What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
It makes creating queries very easy for end users so not only research or technicians can do it. The availability for creating Live reports that are accessible via Excel on the network has given many of our users the ability to get the information they need in a format they can use without needing someone to translate the raw data
Feature Rating Comparison
Pixel Perfect reports
Report Formatting Templates
Integration with R or other statistical packages
Report sharing and collaboration
Publish to Web
Publish to PDF
Report Delivery Scheduling
Multi-User Support (named login)
Role-Based Security Model
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
- Informer is pretty user-friendly. When teaching other employees how to use Informer, I typically don't have to repeat any steps or further explain how to do certain tasks because of how user-friendly it is.
- Reports in Informer are kept in a list that can be filtered by user, specific tags, or even by how recent the report was made or run. This makes it very quick and easy to find and run a specific report.
- Informer has many options for downloading the report output, including text (txt), comma separated values (csv), and even PDF.
- One weakness of Entrinsik Informer is that is can act quite differently depending on what browser you are using with it. At one time I was told that Google Chrome was the preferred browser but then we starting seeing some strange issues using Chrome and was then told Mozilla Firefox was now a preferred browser.
- Lately when opening up a support call, the call is open and I am waiting to hear back from Entrinsik and I get an email stating, 'We have not received a response from you in 5 business days for a support request you submitted. We will automatically be closing the ticket.' This is a little irritating when I am wait for a response, not the other way around.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 67 answers
Informer is a reasonably priced tool to continue easy report writing against Unidata databases and for many other databases as well.
Based on 12 answers
From the perspective of the new user and a seasoned user I would say eight would represent both parties. It presents a 'familiar' interface and easy to navigate display. Tagging is quite nice and allows for organization of reports based on those tags. These have to be monitored like anything else to keep them consistent but provides a better than average means of organizing reports.
Reliability and Availability
Based on 3 answers
We have 10 concurrent licenses and we average between 6-8 at any given time during the day; and we host the application.
Based on 10 answers
I would have given 10 but no one and no system is perfect. The only issue with support is not the staff nor the response but the support Wiki and support pages in general run very slow at times. I believe this has been addressed by the company but the technical speed of the pages have been an issue.
Based on 5 answers
Breadth of Deployment
Within my department, we probably have 19 active users. I think there are probably 20 other users across the rest of campus. So probably 40 (ish) out of 700 employees?
Crystal Reports with UniDATA ODBC. This works quite well but is cumbersome to set up and maintain. This required several steps outside the UniDATA database as well as setting up security views and a variety of processes that have to be monitored more closely. No other systems were evaluated to replace the old query interface.
Collaboration and Sharing
Based on 12 answers
It is very easy to share reports in Entrinsik Informer. There have been many cases where I would create a report for an end-user, then share that report with them so they can run it whenever they need it. It also allows them to change any criteria or output fields whenever desired. There have also been cases where an end-user started creating a report, but couldn't get something to work correctly, so I would access it and "fix" it for them.
Based on 12 answers
It is the only tool that I currently have. I am unable to connect to other sources, but I don't know if that is a function of Informer OR our OIT department!
Return on Investment
Entrinsik InformerSee All (3) Entrinsik Informer Screenshots
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?