Reviews (1-4 of 4)
- The AWS wrapper scripts provide great interoperability cross-cloud.
- It is much faster than the swift storage implementation.
- It is a clean way to store files.
- If they had just used the aws boto_3 as it was and just changed the credentials piece, that would have made it even easier.
- The connection to their services isn't as fast as one would have expected.
- We found issues when pulling lots of files from one IBM service to the other.
- Intuitive user interface
- Fast, convenient uploads with proprietary software
- Great learning environment for SQL
- I'd like it to be more intuitive (or possible if it's not) to move files from web to storage without first downloading them to a local machine.
IBM Cloud Object Storage Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About IBM Cloud Object Storage
IBM Cloud Object Storage makes it possible to store practically limitless amounts of data, simply and cost effectively. It is commonly used as storage for web sites and mobile applications, data archiving and backup, enterprise file services, and analytics. Flexible storage class tiers with a policy-based archive lets users effectively manage costs while meeting data access needs. The integrated Aspera high-speed data transfer option makes it easy to transfer data to and from Cloud Object Storage, and query-in-place functionality supports running analytics directly on users' data.
Storage classes. Effectively manage costs while meeting data access needs. Storage class tiers are available for active (Standard), cool (Vault), cold (Cold Vault) and dynamic (Flex) data
Archive. Apply an age-based archive policy to move objects from any storage class to long term, lower-cost storage
Resiliency options. Meet availability and resiliency needs. Options include Cross Region, Regional or Single Data Center
Integrated Aspera high-speed data transfer. Quickly transfer data to and from IBM Cloud Object Storage with no cost for data ingress
Query-in-place. Run analytics directly on data at rest using IBM SQL Query
Data durability. Designed for 99.999999999-percent data durability
Encryption. Leverage server-side encryption. Optionally manage encryption keys or use IBM Key Protect
Identity and Access Management. Manage access control using role-based policies
IBM Cloud Object Storage Screenshots
IBM Cloud Object Storage Video
IBM Cloud Object Storage Integrations
IBM Cloud Object Storage Competitors
|Lite Plan||Free||Up to 25 GB/mo. For all terms go to https://www.ibm.com/cloud/object-storage|
|Standard Plan||There is no minimum fee, pay only for what you use||For pricing and all terms go to https://www.ibm.com/cloud/object-storage|
The Lite and Standard service plans for Cloud Object Storage include resiliency options, flexible data classes and built-in security. Pricing is based on your choice of location, storage class and resiliency choice.
IBM Cloud Object Storage Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
IBM Cloud Object Storage Technical Details
|Supported Languages:||English, German, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean.|