Score 9.1 out of 10

1 person want pricing too

What is Elementor?

Elementor is a Wordpress page builder and creative toolkit from the company of the same name in Israel.

What is Squarespace?

Squarespace is a CMS platform that allows users to create a DIY blog, eCommerce store, and/or portfolio (visual art or music). Some Squarespace website and shop templates are industry or use case-specific, such as menu builders for restaurant sites.

What is Divi?

More than just a WordPress theme, Divi is a website building platform that replaces the standard WordPress post editor with a new visual editor. The vendor states it can be enjoyed by design professionals and newcomers alike, and is designed to give users the ability to create spectacular designs with ease and efficiency.

Divi Technical Details

Kristina Green | TrustRadius Reviewer
Divi is the primary WordPress theme that my business uses on websites. Its builder is the backbone of nearly every website that I design or redesign for clients.
  • User-friendly builder
  • Simple text editor
  • Easy install
  • Streamlined maintenance
  • Impressive templates
  • The load time of the builder could be faster. On some websites it takes a long time to load, and may crash the page. (I believe they've said they're working on this stability issue.)
  • Warnings on updates if they're difficult for some sites to run. I have one website that has crashed more than once from Divi's theme updates. I always back it up before the update so I restore the site, but this is still a bit of an inconvenience.
  • Integrated (or more clearly marked) tutorials within the builder. I migrate site maintenance and ownership to clients after the site is complete and some could use refreshers within the builder on what happens where i.e. the difference between a section, row, module.
Divi has cornered the market on a simple, straightforward WordPress theme that gives some major integrations and functions! Now that I've worked within it for years, I have a much better understanding of how robust a system it is. It takes some practice to get accustomed to but once you "get" it, it is so fun to use. I've shown so many small business owners how to use Divi and I feel that it is much easier to learn than other themes with functions that are controlled by coding or shortcodes.

I could play in Divi all day, and some days I do, depending on which projects I am working on at the time.
Web Content Creation (8)
Library of website themes
Mobile optimization / responsive design
Publishing workflow
Form generator
Web Content Management (5)
9.4
Content taxonomy
SEO support
Bulk management
Availability / breadth of extensions
Community / comment management
10.0
Platform & Infrastructure (1)
API
Security
CMS programming language or framework
  • Positive - I purchased the lifetime license and have used it on 20+ sites over three years. I purchased it in June 2018 after using it under the one-year license and am so glad that I upgraded. It is a very good deal for my business since I no longer have to think about this cost and it is such a fantastic product.
  • Positive - I have had prospects specifically ask for Divi because they know it is so user-friendly and reliable. That also speaks to the quality of the product.
  • Negative - the Divi Marketplace is where I go for some specialty features to download for specific client requests. I'm not for all the "bells and whistles" that some websites have but there are some that I feel should be included in Divi core that simply aren't, like mega menus. Because of that I've had to make a few additional purchases since buying the license.
Since it is a WordPress-based theme (and builder) it allows integrations with many other services. So using their Bloom plugin you can integrate it with lots of different email marketing systems, you can embed videos from various video platforms, embed your calendar from Acuity or Calendly, and lot of other options. It is very flexible because of this.

When compared to Squarespace, Divi has far more customization options. I recommend Squarespace for those who are not familiar with WYSIWYG builders or who describe themselves as "not techy". It is very simple to use compared to WordPress and for some clients that means it is better for them. But it is limited in other areas, like only using Acuity Emerging ($10/month) or higher for online scheduling and only integrating with MailChimp for email marketing. If that's all that is needed and WordPress is too much to handle, Squarespace may be for that type of person.

Wix seems to only (or mostly) work within its own systems for items like email marketing, payments, and CRM. It does integrate with Google Calendar which is useful. But the lack of integrations with other systems is a big negative for me. Businesses evolve and tying your business to one system for everything can spell trouble down the line.
I use Divi as my web builder for my business website and also for my personal blog. As i need to create several Landing Pages for my marketing strategy, Divi help me with that. I was looking for an easy to use solution to do that and Divi was so far the best option.
  • Website building
  • Menu building
  • Landing page building
  • Usability, to be able to well use Divi, you need to have some kind of knowledge.
  • Interactivity with other tools: its a bit complicated and buggy some times.
  • Not that intuitive: for so many things, i had to search on Google or Youtube to learn how to do it.
I think Divi would be amazing for web developers or power users that know what they are doing, so when some bug or problem come out, they will be able to solve it in some way.

For creating a one page website, for example, Divi is amazing because they give you a lot of amazing layouts that you can perfectly modify.

I dont recomend Divi for non experienced people. Like i said, it needs to be someone able to manage or address any situation that come out while using this tool.
Web Content Creation (8)
Mobile optimization / responsive design
Publishing workflow
Form generator
5.0
Web Content Management (5)
3.6
Content taxonomy
SEO support
Bulk management
Availability / breadth of extensions
Community / comment management
Platform & Infrastructure (2)
3.0
API
6.0
Internationalization / multi-language
Security (1)
Role-based user permissions
CMS programming language or framework
  • Higher conversion rate
  • Theres no needed more tools
  • Ive got rid of a CTA tool since with Divi i can make them. Is not that easy, but is functional
Divi price is superior and the infinite sites feature got me. Thrive was good for me at some point, but they got stuck in their layout options. Even i liked the Thrive form builder, in general Divi gave me more options to build my websites and build my landing pages.

If they work on their interaction with other apps like Mailchimp or Hubspot, for example, or make the tool even more intuitive, i would give them 10 in everything.