Based on 339 reviews and ratings
Based on 1718 reviews and ratings
On24 and Zoom both allow businesses to create web conferences that can support a large number of participants with audio and video. On24 is a webinar software designed to support businesses presentations for large groups of people. Zoom is a web and video conferencing tool designed to help businesses host internal and external meetings, as well as larger conferences. Zoom is popular with businesses of all sizes, while On24 is most popular with mid-sized and large enterprises. Zoom may be more popular with smaller businesses due to the availability of a free pricing package.
On24 and Zoom both provide essential video conferencing tools, but they also have some unique features that set them apart from each other.
On24 includes html5 support that allows users to participate in conferences without downloading an application. This is great for webinars as users who only wish to attend one webinar will not need to commit to downloading an application for a single conference. Additionally, On24 includes analytics tools businesses can use to see how many viewers their webinars had, as well as statistics like what percentage of users stay for the whole conference.
Zoom offers high quality audio and video for small internal meetings or large conferences. Users can share multiple screens or use multiple cameras, as well as use the “touch up my appearance” setting to make sure their video is the highest quality it can be. In addition to the video and audio quality of Zoom, users have access to collaboration tools such as whiteboards and drawing that allow presenters to make notes and highlight important information on the fly during a presentation.
Though On24 and Zoom both enable businesses to host conferences and meetings, they also have a few limitations that are important to consider.
Zoom provides simple, one click meeting invitations, but all meeting participants have to download the Zoom application. Businesses using On24 can allow users to join web conferences using the browser based application without a download. Browser based conferencing can be important for businesses that frequently conference with external individuals. Additionally, Zoom’s analytics features are not as detailed as those provided by On24, for businesses using their video conferencing software primarily for internal meetings this may not be important but it is relevant for businesses hosting webinars.
On24 provides support for large amounts of participants, but it can be more difficult to implement and use compared to Zoom’s simple user interface. Additionally, On24 provides excellent support for webinars, but does not provide a more inexpensive tool for smaller meetings. For businesses that primarily need to support smaller web conferences, rather than webinars, other tools may be more affordable.
Zoom’s Pro pricing tier costs $15.00 per host per month and allows meetings as long as 24 hours. The business tier costs $20.00 per host per month and includes custom branding. Lastly, the enterprise tier costs $20.00 per host per month and requires at least 50 hosts. This plan includes unlimited cloud storage.
On24 pricing is not detailed publicly, but businesses can reach out to vendors for a detailed quote.
Provided by the TrustRadius Research Team
Published on June 18, 2020
Likelihood to Recommend
Feature Rating Comparison
High quality audio
High quality video
Low bandwidth requirements
Record meetings / events
Integrates with social media
Participant roles & permissions
Confidential attendee list
Integration to Marketing Automation
- The Simulive webinar format is a game changer for our company. The majority of our KOLs have very hectic work schedules with seeing patients and Simu-live allows us to pre-record webinars at any time convenient for our speakers and then broadcast the recording at a later date as if it were a live presentation.
- The engagement hub allows our previously recorded webinars to retain their initial value and makes it easy for both future and returning webinar subscribers to watch all of our content in one central location.
- All of our webinar registrants are synced in our Salesforce CRM in unique campaigns for easy tracking and ROI reporting.
- It just works. Biggest complaint with our previous solution is that it took 10 minutes to connect to a meeting. Now, our users connect instantaneously.
- Dashboard is fantasitic. Can access real time information to troubleshoot calls.
- Admin ports offers quite a bit of information. Like that it's a one stop shop to access everything I need to administer the site, users, run reports and access the dashboard.
- Tickets get resolved quickly.
- Feature requests are realized quickly.
- video size is really really small. I know it's all related to bandwidth, but slightly bigger would be great.
- the technical support folks, those in the chat section, sometimes seem to struggle with English. Communication is sometimes a challenge. They are friendly and work hard, but the chat experience is often frustrating.
- When I used Zoom while conducting some administration tasks, it wasn't quick to switch back and forth between the one providing support and the user for the copy/paste function. When I spoke to the one providing support they said it happened all the time.
Likelihood to Renew
Reliability and Availability
|Connectivity||Good||Good||Good||Some audio problems for panelists when dialing in to pre-call|
|Technology||Can join via web||Download-based||Can join via web||Download-based|
|Waiting Room (what attendees see before the webinar begins)||Y||NTechnically early arrivals are able to see the pre-cal||YBranded & can add resources||N|
|Ability to upload PPTX||Y||Y(upload a PPTX not screenshare)||Y(upload a PPTX not screenshare)||N (must screenshare & also not compatible with Google Slides)|
|Marketo Integration||YNative Marketo Integration||YNative Marketo Integration. Marketo uses ReadyTalk for their webinars.||YOK integration via Marketo Webhook||YOK integration via Marketo Webhook|
|Branded user interface||Y||N||Can add our logo||N|
|Ability for speakers to see slide notes||Y||N||N||N|
|Practice webinar right before event easability||Y||N||Y||Y|
|Rich data and analytics||Strong YesAbility to score leads based on webinar engagement||N||MehAbility to see more than just registrant data but not adjust MQL scoring||N|
|On-Demand recording||YCan cut and edit webinars into snackable videosegments for ongoing promotion||YAbility to also cut video in console||YAbility to also cut video in console||Y|
|On-Demand video hosting & reporting||Y (On24 immediately shifts the live webinar page to the On-Demand version and then provides reporting)||Y||Y(GoToWebcast immediately shifts the live webinar page to the On-Demand version and then provides reporting)||N|
|Polls & Poll reporting||Y||Y||Y||N|
|Seamless transition of controls to panelists||Y||Y||Y||N|
|Chat among speakers||Y||Y||Y||Y (but difficult)|
|Q&A assignment to speakers||Y||N||N||N|
|Dial in||Attendees: Phone or Computer AudioPanelists: Free Bridge conferencing||Attendees: Phone or Computer AudioPanelists: Free Bridge conferencing||Attendees: Phone or Computer Audio Only but would need an account with OneVoice for dial-inPanelists: Free Bridge conferencing||Attendees/Panelists: Phone or Computer Audio|
|Attendee & Panelist Max||Attendees: 1,000Panelists: 10||Attendees: 3,000Panelists: Unlimited||Attendees: 1,000Panelists: Tier 1: 20Tier 2: 20||Attendees: 1,000Panelists: 10|
Return on Investment
- We have continued to build relationships with our current clients and gain trust by providing them with free educational presentations on topics relevant to their business.
- We have been able to generate more information to our members by presenting on some of the other services that we have, and through that, being able to expand our client base through osmosis.
- We have been able to record more internal employee training and also been able to broadcast that material to our remote employees.
- Allowed for us to start meetings at a faster speed especially with its Slack integration.
- Integration with HubSpot has made it easy to also set up Zoom webinars and sync any contact data within the CRM.
- Need battery chargers for laptops in a meeting lasting over an hour - drains them fairly quickly.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
ON24 Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Zoom Editions & Modules
|Virtual H.323/SIP Room Connector||49/month|
|Zoom Room Conference Room||49/month|