What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
It makes creating queries very easy for end users so not only research or technicians can do it. The availability for creating Live reports that are accessible via Excel on the network has given many of our users the ability to get the information they need in a format they can use without needing someone to translate the raw data
Feature Rating Comparison
Pixel Perfect reports
Report Formatting Templates
Integration with R or other statistical packages
Report sharing and collaboration
Publish to Web
Publish to PDF
Report Delivery Scheduling
Multi-User Support (named login)
Role-Based Security Model
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
- The scheduling functionality allows different departments and users to plan ahead for their needs and either export or email the results. Scheduled reports comes in very handy when you need to export the data to third party companies or to a network location for batch processing. This allows us to provide current data with much more frequency.
- LiveExcel functionality gives you the ability to connect your query to Microsoft Excel so users do not need to log into the product to run the results. This also allows the creation of VBA Macros to process the data and provide users with the final product on demand.
- The product has had its growing pains as newer versions have come out. The transfer of old queries to the newer systems has caused some duplication of mapped files or fields and they have not come up with a tool yet to help merge these duplication.
- Wish they had better internal reporting so I could easily find the different reports that are using links and the fields they are linking with.
- I have noticed, being an admin, that the more connections and reports that are available the slower the system becomes when opening it. It would be nice to have nothing come up first and then show more once I drill into the area I want.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 67 answers
Informer has been handily meeting most of our reporting needs, and we've created a library of hundreds of reports that are used every day. They have a terrific support service to help when you have questions, and I've found them to be great at listening to what customers would like and adding new features. They are a small company that really listens and really cares, and I've been very pleased over the past few years getting to know them.
Based on 12 answers
Users without programming knowledge can easily build reports with very limited training necessary.
Reliability and Availability
Based on 3 answers
We have 10 concurrent licenses and we average between 6-8 at any given time during the day; and we host the application.
Based on 10 answers
I would have given 10 but no one and no system is perfect. The only issue with support is not the staff nor the response but the support Wiki and support pages in general run very slow at times. I believe this has been addressed by the company but the technical speed of the pages have been an issue.
Based on 5 answers
Implementation was great. The person implementing was able to take care of the technical as well as training so it was nice to have one person cover all the needs at one time.
Breadth of Deployment
Every UAPB administrative office on campus, every UAPB campus budget manager, and every UAPB Ellucian Colleague user on campus does utilize Informer reporting in some way.
Our organization used to use the built in reporting tool for Datatel, but it required more knowledge about SQL so only a handful of users could actually use it. There was no customization of the output or ability to schedule the queries. If you wanted something more complex than what was available, then the programmers needed to write an extraction program to pull the data you needed
Collaboration and Sharing
Based on 12 answers
You are able to add user groups to a query to add security and access but if you want to add the grouping to multiple queries, it requires an external tool the company provides. Be careful when using this tool, though, as you cannot use it to remove the group from a batch of reports if you inadvertently add them to ones you did not want.
Based on 12 answers
Upon creating the connections to HP-UX the first time around via the instructions, we were not able to access the files. It was not until after we worked with the Tech Support that we learned that extra connection commands were needed on our UNIX box to allow the software to talk to it.
Return on Investment
- Easily transitioned users from UniQuery to Informer
- Efficiency gained through simplicity
Entrinsik InformerSee All (3) Entrinsik Informer Screenshots
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?