What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
I think Informer is a cost effective solution for smaller companies, like the University where I work. I'm not sure if it would be well suited for companies with extremely large databases, although I can't say I've really tried to scale it to a higher level myself. Entrinsik is easy to work with and very responsive to support questions. It seems to me they have done a good job of growing very fast over recent years without too many growing pains impacting the current customer base.
Feature Rating Comparison
Pixel Perfect reports
Report Formatting Templates
Integration with R or other statistical packages
Report sharing and collaboration
Publish to Web
Publish to PDF
Report Delivery Scheduling
Multi-User Support (named login)
Role-Based Security Model
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
- Entrinsik Informer has an easy to learn user interface. With limited knowledge of relational database concepts, our end users are able to develop their own reports with little training.
- With recent enhancements in version 4.4.1, I have a better appreciation of the security features within Entrinsik Informer. The security audit reporting is very helpful from an administrative perspective. From a users perspective, they can now better categorize reports for more effective sharing and scheduling across departments.
- Informers dashboard module is really nice but I would like to see additional functionality and visualizations added. For instance, our admissions office uses funnel reports and it would be nice to be able to use a funnel visualization to represent their funnel data.
Westminster CollegeHigher Education, 201-500 employees
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 67 answers
Excellent overall product. Entrinsik's development team provides a quality product and are always developing to further improve it. Cost to benefit ratio on this product makes all the difference to a non-profit institution like SXU.
Business Process Analyst/Programmer
Saint Xavier UniversityHigher Education, 501-1000 employees
Based on 12 answers
Reliability and Availability
Based on 3 answers
We have 10 concurrent licenses and we average between 6-8 at any given time during the day; and we host the application.
Based on 10 answers
Without a doubt this is a strength of the product. The support team responds quickly, accurately and understands the issues
Based on 5 answers
Breadth of Deployment
We are close to 95% of the administrative staff using Informer, either as a writer or recipient of scheduled reports. In most cases, Informer training has become a 'day one' activity for new administrative staff.
Before using Informer, we used "Query Builder" and staff found that very difficult to manage and write reports. We do use Crystal Reports and while it contains some of the output functions we need, it is not end-user friendly and generally requires extensive training to be able to run the most basic reports. After further review, Crystal Reports has been removed from the "standard tools" list, in favor of Informer.
Collaboration and Sharing
Based on 12 answers
This is one of the strength's of the product. End Users can determine where they share data; and where they do not. The new "Burst Email" functionality has made a lot of users quite Happy!
Based on 12 answers
The only data source Entrinsik Informer is currently connected to on our campus is our student information system, which is a Unidata database. We have attempted to connect a couple of Microsoft Access databases, but we couldn't get them to work. We were told that it was due to something on our network, but we never pursued fixing the issue since it was not critical to have those available in Informer.
Danville Area Community CollegeHigher Education, 201-500 employees
Return on Investment
- Easily transitioned users from UniQuery to Informer
- Efficiency gained through simplicity
Director, Information Technology Services
Davidson County Community CollegeEducation Management, 501-1000 employees
Entrinsik InformerSee All (3) Entrinsik Informer Screenshots
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?