IBM Cloud Object Storage Reviews

TrustRadius TRUE BadgeTrustRadius Top Rated for 2020

January 19, 2021
🐿 Matthew Karsten | TrustRadius Reviewer
IBM Cloud Object Storage with features like Aspera and a wide range of other enterprise applications available have come so far in the last year alone. The integration, ease of use and user experience have improved dramatically. IBM and the fast growing startup community in Austin, TX are adoption a now refined enterprise offering to accelerate our journey into the cloud and beyond.
  • Aspera for ingestion
  • Ai and ML modeling
  • Asset management and creation
  • Most secure/ enterprise solution
  • Ease of use
  • With so many offerings, a UI beyond just APi documentation.
  • Onboarding specialist and mid market case studies
Modeling large amounts of data becomes available to a wider generation of marketers. I find that data analysis and structuring for ingestion to be the most difficult challenge for new users. I ofter feel accomplished completing even a portion of a guided tutorial. With the ease of use of jupyter notebooks and asset management, the UI needs to be revamped for the next generation of enterprise executives.
I have yet to utilize SQL though it is part of the process. Compared to google the initial setup of SQL on IBM is not yet defined. My major interest with IBM Cloud is the integration of Watson Virtual Assistant as well as Watson Studio for brand asset management for our entire team.
  • IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service
  • IBM Cloud Foundry
  • IBM Cloud Garage
  • IBM Watson Machine Learning
We are able to augment the workflow of an agile startup to compete with the likes of larger more established agencies in a competitive ecosystem. Our partnership with IBM are the internal tools that set our team and mission apart from our competitors. Providing pivotal innovation, the right team, the right tools at the right time.
Read 🐿 Matthew Karsten's full review
January 04, 2021
Mithilesh Sivaprakash | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have used IBM Cloud Object Storage for my Coursera Class, "Statistics in Data Science using Python," primarily for Jupyter Notebooks and Kernels. With this tool, I have been able to create various test notebooks and work through labs pre-built by the course instructors. It allows for an easy destination to quickly test and run the statistical models I create.
  • Run Kernels
  • Run segments of Python code
  • Test statistical models
  • Slow load-up time
  • Have to sift through a few pages before reaching my destination
  • Kernel time-out error
Creating test notebooks and working through labs pre-built by the course instructors, testing and running the statistical models I create. I was able to easily generate a service and use it to contain my notebooks.
  • IBM Db2 on Cloud
I have used IBM Db2 on Cloud on multiple occasions as both a production tool for various projects and an academic tool to expand my learning.
Read Mithilesh Sivaprakash's full review
August 10, 2020
Ausrine Stankeviciute | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use IBM Cloud Object Storage primarily for rich data asset storage. As a developer who likes to play around with data, I find that IBM Cloud Object Storage is the perfect platform to host and manage unstructured data that can be made easily accessible either via the IBM portal or via an API call.
  • Highly secure way of storing and sharing data as it needs authorization to be accessible.
  • Pre-built API calls and code snippers make accessing data via secure APIs a breeze.
  • Easy to migrate data to and from data storage
  • Ability to manage large amounts of data with considerable speed
  • Unexpected errors are known to occur when downloading/uploading files.
  • Not easy to get started. In order to take full advantage of the platform and its features, additional training and reading documentation is needed.
  • The UI of the platform can get a bit confusing and it's easy to get lost.
Scenarios where IBM Cloud Object Storage is well suited:
* Building enterprise-grade data solutions with large teams
* Where an all-in-one platform is needed to solve complex problems that require an ecosystem of tools to work together
* Where IBM services already exist in the business
* Projects where scalability, security and technology integration are key drivers

Scenarios where IBM Cloud Object Storage is not well suited:
* Small teams with small budgets may be better off using open source tools
* Solving niche industry problems that require niche solutions
When using IBM Cloud Object Storage, our team did not use the IBM Cloud SQL Query capability.
  • IBM Watson Discovery
The IBM ecosystem of tools is built with integration in mind so they naturally work well together. I found that when using tools such as IBM Watson Assistant and IBM Watson Discovery together, they work to each other's strengths--a match made in heaven. Overall, I have never had issues with integrating IBM tools and using them in tandem. In fact, I recommend it!
Read Ausrine Stankeviciute's full review
August 25, 2020
Frank Ovanessians | TrustRadius Reviewer
There is an initiative to design in automation and machine learning into all of Epiroc's surface mining drills. We want the drill to optimize drilling functions in order to lengthen life of drill components and save fuel. The drill runs predictive models based on the drilling of one hole in a pattern then decides based on the data how to optimize the next series of 100-200 holes. The machine will also predict maintenance cycles, in hours, based on past usage and sister machines in the field.
  • Python compiler is fast.
  • Storing and sharing files.
  • Security features.
  • Difficult to find functions.
  • Need a centralized menu system.
  • Faster compiler speeds for Python code.
Python machine learning where the files can be tested and compiled immediately and shared with users.
No, it has not been used for my projects.
  • IBM Analytics for Apache Spark
Great engine for extremely fast processing .
Read Frank Ovanessians's full review
November 25, 2020
Alabi Temitope | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it during development of web and mobile solutions for clients to handle media and file storage. Its being used mainly by the whole organisation because during testing of application other department help us it in testing and they interact with file upload which is most times implemented under the hood with IBM Cloud Object Storage. It helps to efficiently eradicate tedious experience I have in past for file upload and retrieval which I am given a public url and private url to have live access to the file. I use it in projects for storing prospective users and returning users images, supporting documents which often is in doc format or pdf format. It also provide helper function for multiple file upload.
  • Multiple file upload helper
  • Ability to store any file extension
  • Rich documentation to assist in implementation of IBM Cloud Object Storage
  • Updated Sample Code for implemention in Major programming language
  • In terms of large file size, it takes time upload the file, though i saw a feature which i can use to compress the file size
  • Percentage completion for file upload maybe a socket connection to have real time access to file upload
  • There is highly reduce video tutorial content of IBM Cloud Object Storage on youtube or Udemy. It will be more easy to integrate if there is
Well suited for file upload especially with NodeJs environment then am yet to see sample code on Go language for IBM Cloud Object Storage implementation. I think it takes so much time when I want to upload media file on it likes of mp4 format. I will like to try it on real timevideo sharing but I will try this out soon and give a review
It helps to improve efficiency and easy code debugging since we know major third party packages is from the same source which is IBM. It reduce work pressure in long time when a new developer join my team because with time he will be comfortable interacting with major IBM services through the console or terminal.
Read Alabi Temitope's full review
November 24, 2020
Kunal Aggarwal | TrustRadius Reviewer
I'm using IBM Cloud Object Storage for all my project needs so I can store all my data and can fetch the data when needed. IBM Cloud Object Storage is very helpful, especially when you are working on an AI/ML project so IBM Watson service can easily interact with the storage and we can perform our work more efficiently.
  • Online cloud storage
  • Easy to migrate
  • More flexible
  • Highly scalable
  • Unexpected error sometimes while uploading files
  • Menu should be more organized
  • Pricing
It's best recommended if you have a free plan--you will get a portion of memory free of cost. And you can perform various tasks more efficiently, like AI/ML projects by using IBM cloud object storage with IBM Watson.
No, not much at all. As we are developers, we would like to do most of our work on our own.
  • IBM Watson IoT
  • IBM Watson Natural Language Understanding
IBM Cloud Object Storage plus all IBM Watson services is the best combination. Just mark my words: you never going to face bad experience while working on IBM Cloud Object Storage with all Watson services.
Read Kunal Aggarwal's full review
November 04, 2020
Vishnu Devineni | TrustRadius Reviewer
Serverless architectures--especially the ability to access cloud object storage though IBM Cloud functions--provide tremendous potential for business users to rapidly prototype innovative risk management models within the financial services industry.
IBM Cloud Object Storage has a very intuitive UI and dashboard which allowed me to leverage its potential very quickly to demonstrate business benefits to clients.
  • Trusted brand
  • No downtime
  • Great UI for object management
  • Pricing
It is well suited in scenarios where all public clouds are generally used. We use object storage for maintaining integral files provided by customers.
I haven't tried this. IBM Cloud functions, through Python runtime, also provide analysis. To optimize analysis routines, we will be shifting the query capability into IBMCloud SQL.
Read Vishnu Devineni's full review
August 03, 2020
Priyadarshan Alok Joshi | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am using IBM Cloud Object Storage for my personal analysis of stocks and returns using the Python language. I liked IBM Cloud Object Storage very much. It is fast, responsive, and efficient with lots of data fed in. I build linear and multiple regression models and run using the cloud and the response is very fast and insightful. Several things help me like the simplicity of the interface--everything fits nicely into the cloud interface.
  • Maintain formats well
  • Very easy to open and modify data
  • Interactive
  • Data is automatically deleted sometimes if a query is mistaken. They could add a pop-up to verify if we want to delete the data.
  • When running SQL commands and when I want to see the results, it would be better if they would pop-up in another window.
  • Make data addition more easy and in fewer steps
IBM Cloud Object Storage can be used anywhere. It is fast interactive and beautiful to the eyes. I like using IBM Cloud Object Storage for my personal use now and soon I will be shifting to the full version to use it extensively for all my technical work. I highly recommend any individual or a company to use IBM Cloud Object Storage
Read Priyadarshan Alok Joshi's full review
August 25, 2020
IBM Cloud Object Storage is used as an extension to on-premise storage and for workloads that see unseen and rapid growth in size and require the timeless scalability, security, reliability, low latency over organization's VPN and cost efficiency that an on-prem solution cannot provide. This is used across the organization and departments and is the go-to-solution for us. The documentation provided is quite comprehensive and helped learn and implement IBM COS with ease.
  • IBM Cloud Object Storage is fast, secure, reliable and provides quick support when required.
  • Step by step documentation is easy to understand and implement for new users across the organization.
  • It is highly customizable and available based on the need of the use-case.
  • The planning for archival and scalability may require some improvement to reduce overall time.
  • Ease of use comes with a lot of reading the documentation, which should come by the tool itself.
It is well suited for object storage requirements of the organization where cost, security and quick solution is need of the hour. Works as an extension of already stretched storage solution and easy retrial of the stored object at any point in time. Cost effectiveness is a key USP.
This has greatly helped as it allowed to query large logs that are stored in IBM Cloud storage as it was previously difficult to analyze at ease and provide actionable analytics for key decision makers. Structured as well as unstructured data is easily ingested by the query engine for analysis.
  • IBM WebSphere Application Server on Cloud
  • IBM Watson Speech to Text
The multiple product portfolio listed above are not limited but only a representation and it has only helped us with our overall TCO as compared to any other on-premise or cloud solution. It was easy to integrate so as to realize the benefit of other tools and applications which leveraged the cloud storage solution.
December 09, 2020
We resell the object storage to our clients, as part of a SaaS solution.
  • It performs as well as the other top hyper-scale storage providers
  • They offer some unique features and flexibility
  • They are willing to provide a pricing model that is more predictable, re: egress
  • Being part of a huge organization has caused some delays in getting started
  • Due to all the options, the pricing is more complicated than some others
Price, performance and flexibility.
  • IBM Cloud Virtual Servers
  • IBM Cloud Bare Metal Servers
  • IBM Cloud Functions
It increasess the ease of use to have multiple services offered in combination with the object storage services.
August 06, 2020
IBM Cloud Object Storage is being used as a repository of photos and images for our growing online community forum which is 13 years in existence now. Our media assets need to be kept in a reliable object storage service provider that is intuitive, affordable, and fast, and we find IBM Object Cloud Storage to be the perfect place for our files, videos, audio, and pictures. After we have uploaded these files into IBM Cloud Object Storage, we get the public URL of these files and make them available for view on our forum site. We also want to keep all other media assets in IBM as a back-up drive in case something happens to our phones and laptops. So far, we are enormously satisfied with IBM's storage service. There is just one feature that we hope to see in the future - that is the option to have a preview of every photo we've uploaded in IBM. When photos are in the thousands, a preview or thumbnail of each photo saves time in our decision-making whether to use it or not.
  • User-Friendly Console
  • Extremely Fast
  • No Monthly Subscription
  • Lots of Datacenter Options
  • Mobile Friendly Cloud Console
  • Preview of each photo
  • Option to rename a file
  • Integration with other apps such as Google Drive, One Drive, etc
IBM Cloud Object Storage is well suited as a content delivery network (CDN) service. It is also best for backing-up any file that can be accessed publicly or stored privately forever.
We have not used this feature of IBM Cloud Object Storage. Nevertheless, we are very much interested to explore this great feature once we are ready and as the need arises.
We have yet to try the other services offered by IBM Cloud.
August 03, 2020
I work as a website developer under Software Development Cell, USICT. The main objective of this organization is to deploy a seasonal website for a hackathon or admissions. Mostly it develops websites for the ACM chapter of the university. We as SDC, use IBM Cloud Object Storage for PDFs and to host images of the events mostly for static website hosting and static content distribution. Right now the service is used only by our SDC department.
  • Most durable and reliable when compared to an on-premises storage warehouse. Data written to cloud storage is stored across other regions to achieve almost 99% uptime and durability.
  • A secure way to keep user and organization data safe. With IBM Cloud an administrator can set role-based policies and access permission across each level.
  • Cost effective technique to store Terabytes of data.
  • Personally, there are few to count but sometimes the user experience does not appeal to me.
  • When compared to other competitors in the market, IBM lags behind in community meetings and meetup/on-line events and demos.
In the era of the data-driven world, IBM Cloud Object Storage gives the power to analyze BIG data. As an organization, we use Cloud Object Storage mainly for archiving data and for backup.
Mostly we use IBM Cloud Object Storage for archiving events. Though our organization knows about these features still we are coming up with different ways to use cloud SQL for our use.
  • IBM Watson Machine Learning
IBM Watson Studio is used by the students as a part of their research work under the ACM chapter in USICT. I love the fact that to get started and use this you don't have to add any payment or credit card details. This matters a lot when it is mostly used by undergraduates students.
July 29, 2020
IBM Object storage was used in the implementation of IBM CMOD. Our business archived all kinds of statements and reports for a longer term. IBM Object Storage was used for the purpose of archiving data. Initially, we had the local storage, but eventually, considering the maintenance of the platform, the documents are moved to the cloud.
  • Easy to setup
  • Easy integration with IBM products
  • Scalable for needs
  • No issues with speed and connectivity
  • UI interface needs improvement.
  • Documentation and easy use of API.
  • Navigation on dashboard.
When using IBM products, IBM COS is an integrated way of storing the data on the cloud. There is a free plan to try out before using it or for testing proof of concepts. It can definitely serve as a backup point for enterprise infrastructures. It can be used to store any type of data.
I have not used the built-in SQL query.
  • IBM Watson Discovery
  • IBM Watson Knowledge Studio
Most of the solutions required by the customer can be archived with the help of IBM products itself. There is an ease of integration when using the IBM products stack.
July 28, 2020
I am using IBM Cloud Object Storage for developing certain solutions with IBM Watson services. I store media files like audio and video files and also files with data like spreadsheets, CSVs, JSON objects. It is very easy to upload files to Cloud Object Storage and work with them. Most of the processes like adding credentials and adding them as streaming objects are pretty much automated. There is ample documentation available online and on the IBM cloud website for reference.
  • Easy to use over other clouds like file upload and download. Also the feature of cataloging helps in maintaining data repositories efficiently.
  • Adding credentials directly to services and development notebooks
  • Embedded IAM authentication helps in integrating with other IBM cloud services
  • Lite plan needs to provide more data storage capacity for new users
  • Need to provide data backup facility without extra charges
  • File operations should be allowed inside Cloud Object Storage
IBM Cloud Object Storage is one of the simplest and most effective cloud storage systems available in today's world.
Spark integration has been an excellent feature. Also, the embedded SQL URL feature for each data object on Cloud Object Storage makes it easy for developers to copy it and use it later in their code.
  • IBM Cloud Object Storage
  • IBM Watson Speech to Text
  • IBM Watson Natural Language Understanding
Makes life easier and helps in solving client problems effectively.
April 02, 2020
Keldon Alleyne | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am testing IBM Cloud Object Storage for testing machine learning models and workflows, and potentially for use in a cross platform videogame (using other IBM Cloud services for processing)

As a games developer I need to offload as much processing as I can. I've not fully made use of it yet, but my tests have shown IBM's Cloud offering and the Cloud Object Storage to fit smoothly into some workflows (due to the diverse range of integrated services).

It's still in early stages, but so far I like what I've seen.
  • Integrates with other IBM Cloud services
  • Email reports and notifications I can observe at a glance
  • Very flexible offerings (including low cost storage)
  • Good pricing
  • The UX for IBM's cloud platforms can take some time to get used to
  • IBM's cloud platform pages are quite heavy, making navigation a bit of a chore
IBM Cloud Object Storage could be used for CDN, or as a replacement for Amazon's cloud storage services.

I've never looked at IBM Cloud Object Storage as a service I would use in isolation, but with the range of cloud services available (including Kubernetes, etc.) it's quite easy to roll out services on the IBM cloud platform.

It also feels more stable and secure than most. That's entirely subjective, but their informative status updates make me feel confident in the service.
  • IBM Watson Studio (formerly IBM Data Science Experience)
The IBM portfolio products is my sole reason for using IBM Cloud Object Storage - primarily for Watson, but I also like how their cloud servers are structured.

The game being worked on is still at the prototyping stage, but is likely to utilize IBM's products to provide real-time analysis and processing for the game world. This will allow players to enjoy the full benefits of the designed game no matter what hardware they are using.

The primary target platform is GeForce NOW, which processes the game on NVidia's servers, with the expectation of being able to offload lengthier machine learning tasks to models on IBM Cloud Platform.
Read Keldon Alleyne's full review
May 28, 2020
Michael Felker | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using IBM Cloud Object Storage to store copies of data that our custom software generates and transmits via SSH. We are using it per client (bucket per client). We are using it across our entire company and for our clients as well. IBM Cloud Object Storage solves our need to store encrypted data in a secure environment that can be programmed to send or receive when we need it.
  • Even though it is object storage, I can still use folder structure and store data.
  • It adds yet another layer of encrypted protection to our already strong system.
  • It was easy to set up and will be valuable to each and every client we help. Ease of use is pretty key.
  • Tech support was available via chat and helped us set up our bucket and other needs.
  • IBM Cloud Object Storage has errors in their documentation and they could fix the errors.
  • While tech support via chat was great, the chat interface was out of sync and very buggy. It must be fixed. It was very difficult to communicate with tech support.
  • The entire IBM Cloud Object Storage system is a bit confusing without the use of lots of documentation and some things that were supposed to be automatically set up were not.
IBM Cloud Object Storage is excellent for backup, storage of important files and fine for programming use-cases where files must be sent or received. It is relatively easy to maintain once set up and the learning curve is not too bad.
No. Our software solution does not require traditional database.
We are using a Bare Metal Server with 32GB ram, 1 XEON 16 core processor and 48TB of HD space. We are also using IBM COS in tandem with the bare metal server. The two meet our needs perfectly.
Again, Brian from chat tech support deserves a 10 rating. He was integral to helping us set up everything we needed.
Read Michael Felker's full review
May 11, 2020
Kennedy Seijas | TrustRadius Reviewer
The company generates tons of data each second when the main system is interacting with Amazon and eBay via APIs.

This information is stored for later data analysis for marketing and production proposes. The Cloud Store is ideal for data backup and to improve security and reduce data risk.

Our entire organization has been benefited from this technology and making our job easier.
  • Very easy integration to various tools.
  • Replacement for offsite backup.
  • More efficient than tape backup for geographic redundancy.
  • Great for disaster recovery.
  • It would be nice to have more explanation videos for each section offered.
  • It would be great to have all the files of a particular project in a single bucket.
IBM Cloud Object Storage is well-suited to large amounts of unstructured data use cases such as videos, audio files, photos, email, web pages, and sensor data. It is constantly available, highly secure foundation, and a cost-effective. Also, it simplifies scalability and backups for customers.

It is a pay-as-you-go service available for storing large volumes of data, securely and reliably. So enterprises have more control of the data consumes and budget for it.

During the uploading or downloading, we did not feel any speed drop, it works as a cluster computing service. Basically, it provides high-speed data transfer. Ad-hod SQL query is beneficial for most times.
Currently, IBM Cloud Object Storage is the only product used so far. The organization is planning to continue adding more products from the IBM catalog in order to continue improving productivity, a better developing environment for our developers, and an easy repository for the rest of the members of the organization to reach out to data.
Read Kennedy Seijas's full review
April 14, 2020
Christian Bradley | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is currently being used by the whole organisation to backup data from Office 365 to address the compliance and security issues around Office 365 data. We currently utilise Veeam to facilitate the backups and IBM Cloud Object Storage to store the encrypted data from Exchange Online, Sharepoint and OneDrive for Business.
  • Ease of Use
  • Compatibility
  • Price
  • Storage Objects
  • Haven't found any yet.
Both Office 365 backups and Infrastructure network backups fit well with the aid of Veeam, it is also usable as a public storage location creating a public cloud for your data, in a safe, secure, encrypted environment.
Private cloud capabilities are massively increased based on the object storage and IBM have extremely competitive data rates.
We don’t currently use this feature and so aren’t able to comment.
  • Veeam on IBM Cloud
Again, the impact has been huge, we are currently re-selling this out to our clients after an in-house trial that really set IBM apart from the competition.
The documentation provided is so good that it is rare you will need to engage with their support professional, however, if things don’t quite fit, they are on hand and ready to help with any and all challenges faced.
Read Christian Bradley's full review
April 07, 2020
Christopher J Evans | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have been using IBM Cloud Object Storage since 2019. Overall, it fits very well for the needs of my department: it is quick, easy to use, and easy for first-time users. Creating object storage instantly is the best feature, literally, it takes 10 seconds. The user interface is easy to use and easy to learn. I have a stable and robust parallel file system thanks to IBM. The support desk is so helpful. When I am in need of help, I can reach them quickly. Their response times are satisfying my needs. Lastly, it is secure. I know my data is in the hands of a trusted company, IBM.
  • Secure, stable, and robust parallel file system
  • Easy integration to various tools
  • Connection speed, high bandwidth
  • None
As a chemicals company, we have a huge archive that consists of chemical syntheses data. This data needs to be stored securely. Recently, on-premises solutions have become unsustainable for our company. Hard drive faults, data breaches, and regulatory compliance needs make it harder to keep data on the company site. Thus, we decided to switch to the cloud. IBM provides fast and secure service. Their pricing scheme is affordable. Their support team really helped to facilitate the migration of tons of data to IBM.
I have been working in IT sector for more than 15 years. I have worked with various vendors. IBM's sales team, support team have been really helpful. After we start to use their product, their UX design team also contacted us to get feedback from us. They are really interested about our experience.
Read Christopher J Evans's full review
March 31, 2020
Nikola Marks | TrustRadius Reviewer
At Nation Farm, IBM COS is used for both backup and storage. The company chemists produce gigabytes of data each day as a result of their chemical experiments. Especially the Research and Development team needs to store their experiment data and they need to access this data from anywhere. During this COVID-19 lockdown days, we are working remotely. We realized that IBM COS was the right decision we made. In addition to that, I am responsible for dealing with the security concerns of the company. Based on my compliance checks, I can say IBM provides a secure and reliable service. Both data transmission and data storage are secure.
  • Secure service
  • Reliable infrastructure
  • Data transmission speed
  • Easy to migrate
  • User interface could be improved.
At Nation Farm, IBM has been used as a storage and backup service. Nowadays, we are not able to go to the office due to coronavirus lockdown. IBM helped us to provide remote working with our colleagues. Until now, we have not had any problems. It has been a good experience for our IT team on connection speeds and security.
Read Nikola Marks's full review
March 31, 2020
Mahmut Halil Öztürk | TrustRadius Reviewer
IBM Cloud Object Storage was recommended to me by my supervisor as a solution to satisfy my higher process power needs. As a part of my research project, I have been developing a real-time climate data tracker database and analyzer. The weather data for one place is millions of lines of data as the sensors record data per second. Therefore, I need bigger storage, a faster connection, and good processing power. IBM is the best solution for my needs so far.
  • Fast connection speed
  • Strong infrastructure
  • Strong process power
  • Scalable for needs
  • Affordable
  • Hard to learn at the beginning.
  • Lack of language support.
I recommend IBM's product to those who need to process huge data in a quick way. Even though I optimized my code for the best results, it was slow on my personal cluster. However, after I switched to IBM, it became faster and I got results real quick. My real-time climate data tracker database and analyzer code contains data recoded by sensors per second. Big storage and fast data transmission are essential for this research. IBM saved my life on this.
I have heard about it, but I have not used it yet. For better optimization of my data analysis process, I am planning to use it in the near future.
Read Mahmut Halil Öztürk's full review
March 17, 2020
Srikanth Hannabeprakash | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use this at my college to store data since our Google Drive has become full. I also tell others to switch to IBM data on cloud since there are many tools to do privacy selection and security locks within certain geography.
I have been to many IBM seminars in the past, the data access is fast and storage is of large quantities. Access is restricted as per our needs and I collaborate in using this service with other research scholars to share docs and do app developments. I have been an ardent user of Fedora Scientific and doing things with Adruino microcontrollers.
  • Speed of storage and access of data.
  • Security restrictions with limited geographical accesses.
  • Upgrade of storage spaces.
  • Premium services to manipulate accesses and collaboration for VPNs.
  • Basically stores any format of data.
  • User interfaces on dashboards.
  • Linking to Facebook, LinkedIn, and other contact lists.
  • Search engines.
This is well-suited in replacing Google Drive or alternative storage options.
Ad-hod SQL query is beneficial for most times. But if information alone is queried there is only material knowledge. So to help address further an option to identify telephone numbers or macros to get lited entries while querying would be further helpful. Often building cloud apps that allow listed entry searches in devices on real time is really easy way of looking into IOT solutions for many manufacturing businesses
  • IBM Cloud Internet Services
  • IBM Cloud App ID
Read Srikanth Hannabeprakash's full review
March 14, 2020
Akhil Ramani | TrustRadius Reviewer
Overall, IBM Cloud Object Storage is a good option to go for, as it is implemented with S3 APIs. I have solved problems related to downloading users' demand files directly to Object Storage. However, there are some improvements that need to be done in IBM COS like folders. IBM COS does not give you the ability to create folders in a bucket. Although it is not a big problem, it would provide more convenience.
  • Greate user experience. Easy to learn and implement through well developed WebApp.
  • Archive policy will help to reduce storage cost.
  • Free 25GB storage in the lite plan will give a chance to anyone to get started with it and learn.
  • Folders feature is missing in a bucket. It will help to organize files of a particular project in a single bucket.
Overall, IBM cloud object storage is really well suited for any project that needs to store files such as images, videos, zip, PDFs, etc. For example, if you want to provide a profile picture functionality to your app's users, then Object Storage is Ideal for you to store your users' images or anything that a user submits.
  • IBM Cloud Foundry
  • IBM Cloud Functions
IBM provides deep integration between its multiple products, which is very helpful for implementing data processing queues, analytics features, and other things.
Read Akhil Ramani's full review
March 11, 2020
Ahmet Fatih IRKLI | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • IBM Cloud Object Storage (COS) is used by myself in our organization as a part of my research. It has been seven months since I come across the IBM Cloud Object Storage, and I loved it. I keep my experimental data on IBM servers safely, and I can access it from anywhere. Also, I run my calculation codes and data analysis codes on IBM servers. Thus, I have a remote research machine that is reliable and accessible from anywhere.
  • My personal computer and work computers are also connected to IBM Cloud Objective Storage, which allows me to backup both my personal and research data. Knowing that my files are safe and secure is precious.
  • Managing different types of digital belongings (such as data, backups, codes, results) from one place makes my job easier.
  • Secure
  • Reliable
  • Fast
  • Easy to learn
  • Easy to manage
  • Scalable
  • Availability
  • Cost effective
  • Lack of servers on some regions of the world, they can expand their servers
  • EU support desk availability times are limited
If you are doing research based on experimental data and codes, you should give it a try to IBM COS. A most simple workflow for my IBM Cloud Object Storage usage is as follows:
  1. Do the measurement on setup. Collect the data from the setup. Save data on IBM Cloud Object Storage. Secure, fast file storage.
  2. Run the code for deriving meaningful results from raw data. Run codes chunk quickly with robust IBM servers. Fast processing times.
  3. Run the data analysis programs. Powerful servers save time. Time-saving.
  4. Store all of them in one place without concern about space, security, accessibility.
It is beneficial as it works as a cluster computing service. Typically, if I run my data analysis code on my PC, computation takes around 5-6 days on average. However, it is reduced to a day with IBM`s cluster power. In more technical terms, this service is faster while working on iterative queries of my code.
  • IBM Cloud Virtual Servers
  • IBM Cloud Databases
  • IBM Secure Gateway
I can handle all my job on IBM Cloud Object Storage thanks to all the services that they offer.
I have multiple virtual machines to run my codes.
I am storing my raw experimental data, meaningful data analyzed data, and my backups.
I can securely connect from anywhere.
Scale my services and data easily.
Read Ahmet Fatih IRKLI's full review
May 12, 2020
ISMAIL MATTE | TrustRadius Reviewer
It has ensured confidentiality, integrity and accessibility of the Biometrics Civil, Pensioners and Beneficiary Register. This is mainly because it supports the applied biometrics models, i.e fingerprints, voice and multi-model biometrics data exchange with other systems for authentication, identification and verification purposes.
  • API biometrics data exchange.
  • Biometrics as a service web application development.
  • Low costs.
  • Scalability.
  • Availability.
  • Security.
  • Web Page Processing/Loading Speeds
Well suited for biometrics systems (template storage and security).
Yes, because scripting is easy and scripting errors are easily identified.
  • IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service
  • IBM Cloud App ID
  • IBM Cloud Starter Kits
Cost reduction.
Read ISMAIL MATTE's full review

Service-level Agreement (SLA) uptime (76)
Dynamic scaling (74)
Elastic load balancing (74)
Monitoring tools (76)
Security controls (78)

What is IBM Cloud Object Storage?

IBM Cloud Object Storage makes it possible to store practically limitless amounts of data, simply and cost effectively. It is commonly used as storage for web sites and mobile applications, data archiving and backup, enterprise file services, and analytics. Flexible storage class tiers with a policy-based archive lets users effectively manage costs while meeting data access needs. The integrated Aspera high-speed data transfer option makes it easy to transfer data to and from Cloud Object Storage, and query-in-place functionality supports running analytics directly on users' data.

Features

Storage classes. Effectively manage costs while meeting data access needs. Storage class tiers are available for active (Standard), cool (Vault), cold (Cold Vault) and dynamic (Flex) data

Archive. Apply an age-based archive policy to move objects from any storage class to long term, lower-cost storage

Resiliency options. Meet availability and resiliency needs. Options include Cross Region, Regional or Single Data Center

Integrated Aspera high-speed data transfer. Quickly transfer data to and from IBM Cloud Object Storage with no cost for data ingress

Query-in-place. Run analytics directly on data at rest using IBM SQL Query

Data durability. Designed for 99.999999999-percent data durability

Encryption. Leverage server-side encryption. Optionally manage encryption keys or use IBM Key Protect

Identity and Access Management. Manage access control using role-based policies

Has featureMonitoring tools
Has featureSecurity controls
Has featureFlexibe Storage Class Tiers
Has featurePolicy-based archive
Has featureIntegrated Aspera high-speed data transfer option
Has featureQuery data in place
Has featureAccess Management and Permissions
Has featureSDKs

IBM Cloud Object Storage Screenshots

IBM Cloud Object Storage Video

Object storage enables you to store large amounts of data in a highly scalable manner. Whether you have a server, web application, or a back-up requirement, you can easily store your data with object storage using REST APIs.

IBM Cloud Object Storage Integrations

IBM Spectrum Protect, Komprise, Veritas NetBackup, IBM Analytics Engine, IBM Cloud Mass Data Migration, CTERA, IBM FileNet, Cloudberry Explorer Pro, CommVault Simpana, DBM Cloud Aire, Watson Studio (formerly IBM Data Science Experience), IBM Content Manager OnDemand, IBM Aspera, Nasuni Filer, NICE Trading Recording, NICE Engage, Panzura Filer, Rclone, Storage Made Easy

IBM Cloud Object Storage Competitors

Google Cloud Storage, Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service), Microsoft Azure Blob Storage

IBM Cloud Object Storage Pricing

• Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
Lite PlanFreeUp to 25 GB/mo. For all terms go to https://www.ibm.com/cloud/object-storage
Standard PlanThere is no minimum fee, pay only for what you useFor pricing and all terms go to https://www.ibm.com/cloud/object-storage

The Lite and Standard service plans for Cloud Object Storage include resiliency options, flexible data classes and built-in security. Pricing is based on your choice of location, storage class and resiliency choice.

IBM Cloud Object Storage Support Options