- Expense management (5)6.767%
- Dashboards (5)5.555%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Dext Prepare (with Receipt Bank), and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Dext aims to make accountants and the businesses they look after more productive and profitable through better data and insights.
The solution combines real time data with practice productivity tools to free up teams to spend more time adding value.
Users can Prepare, sort and automatically publish paperwork using Prepare with Receipt Bank.
Pull cost data from over 1,400 suppliers and automatically sort and categorise with smart supplier rules. Match paperwork with cost data through bank connections for reconciliation.
Includes tools to analyse tax, payment timing and talk to clients about cashflow, in real time.
- Supported: Accounts receivable
- Supported: Bank reconciliation
- Supported: Expense management
- Supported: Multi-currency support
- Supported: Multi-division support
- Supported: Regulations compliance
- Supported: Self-service portal
- Supported: Global Financial Support
- Supported: Intercompany Accounting
- Supported: Localizations
- Supported: Dashboards
- Supported: Standard reports
- Supported: Plug-ins
- Supported: Role-based user permissions
- Supported: Single sign-on capability
Watch Dext Prepare
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages||English, French|
- Pulls data from photos of text
- Error recognition
- Data access and manipulation
- Easy to use
- To expensive
- Mobile app to capture receipts on the go
- Tracks which card is being used for a purchase
- Matches receipts against recent existing QBO entries to help avoid duplicate entries
- It is good at extracting relevant information from receipts and invoices
- It tracks emailed invoices by the destination rather than the origin, unlike QB's receipt service.
- Their ongoing insistence on only using European formatted dates (DD/MM/YY) is a constant irritation every single time I have to manually enter a date
- There isn't a way to manually match a record against an existing QBO transaction. It either finds it or you can't use Dext to send the receipt image to QB.
- The mobile app is extremely limited. You cannot publish any type of transaction other than an expense.
- The mobile app severely compresses pictures of receipts, which can make large receipts literally unreadable and defeating the purpose of capturing it.
It is hard to use for manual data entry, and if your clients frequently have very long receipts the Dext Mobile app does not work well as it compresses the image to the point where it is completely illegible.
It does not seem to be designed for business owners to use directly rather than using it through their accounting firm.
- Doesn't matter
- cause there are
- more and more options every day
- Customer service
- Imports invoices and receipts via email or integrations
- Converts into data and remembers previous settings for seamless processing
- Integrates with a huge amount of accountancy packages (in our case Xero)
- Handles billing data, tax information, and much more
- The system to automatically pull invoices in from various online services is temperamental
- Almost too many features for a micro business like ours
- Mobile functionality
- Capturing receipt/invoice information
- Integration with accounting system
- Easy to use.
- Stress free.
- e-Invoicing - needs to support it.
- Sometimes errors still creep in.
- Ingest data automatically.
- Transfer information to accounting platform.
- Stores receipts in the cloud for later retrieval.
- The auto pull capability could be expanded to more suppliers.
- The accuracy of the expense allocation is excellent
- Very timely in having the receipts/expenses ready for publishing to Xero (our accounting system)
- The Android app is very good - the image capture feature is very easy to use
- It would be great if the receipt/expense could be published through the Android app rather than having to go the web version to publish expenses
- At times the currency is not captured accurately from the receipts (but this is a rare occurrence)
For our staff who manages Receipt Bank for our clients, this program allows us to clearly see the business purpose behind every bill and purchase. We no longer have to ask the client for details regarding every little expense-we already have the details! Even better, Receipt Bank syncs both with QuickBooks Online and Bill.com, two other platforms we use, so it makes it very easy to pay bills that come due as well as record all of the activity in QuickBooks Online for flawless financial statements.
- Receipt Bank does a stellar job of extracting information from photos of receipts and bills. I'd say 95% of the time the information pulled is correct, so very rarely do I have to correct an amount or date.
- One feature I really enjoy is not only the syncing with QuickBooks Online, but the fact that it also pushes the image to QuickBooks Online as an attachment! This means that for every expense/bill processed through Receipt Bank, an image of it is available inside of the transaction inside of QuickBooks Online. This makes researching a breeze.
- Receipt Bank makes it very simple for users to add documents to the platform. Each company receives a dedicated Receipt Bank email address, which they can email to and upload documents, or users can use the phone apps (which are really easy to use), or they can upload documents from their computer. Training our clients to use it really can't be any easier!
- One area that could really use some improvement is their training program for the people who manage the program (meaning those of us to who actually process the receipts and bills to an outside software). It's a whole separate website, it's somewhat difficult to follow, and it just doesn't flow well. The training for front end users (those submitting the bills/receipts) is not really in depth, either, but it is pretty intuitive. We've taken to writing up a 1 page instruction manual for our clients that qualifies as their "training".
- A feature I would love to see is the ability to process income items in Receipt Bank. It currently does not have that functionality. I have several clients that submit bank deposit detail, and it would be great if I could "publish" those to QuickBooks Online just like I do for bills/receipts.
- Expense reporting is a great feature Receipt Bank has, but it's somewhat complicated to understand. We receive lots of questions from clients surrounding this process, so some better training or simplification would be great.
But for organizations that are small in number of employees, and maybe they all have company credit cards and no expense reports, Receipt Bank isn't necessary. It's still a "nice to have" software, but not required because these types of employees won't be keeping copies of receipts anyway.
- Key metrics on the submissions by clients and any delays. This allows for early identification where client may be struggling to get the information submitted to Receipt Bank, holding up the bookkeeping processing and ultimately delays in delivery of information to the clients.
- Identifying unprocessed receipts sitting in the clients Receipt Bank file.. This assists in managing internal workflow and aiding team members who may find they need assistance in completing key tasks.
- Identifying which clients are using Receipt Bank effectively and which clients need assistance. This can provide the opportunity to discuss with all clients what works well for them and what needs improvement by sharing some of the wins from other clients.
- Providing managers the ability to review with ease the progress of Receipt Bank processing by client and by bookkeeper. This allows them to identify issues literally before they occur.
- Receipt Bank Practice Platform has many great features. As they develop the platform I would like to see a rigorous review of all features so as not to add too many and overwhelm my team.
- Having the flexibility to pick and choose from a suite of features and implement the ones that best suit my practice. A tailor made Receipt Bank Practice Platform. this would allow my practice to grow into the features rather than be overwhelmed by too many.