IBM Cloud Object Storage Reviews

TrustRadius TRUE BadgeTrustRadius Top Rated for 2020

Keldon Alleyne | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 02, 2020

A formidable alternative to Google and Amazon cloud offerings.

I am testing IBM Cloud Object Storage for testing machine learning models and workflows, and potentially for use in a cross platform videogame (using other IBM Cloud services for processing)

As a games developer I need to offload as much processing as I can. I've not fully made use of it yet, but my tests have shown IBM's Cloud offering and the Cloud Object Storage to fit smoothly into some workflows (due to the diverse range of integrated services).

It's still in early stages, but so far I like what I've seen.
  • Integrates with other IBM Cloud services
  • Email reports and notifications I can observe at a glance
  • Very flexible offerings (including low cost storage)
  • Good pricing
  • The UX for IBM's cloud platforms can take some time to get used to
  • IBM's cloud platform pages are quite heavy, making navigation a bit of a chore
IBM Cloud Object Storage could be used for CDN, or as a replacement for Amazon's cloud storage services.

I've never looked at IBM Cloud Object Storage as a service I would use in isolation, but with the range of cloud services available (including Kubernetes, etc.) it's quite easy to roll out services on the IBM cloud platform.

It also feels more stable and secure than most. That's entirely subjective, but their informative status updates make me feel confident in the service.
  • IBM Watson Studio (formerly IBM Data Science Experience)
The IBM portfolio products is my sole reason for using IBM Cloud Object Storage - primarily for Watson, but I also like how their cloud servers are structured.

The game being worked on is still at the prototyping stage, but is likely to utilize IBM's products to provide real-time analysis and processing for the game world. This will allow players to enjoy the full benefits of the designed game no matter what hardware they are using.

The primary target platform is GeForce NOW, which processes the game on NVidia's servers, with the expectation of being able to offload lengthier machine learning tasks to models on IBM Cloud Platform.
Read Keldon Alleyne's full review
Michael Felker | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 28, 2020

How IBM Cloud Object Storage and other hardware services are beneficial to our company and products

We are using IBM Cloud Object Storage to store copies of data that our custom software generates and transmits via SSH. We are using it per client (bucket per client). We are using it across our entire company and for our clients as well. IBM Cloud Object Storage solves our need to store encrypted data in a secure environment that can be programmed to send or receive when we need it.
  • Even though it is object storage, I can still use folder structure and store data.
  • It adds yet another layer of encrypted protection to our already strong system.
  • It was easy to set up and will be valuable to each and every client we help. Ease of use is pretty key.
  • Tech support was available via chat and helped us set up our bucket and other needs.
  • IBM Cloud Object Storage has errors in their documentation and they could fix the errors.
  • While tech support via chat was great, the chat interface was out of sync and very buggy. It must be fixed. It was very difficult to communicate with tech support.
  • The entire IBM Cloud Object Storage system is a bit confusing without the use of lots of documentation and some things that were supposed to be automatically set up were not.
IBM Cloud Object Storage is excellent for backup, storage of important files and fine for programming use-cases where files must be sent or received. It is relatively easy to maintain once set up and the learning curve is not too bad.
No. Our software solution does not require traditional database.
We are using a Bare Metal Server with 32GB ram, 1 XEON 16 core processor and 48TB of HD space. We are also using IBM COS in tandem with the bare metal server. The two meet our needs perfectly.
Again, Brian from chat tech support deserves a 10 rating. He was integral to helping us set up everything we needed.
Read Michael Felker's full review
Kennedy Seijas | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 11, 2020

Fantastic experience using IBM Cloud Object Storage

The company generates tons of data each second when the main system is interacting with Amazon and eBay via APIs.

This information is stored for later data analysis for marketing and production proposes. The Cloud Store is ideal for data backup and to improve security and reduce data risk.

Our entire organization has been benefited from this technology and making our job easier.
  • Very easy integration to various tools.
  • Replacement for offsite backup.
  • More efficient than tape backup for geographic redundancy.
  • Great for disaster recovery.
  • It would be nice to have more explanation videos for each section offered.
  • It would be great to have all the files of a particular project in a single bucket.
IBM Cloud Object Storage is well-suited to large amounts of unstructured data use cases such as videos, audio files, photos, email, web pages, and sensor data. It is constantly available, highly secure foundation, and a cost-effective. Also, it simplifies scalability and backups for customers.

It is a pay-as-you-go service available for storing large volumes of data, securely and reliably. So enterprises have more control of the data consumes and budget for it.

During the uploading or downloading, we did not feel any speed drop, it works as a cluster computing service. Basically, it provides high-speed data transfer. Ad-hod SQL query is beneficial for most times.
Currently, IBM Cloud Object Storage is the only product used so far. The organization is planning to continue adding more products from the IBM catalog in order to continue improving productivity, a better developing environment for our developers, and an easy repository for the rest of the members of the organization to reach out to data.
Read Kennedy Seijas's full review
Christian Bradley | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 14, 2020

IBM Cloud - Best Cloud Provider

It is currently being used by the whole organisation to backup data from Office 365 to address the compliance and security issues around Office 365 data. We currently utilise Veeam to facilitate the backups and IBM Cloud Object Storage to store the encrypted data from Exchange Online, Sharepoint and OneDrive for Business.
  • Ease of Use
  • Compatibility
  • Price
  • Storage Objects
  • Haven't found any yet.
Both Office 365 backups and Infrastructure network backups fit well with the aid of Veeam, it is also usable as a public storage location creating a public cloud for your data, in a safe, secure, encrypted environment.
Private cloud capabilities are massively increased based on the object storage and IBM have extremely competitive data rates.
We don’t currently use this feature and so aren’t able to comment.
  • Veeam on IBM Cloud
Again, the impact has been huge, we are currently re-selling this out to our clients after an in-house trial that really set IBM apart from the competition.
The documentation provided is so good that it is rare you will need to engage with their support professional, however, if things don’t quite fit, they are on hand and ready to help with any and all challenges faced.
Read Christian Bradley's full review
Christopher J Evans | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 07, 2020

IBM Cloud Object Storage Review

We have been using IBM Cloud Object Storage since 2019. Overall, it fits very well for the needs of my department: it is quick, easy to use, and easy for first-time users. Creating object storage instantly is the best feature, literally, it takes 10 seconds. The user interface is easy to use and easy to learn. I have a stable and robust parallel file system thanks to IBM. The support desk is so helpful. When I am in need of help, I can reach them quickly. Their response times are satisfying my needs. Lastly, it is secure. I know my data is in the hands of a trusted company, IBM.
  • Secure, stable, and robust parallel file system
  • Easy integration to various tools
  • Connection speed, high bandwidth
  • None
As a chemicals company, we have a huge archive that consists of chemical syntheses data. This data needs to be stored securely. Recently, on-premises solutions have become unsustainable for our company. Hard drive faults, data breaches, and regulatory compliance needs make it harder to keep data on the company site. Thus, we decided to switch to the cloud. IBM provides fast and secure service. Their pricing scheme is affordable. Their support team really helped to facilitate the migration of tons of data to IBM.
I have been working in IT sector for more than 15 years. I have worked with various vendors. IBM's sales team, support team have been really helpful. After we start to use their product, their UX design team also contacted us to get feedback from us. They are really interested about our experience.
Read Christopher J Evans's full review
Nikola Marks | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 31, 2020

Secure and reliable cloud service

At Nation Farm, IBM COS is used for both backup and storage. The company chemists produce gigabytes of data each day as a result of their chemical experiments. Especially the Research and Development team needs to store their experiment data and they need to access this data from anywhere. During this COVID-19 lockdown days, we are working remotely. We realized that IBM COS was the right decision we made. In addition to that, I am responsible for dealing with the security concerns of the company. Based on my compliance checks, I can say IBM provides a secure and reliable service. Both data transmission and data storage are secure.
  • Secure service
  • Reliable infrastructure
  • Data transmission speed
  • Easy to migrate
  • User interface could be improved.
At Nation Farm, IBM has been used as a storage and backup service. Nowadays, we are not able to go to the office due to coronavirus lockdown. IBM helped us to provide remote working with our colleagues. Until now, we have not had any problems. It has been a good experience for our IT team on connection speeds and security.
Read Nikola Marks's full review
Mahmut Halil Öztürk | TrustRadius Reviewer

To Satisfy Fast Connection and Powerful Infrastructure Needs

IBM Cloud Object Storage was recommended to me by my supervisor as a solution to satisfy my higher process power needs. As a part of my research project, I have been developing a real-time climate data tracker database and analyzer. The weather data for one place is millions of lines of data as the sensors record data per second. Therefore, I need bigger storage, a faster connection, and good processing power. IBM is the best solution for my needs so far.
  • Fast connection speed
  • Strong infrastructure
  • Strong process power
  • Scalable for needs
  • Affordable
  • Hard to learn at the beginning.
  • Lack of language support.
I recommend IBM's product to those who need to process huge data in a quick way. Even though I optimized my code for the best results, it was slow on my personal cluster. However, after I switched to IBM, it became faster and I got results real quick. My real-time climate data tracker database and analyzer code contains data recoded by sensors per second. Big storage and fast data transmission are essential for this research. IBM saved my life on this.
I have heard about it, but I have not used it yet. For better optimization of my data analysis process, I am planning to use it in the near future.
Read Mahmut Halil Öztürk's full review
Srikanth Hannabeprakash | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 17, 2020

Great for production and research

I use this at my college to store data since our Google Drive has become full. I also tell others to switch to IBM data on cloud since there are many tools to do privacy selection and security locks within certain geography.
I have been to many IBM seminars in the past, the data access is fast and storage is of large quantities. Access is restricted as per our needs and I collaborate in using this service with other research scholars to share docs and do app developments. I have been an ardent user of Fedora Scientific and doing things with Adruino microcontrollers.
  • Speed of storage and access of data.
  • Security restrictions with limited geographical accesses.
  • Upgrade of storage spaces.
  • Premium services to manipulate accesses and collaboration for VPNs.
  • Basically stores any format of data.
  • User interfaces on dashboards.
  • Linking to Facebook, LinkedIn, and other contact lists.
  • Search engines.
This is well-suited in replacing Google Drive or alternative storage options.
Ad-hod SQL query is beneficial for most times. But if information alone is queried there is only material knowledge. So to help address further an option to identify telephone numbers or macros to get lited entries while querying would be further helpful. Often building cloud apps that allow listed entry searches in devices on real time is really easy way of looking into IOT solutions for many manufacturing businesses
  • IBM Cloud Internet Services
  • IBM Cloud App ID
  • IBM Db2 on Cloud
Read Srikanth Hannabeprakash's full review
Akhil Ramani | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 14, 2020

IBM Cloud Object Storage Review

Overall, IBM Cloud Object Storage is a good option to go for, as it is implemented with S3 APIs. I have solved problems related to downloading users' demand files directly to Object Storage. However, there are some improvements that need to be done in IBM COS like folders. IBM COS does not give you the ability to create folders in a bucket. Although it is not a big problem, it would provide more convenience.
  • Greate user experience. Easy to learn and implement through well developed WebApp.
  • Archive policy will help to reduce storage cost.
  • Free 25GB storage in the lite plan will give a chance to anyone to get started with it and learn.
  • Folders feature is missing in a bucket. It will help to organize files of a particular project in a single bucket.
Overall, IBM cloud object storage is really well suited for any project that needs to store files such as images, videos, zip, PDFs, etc. For example, if you want to provide a profile picture functionality to your app's users, then Object Storage is Ideal for you to store your users' images or anything that a user submits.
  • IBM Cloud Foundry
  • IBM Cloud Functions
IBM provides deep integration between its multiple products, which is very helpful for implementing data processing queues, analytics features, and other things.
Read Akhil Ramani's full review
Ahmet Fatih IRKLI | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 11, 2020

Research and computing on one place!

• IBM Cloud Object Storage (COS) is used by myself in our organization as a part of my research. It has been seven months since I come across the IBM Cloud Object Storage, and I loved it. I keep my experimental data on IBM servers safely, and I can access it from anywhere. Also, I run my calculation codes and data analysis codes on IBM servers. Thus, I have a remote research machine that is reliable and accessible from anywhere.
  • My personal computer and work computers are also connected to IBM Cloud Objective Storage, which allows me to backup both my personal and research data. Knowing that my files are safe and secure is precious.
  • Managing different types of digital belongings (such as data, backups, codes, results) from one place makes my job easier.
  • Secure
  • Reliable
  • Fast
  • Easy to learn
  • Easy to manage
  • Scalable
  • Availability
  • Cost effective
  • Lack of servers on some regions of the world, they can expand their servers
  • EU support desk availability times are limited
If you are doing research based on experimental data and codes, you should give it a try to IBM COS. A most simple workflow for my IBM Cloud Object Storage usage is as follows:
  1. Do the measurement on setup. Collect the data from the setup. Save data on IBM Cloud Object Storage. Secure, fast file storage.
  2. Run the code for deriving meaningful results from raw data. Run codes chunk quickly with robust IBM servers. Fast processing times.
  3. Run the data analysis programs. Powerful servers save time. Time-saving.
  4. Store all of them in one place without concern about space, security, accessibility.
It is beneficial as it works as a cluster computing service. Typically, if I run my data analysis code on my PC, computation takes around 5-6 days on average. However, it is reduced to a day with IBM`s cluster power. In more technical terms, this service is faster while working on iterative queries of my code.
  • IBM Cloud Virtual Servers
  • IBM Cloud Auto Scaling
  • IBM Cloud Databases
  • IBM Secure Gateway
I can handle all my job on IBM Cloud Object Storage thanks to all the services that they offer.
I have multiple virtual machines to run my codes.
I am storing my raw experimental data, meaningful data analyzed data, and my backups.
I can securely connect from anywhere.
Scale my services and data easily.
Read Ahmet Fatih IRKLI's full review
Paula DiTallo | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 22, 2020

Offers Exceptional Understanding and Flexibility for Managing the Object Data Lifecycle

As a researcher, developer, and product manager IBM Cloud Storage allows me to focus my time on the specific problem I am solving for, rather than tie up my time with administering storage devices/capacity. IBM Cloud Storage is simple to use. Storage capacity is available within minutes.
  • Data stored with IBM is protected and secured.
  • In active dev/QA/prod environments, storage can be utilized for archiving and backups.
  • When integrated into product (web/mobile app) architecture, it can assure scalable, persistent storage.
  • Although navigation/usage is "simple" on the surface, one does need a solid technical understanding of how to implement and maintain cloud storage as it applies to the problem(s) one is solving.
  • I think IBM could better promote its capabilities by offering more real-world architectural and implementation examples of how ICOS would fit in a typical enterprise application requiring different retrieval strategies regarding visual analytics over time; merging current data with legacy object data.
I would recommend ICOS to any product manager interested in rapidly getting a prototype of a mobile/web application up and running for investors, clients and peer-groups to work with and evaluate. I also think its a very good tool to have available for development and test environments that require comparisons against large canon object datasets with post-enhancement test result object datasets.
In the end, no matter how thorough one's requirements may be, there is always a need for unplanned analysis that end-users will ultimately want from a product. The SQL Query feature that is available in ICOS makes that possible.
Read Paula DiTallo's full review
ISMAIL MATTE | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 12, 2020

IBM Cloud Object Storage: the Future of Cloud Computing

It has ensured confidentiality, integrity and accessibility of the Biometrics Civil, Pensioners and Beneficiary Register. This is mainly because it supports the applied biometrics models, i.e fingerprints, voice and multi-model biometrics data exchange with other systems for authentication, identification and verification purposes.
  • API biometrics data exchange.
  • Biometrics as a service web application development.
  • Low costs.
  • Scalability.
  • Availability.
  • Security.
  • Web Page Processing/Loading Speeds
Well suited for biometrics systems (template storage and security).
Yes, because scripting is easy and scripting errors are easily identified.
  • IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service
  • IBM Cloud App ID
  • IBM Cloud Starter Kits
Cost reduction.
Read ISMAIL MATTE's full review
Ben Holmes | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 13, 2020

Very fast, secure

Used in moving custom files for data science exploration in collaboration with Watson Studio.
  • Very fast
  • Cheap
  • Connections are bit difficult to configure.
  • Security is difficult understand.
  • Providing access is a difficulty.
Ad hoc movement of data into IBM's stack of applications on the cloud.
Yes, anything SQL and Spark related is very good.
  • IBM Cloud Virtual Servers
Read Ben Holmes's full review
Bobby Iliev | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 07, 2020

Worth giving it a try!

We are using the IBM COS for our Kubernetes cluster.
  • Really well documented.
  • Native integration with K8s.
  • Easy to provision.
  • Better documentation regarding Kubernetes integration.
It is quite handy if you have a Kubernetes cluster as it comes with out-of-the-box integration.
We are using the COS for a file that is being imported every 5 minutes to an SQL server.
IBM Cloud has brilliant documentation, in case of any issues or when researching IBM Cloud products, this is where I look for answers first. The IBM cloud interface is really intuitive. The reason why I'm not giving a 10 is that in case that you have too many Docker images, the Cloud Registry interface doesn't have server-side pagination and when it tries to load the Docker images it times out occasionally. A simple fix to that would be to add a server-side pagination if possible.
Read Bobby Iliev's full review
Iyed Yacoubi | TrustRadius Reviewer

IBM Cloud Object Storage Review

I advise my Veeam customers to use IBM Cloud Object Storage for cloud backup externalization projects.
  • Flexible infrastructure
  • Cheap storage
  • More integration with Veeam for Direct restore to IBM
  • Veeam Native IBM instances backup
IBM Cloud Object Storage has a good price, is flexible, and has a decent integration with Veeam.
  • IBM Cloud for VMware Solutions
We are working with a lot of VMware customers, whom we advise to use it for backup externalization.
Read Iyed Yacoubi's full review
Matt Simpson | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 26, 2020

IBM Cloud Object Storage Review

I'm using IBM Cloud Object Storage for a machine learning exercise for real-time object detection.
  • Create associated JSON data for Machine Learning annotations
  • Data Storage
  • Data Analysis
  • Currently have no suggestions
IBM Cloud Object Storage is well suited to support machine learning projects.
Have not utilized this feature yet.
  • IBM Cloud Object Storage
No impact thus far, since only using this one service. However, with more experience, I'm sure more services will be added.
Read Matt Simpson's full review
Warren Churulich | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 23, 2020

Excellent Cloud Object Storage

I use it to store images that users upload for selling items for estate sales auctions. It is being used by the whole organization. It allows me to store lots of images quickly and efficiently.
  • Good integration with Akamai CDN.
  • Fast.
  • Reliable.
  • N/A
I think it works well if you are using the IBM cloud because you can use the private endpoint to save money on bandwidth transfers. I use it to store images.
I have not used that feature as of yet.
Akamai CDN. It makes it very easy to use the CDN.
Read Warren Churulich's full review
Matthew Couch (pron. &quot;kooch&quot;) | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 27, 2020

IBM Cloud Storage for NFP Training

I'm considering using IBM Cloud Object Storage to host the backend files behind our microlearning suite MTSGrow.
  • Scalability
  • Security
  • Tutorial for smaller users
IBM Cloud Object Storage is great for backend storage access where file hosting needs to be reliable and secure from unintended changes. I intend to replace my web-hosted storage with IBM Cloud Object Storage.
We have not used IBM Cloud SQL as yet.
We're currently only using the one product.
Read Matthew Couch (pron. "kooch")'s full review
April 13, 2020

IBM Cloud Object Storage Review

I only use it for my learning section via Courser. IBM Cloud looks very similar to some competitor's products. However, there are a few companies have a much larger market share in the cloud space.
  • No credit card information needed for a free account.
  • Simple to use.
  • Fewer users.
It is good to use for an individual but from an enterprise perspective, it may not be a great option since the coverage and the service are still not comparable to some market leaders. As a result, I would give a 7 out of ten due to the reasons mentioned above.
I have not yet used such a function in IBM Cloud but it sounds very interesting. My company is currently using other products for a similar purpose.
overall the support for IBM cloud products are very good. Self guided support is sufficient from the cloud doc and tutorial video and IBM expertise is generally helpful. As for IBM developer communities, it is relatively small than other major competitors. For example, some unique question might not find quick answer from the communities easily.
April 02, 2020

Powerful computing from IBM

In the university we do not have organizational subscription to IBM Cloud Object Storage. Instead, we subscribe to it individually and it is paid by research funds. Thus, each researcher can customize their object storage based on their need.
My research simulates the parts of the brain and as a whole those parts act like a brain. Each simulated part is defined as an object on the cloud service and works together.
IBM's Cloud Object Storage allows me to use powerful devices working simultaneously to achieve my simulation goals.
  • Resilient storage.
  • Powerful infrastructure.
  • Customizable service.
  • Scalable infrastructure based on my needs.
  • Cluster working scheme on various locations.
  • Quick responding support desk.
  • Confusing user interface for beginners.
  • Inadequate tutorials on the web related to IBM COS.
IBM COS was recommended to me by my colleague from the university when I was in need of a cluster of computers. Until now it has worked perfectly, and I am glad to know about COS. I can securely store my research data while I process them with the power of machines brought together by cloud infrastructure. Also, its monitoring dashboard is really fruitful. I can follow and define where there is a bottleneck on my code. Thus, I can optimize my app based on these logs.

I recommend it to my colleagues who need powerful and robust computing infrastructure. Apart from computational power, it serves well as a backup point.
As Spark SQL allows me to process data frames via Python, I can quickly do data reading and writing in various structured formats. Huge amounts of data from EEG become easier to compute thanks to Spark's big data query function with SQL. At least, it perfectly fits to my research project.
March 27, 2020

IBM COS - the ultimate storage disruptor

I'm part of my organization's IBM practice and we provide consulting services to our client on usage and fitment of IBM products based on the industry they belong to and the problem they want to solve.
We usually deal with cloud products but also have high expertise within core IBM products category as well. I'm currently exploring using COS along with IBM Watson Studio to create analytic solutions for my client.
  • Working with large data.
  • Search indexing.
  • Free service data limit.
  • File format support beyond CSV.
  • External datasource OOTB support for packaged vendors.
Well suited for:
  • Dashboards
  • Aggregated data and text key-based search indexing
  • Where you need to pay as you go and don't have a huge data requirement
  • As a free data storage service for faster time to market services like dashboards and data refinement flows
  • Non RDBMS related requirements
  • get_result(jobId, pagenumber=None) returns SQL result data frame for entire result or for specified page of results.
  • list_results(jobId) returns a data frame with the list of result objects written.
  • list_cos_objects(cos_url) returns a data frame with the list of objects found in the given cos u.
  • IBM Cloud Foundry
  • IBM Cloud Functions
  • IBM Streaming Analytics
  • IBM Analytics Engine
  • IBM Watson Assistant
  • IBM Watson Tone Analyzer
  • IBM Watson Knowledge Studio
We are an IBM workshop, so we depend completely on IBM products to provide valuable solutions to our client. Since before cloud, IBM has been a leader in integration space and is right now heading towards leading the AI race. As a practice we do see a lot of potential in IBM cloud solutions which are increasingly maturing and providing enterprise-grade services along with support to IBM Openshift containerized solutions.
May 21, 2020

Usage of Cloud Object for IBM Discovery

Currently, we are using it for testing purposes. The long-term goal is to use it as a data storage service for our activities with IBM Discovery. The fact that we get to use up to 25 GB in a free tier version and test it with API services, convinced us to move from Box to IBM Cloud Object Storage.
  • 25 GB of free storage.
  • Easy import of data.
  • API integration.
  • Process could be faster.
  • An interface that caters for people who are using other IBM services, i.e. Discovery.
  • To add it as a widget that can quickly be implemented when using other IBM services that need storage.
Appropriate scenarios: Plugging IBM Cloud Object Storage with other services, i.e. Discovery.
Inappropriate scenarios: Implementation steps are not suitable for a non-technical person. This is unfortunate because there are more people testing this type of service that are not software developers.
  • IBM Watson Discovery
So far, our experimentation has been positive.
May 08, 2020

IBM Cloud Object Storage Review

IBM Cloud Object Storage is being used by employees on a personal level to complete online certifications. It is also being used by some employees to work on a project team level to build successful python programs and their builtin features provided by IBM Clouds. I would recommend my friends/colleagues to use it.
  • Built-in compilers.
  • Certifications studio.
  • Bucket management.
  • Bucket naming convention.
  • Watson studio layout.
  • Paid membership fee.
IBM Cloud is very well suited in testing and developing online projects and help the users to complete the certifications for their built-in compilers. IBM Cloud storage service is very professional and mature. IBM Cloud also provides excellent features in DevOps tools like Kubernetes and other related tools.
Yes, Apache spark for ad-hoc analysis helped the users to create analytical programs for data science extraction analysis. IBM Cloud supports SQL query which provides great benefit on database analysis by using SQL. Users anywhere can use the built-in feature at runtime to test their mapping and functionalities.
I am using Watson Text to Speech in AI and IBM Cloud Object Storage which is helping me to access the other products for use like IBM Block chain platform and the Databases tools for storage in future. Although IBM Watson features are very helpful for use of completing the assignments.
January 13, 2020

IBM Cloud Object Storage: effective data storage solution for Data Science applications

Our company will be soon providing our clients with consulting, training, support and deployment services on AI and machine learning technologies, and more in general on data science matters. IBM COS is our preferred solution when it comes to storing large amounts of data, thanks to its convenience, scalability and ability to perform in-the-cloud queries (via IBM SQL Query) and analytics.
  • High speed transfer of data to and from the COS.
  • High security standards.
  • I have no special improvement suggestion to make at this time.
As a data persistence tool I think it's a great partner to any data science team that already uses open-source and IBM technologies in its day-to-day job. In fact its integration with other IBM tools (and namely IBM Watson Studio) makes the whole workflow a lot easier and more intuitive.
Yes, the integration of COS with IBM SQL Query is very valuable for us, because it makes the data analysis workflow a lot simpler, easier, and faster, eliminating the need to transfer the data to other repositories and transform it along the way.
April 28, 2020

IBM Cloud Object Storage: Good for collaborative data-intensive work

IBM Cloud Object Storage is being used by a cross-institutional research group for sharing data among researchers in different universities. Data sharing for files with huge sizes has become easy and organized.
  • Fast uploading/downloading, drag-and-drop options available for files
  • Detailed tutorials available
  • The user interface is cluttered. Very difficult to navigate to the relevant resources for a beginner. The navigation process is not obvious.
Sharing data greater than 1TB seems like a job for IBM Cloud Object Storage.
This feature has not been used by me so far.
steep learning curve

Service-level Agreement (SLA) uptime (62)
Dynamic scaling (61)
Elastic load balancing (61)
Monitoring tools (62)
Security controls (65)

About IBM Cloud Object Storage

IBM Cloud Object Storage makes it possible to store practically limitless amounts of data, simply and cost effectively. It is commonly used as storage for web sites and mobile applications, data archiving and backup, enterprise file services, and analytics. Flexible storage class tiers with a policy-based archive lets users effectively manage costs while meeting data access needs. The integrated Aspera high-speed data transfer option makes it easy to transfer data to and from Cloud Object Storage, and query-in-place functionality supports running analytics directly on users' data.

Features

Storage classes. Effectively manage costs while meeting data access needs. Storage class tiers are available for active (Standard), cool (Vault), cold (Cold Vault) and dynamic (Flex) data

Archive. Apply an age-based archive policy to move objects from any storage class to long term, lower-cost storage

Resiliency options. Meet availability and resiliency needs. Options include Cross Region, Regional or Single Data Center

Integrated Aspera high-speed data transfer. Quickly transfer data to and from IBM Cloud Object Storage with no cost for data ingress

Query-in-place. Run analytics directly on data at rest using IBM SQL Query

Data durability. Designed for 99.999999999-percent data durability

Encryption. Leverage server-side encryption. Optionally manage encryption keys or use IBM Key Protect

Identity and Access Management. Manage access control using role-based policies

IBM Cloud Object Storage Features

Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Features
Has featureService-level Agreement (SLA) uptime
Has featureDynamic scaling
Has featureElastic load balancing
Does not have featurePre-configured templates
Has featureMonitoring tools
Does not have featurePre-defined machine images
Does not have featureOperating system support
Has featureSecurity controls
Has featureFlexibe Storage Class Tiers
Has featurePolicy-based archive
Has featureIntegrated Aspera high-speed data transfer option
Has featureQuery data in place
Has featureAccess Management and Permissions
Has featureSDKs

IBM Cloud Object Storage Screenshots

IBM Cloud Object Storage Video

Object storage enables you to store large amounts of data in a highly scalable manner. Whether you have a server, web application, or a back-up requirement, you can easily store your data with object storage using REST APIs.

IBM Cloud Object Storage Integrations

IBM Spectrum Protect, Komprise, Veritas NetBackup, IBM Analytics Engine, IBM Cloud Mass Data Migration, CTERA, IBM FileNet, Cloudberry Explorer Pro, CommVault Simpana, DBM Cloud Aire, Watson Studio (formerly IBM Data Science Experience), IBM Content Manager OnDemand, IBM Aspera, Nasuni Filer, NICE Trading Recording, NICE Engage, Panzura Filer, Rclone, Storage Made Easy

IBM Cloud Object Storage Competitors

Google Cloud Storage, Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service), Microsoft Azure Blob Storage

• Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
Lite PlanFreeUp to 25 GB/mo. For all terms go to https://www.ibm.com/cloud/object-storage
Standard PlanThere is no minimum fee, pay only for what you useFor pricing and all terms go to https://www.ibm.com/cloud/object-storage

The Lite and Standard service plans for Cloud Object Storage include resiliency options, flexible data classes and built-in security. Pricing is based on your choice of location, storage class and resiliency choice.

IBM Cloud Object Storage Support Options