG.
- Implementation of features in line with administration of mandates enacted as a result of COVID-19 pandemic
- Continued smooth integration with the suite of UKG products and services we're utilizing.
UKG Pro Training
UKG has a variety of training options available, but resources available from their support community are helpful and ability to review questions and concerns through staffed Rapid Response resource has been very helpful.
UKG has a wealth of features and capabilities. Depending on complexity of your organization, it is helpful to setup initial parameters appropriately so system processes transactions in desired manner.
Using UKG Pro
1 - Setup and administration of new users and existing roles. Management of deduction benefit codes to correspond with available benefit election options. Utilizing reporting capabilities available from Business Intelligence reporting module to review and analyze information.
- Administration of common back office tasks from unified, consolidated platform
- Visibility of information across our group of companies from a common platform
- Promote efficiency and better utilization of our resources with with services we receive through subscription to UKG
- As information was released for information required to apply for Paycheck Protection Program loans, UKG reporting capability provided efficient option for identifying employer/employee portion of benefit costs.
- Cross-referencing active employee census with benefit election information provides good option for targeting benefit education communications to appropriate employees
- We are looking at integrating UKG Recruiting into our recruiting and onboarding process
- UKG Giving option may provide option for broadening participation in community outreach efforts.
Evaluating UKG Pro and Competitors
Yes - Our organization was previously using services from PayChex. After detailed evaluation process, UKG was selected because of broad scope of services available and versatility with tailoring platform to unique needs of each of our member companies.
- Product Usability
Our group of companies operate in different industries in different geographic areas with different tax obligations. Our evaluation showed UKG provided best option to us for handling mix of hourly, salary, and union employees as well as corresponding payroll tax obligations in different jurisdictions.
UKG Pro Implementation
Yes - Once requirements were identified, UKG worked with representatives at each of our companies to incorporate desired functionality into set up of UKG Pro. Integration included migration of existing information from previous vendor.
Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled - It has been very beneficial for us to implement transition to UKG. We have not experienced the stream of requests for review and research from state tax jurisdictions that we were experiencing with our previous vendor.
- Great investment in time and labor
- Planning to ensure appropriate administration and desired functionality of the platform
Configuring UKG Pro
We have been able to successfully integrate UKG with desired functionality for each of our companies. We do not believe we are currently using the full range of capability available to us through UKG.
Requirements will really depend on the requirements of your business. In addition to support resources available from UKG, we have also found it helpful to attend UKG's annual Connections conference to help our representatives gain a stronger understanding of how to work with UKG.
Some - we have done small customizations to the interface - We have used functionality to make desired information available from UKG's conventional dashboard. It is fairly easy to do once you know how to do it. We provide resources for employees to find out more information about available benefit plans through this option.
Some - we have added small pieces of custom code - UKG has been able to help us with slight customization of some of the expressions required for setup of our rules, but some of the more complex customizations have involved working with an outside UKG partner vendor.
UKG Pro Support
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
We are able to receive support through comprehensive resources available from UKG's support website as well as through staffed resources available by utilizing UKG's Rapid Response option. UKG's pricing model includes the availability of support with our subscription.
Using UKG Pro
- Incorporating new employee benefit options or carriers
- Mapping transactions to general ledger
Yes - Works excellent for routine things like pulling up current information and reviewing personal information.
UKG Pro Reliability
UKG provides us broad flexibility and we benefit from being able to have desired features available for particular companies within our organization.
While UKG does have periods when it is not available during the implementation of version updates, their update cycle has not interfered with our ability to access it when we need to. In the course of day-to-day use, we have experienced one instance within the past year when technical issues were affecting the performance of the product. Transactions were taking longer to post and update to the system.
Integrating UKG Pro
Relationship with UKG
Representatives at UKG have continued to be accessible to us assist with our inquiries and let us know how we can use existing features to increase our ROI. It was also very helpful for us to have very knowledgeable representative serve as our Lead Account Manager during the implementation process.
Representatives we work with have changed over the term of our relationship with UKG, but we continue to have a good relationship.
We receive regular communications from UKG informing us of updated functionality as well as new features and options. As we approach certain traditional timeframes like employee benefit open enrollment or year-end, we'll also receive relevant reference information that include links to helpful guides and checklists to help ensure that all required tasks are performed.