What is Handshake Talent Engagement Suite?

Handshake Talent Engagement Suite (TES) helps employers source, engage, manage, and build their brand with early talent at scale. Tell an impactful story and build a strong employer brand using rich media, candidate reviews, employee testimonials, and more.

Wast of Time

March 07, 2022

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Handshake Talent Engagement Suite, and make your voice heard!

56 people want pricing too

What is Indeed.com?

Indeed is a job board and job search engine, available globally.

What is Breezy HR?

Breezy is an applicant tracking system that aims to be fun-to-use. The vendor says its goal is to turns organization's messy hiring hacks into a pain-free process candidates love.The vendor believes hiring doesn't have to be messy. According to the vendor, Breezy customers can say, "Sayonara!" to…

What is Handshake Talent Engagement Suite?

Handshake Talent Engagement Suite (TES) helps employers source, engage, manage, and build their brand with early talent at scale. Use 20+ criteria to target candidates that meet role preferences. Send unlimited customized messages in bulk to target populations. Tell an impactful story and build a strong employer brand using rich media, candidate reviews, employee testimonials, and more. The Talent Engagement Suite can be enhanced with the following modules:

1. Event Manager:
    Handshake Event Manager helps employers efficiently schedule, fill, host events, and connect with early talent. Create and host unlimited group events and 1:1 video chats using Handshake video or a different video platform. Manage scheduling, track RSVPs, and create targeted follow-ups based on candidate actions.

2. Expert Assist:
    Handshake Expert Assist extends the impact of the recruiting team by partnering with Handshake's team of experts. Lean on experts to source more relevant candidates, design campaigns, and train up teams to get the most out of Handshake.

3. Insights:
    Handshake Insights uses proprietary Handshake data across students, employers, and academic institutions to help hiring teams spotlight specific areas to more effectively recruit and hire on Handshake. Designed using consistent customer feedback, the Insights module includes detailed talent intelligence reports that supercharge recruitment planning with actionable analysis. Leverage job seeker trends, benchmarking analysis, and performance data across the recruiting funnel to improve brand resonance, increase quality applicants, and make more hires.

4. ATS integration:
    Connect applicant tracking systems to Handshake for a full-funnel recruiting view. Connect activities to outcomes – track how many hired applicants were proactively recruited on Handshake through activities like campaign messaging, events, and career fairs.

5. Advocates:
    Handshake Advocates helps employers accelerate interest from qualified candidates by connecting them to the people they want to speak with most—employees in the same or similar role over recruiters. Make it easy for candidates to meet company representatives and form relationships all on Handshake.

Handshake Talent Engagement Suite Technical Details

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 7.1.

The most common users of Handshake Talent Engagement Suite are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

My organization uses Handshake for the recruitment of new grads and continuing education students. The talent acquisition team uses this website to establish connections with the students and educators across the state. It helps us find candidates for each location, and has assisted with many of our hard-to-fill positions.
  • Connections with multiple locations across an area
  • Easily contact students within the schools
  • Search of qualified candidates
  • Tools for contacting candidates
  • Maintaining connections with new grads who do not use their school email or lose access
  • Matching potential candidates with job searches
Handshake has been accommodating for entry level positions, and finding candidates for high volume recruiting. We have not had success using Handshake for more specialty qualified or advanced training needs. There are many positions that can be searched for but not for some specialties that are only offered by certain schools.
Carlos Cuesta | TrustRadius Reviewer
Not an easy system to use. Trying to sign up for my company and it will not allow me to do so. I am a new employer/franchise and cannot seem to get any help or support to sign up for my company. Why is it so difficult to have a system that is the friendly users?
  • 0
  • Allowing to register company
  • Having live support or any support . Current support does not work
First, it should be easier for employers to sign up for their companies. Second, the support system is terrible with no one that an employer can contact for help. Do not understand why a system is put in place to help others be successful in life but is not a user-friendly system?
Morgan Kesman | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Handshake in a variety of different ways, but I would say it primarily allows us to reach entry-level candidates for the majority of our open roles. We heavily use the job posting features, as well as the outreach/sourcing capabilities to connect with students virtually across the country.
  • Compiling all company users into one account.
  • Job posting and visibility
  • Email campaigns
  • Searching functionality
  • Integrations with ATS
  • Expanded demographic pool of candidates
- Well suited for mass outreach to entry-level candidates, can bulk send to many people at one time.
- Not as beneficial for specific sourcing/searching of candidate qualifications.
- Easy to send job postings to a wide array of schools.
- Can bulk post.
- Can be difficult to manage a large number of messages/responses from candidates.
March 07, 2022

Wast of Time

The only resumes Handshake has matched with our company are not even close to meeting our educational requirements, or they are 2 or more years old. We offer good jobs for students and new grads but have not had any matches through this website. Applicants are either in a different profession or posted their resumes in 2019 or 2020.
  • Lead you to believe they actually try to find staff who are a good match.
  • They can improve on communication with employers other than trying to upsell.
We have tried to use Handshake for several years with absolutely no success. We also wonder if job seekers are being properly coached regarding writing a cover letter, sending a message to potential employers, or even bothering to research the company in which they show interest. There seems to be a complete lack of instruction or initiative in these areas.
October 13, 2021

Game Changer

Melanie Hyatt-Wilfong | TrustRadius Reviewer
Game changer!! We have used this for various positions. Some entry level but mostly for higher level position at all of our locations. From Directors to Store Level Buyers. It saves me so much time!! We have always taken advantage of schools in the our various areas of business. This is a one-stop shop.
  • Quick communication to many different colleges and universities.
  • Time saving.
  • Setting up the dates can be confusing.
  • For "Time" setting. I do not think the minute detail is needed.
I am part of a larger grocer retail group from different companies across the country. I have recommended Handshake to all of them. Most had never known about the site until I told them. Being able to contact colleges and universities in one place has been the best thing to save me time and money!!
We registered with Handshake to engage with Universities across the UK, to recruit graduates for a marketing position in the Trust. Handshake allowed us to post one job across multiple Universities, without having to write the job multiple times.
  • Multiple universities in one place.
  • Free to access for employers.
  • The Trust Score for employers is deeply flawed.
  • The interface is difficult to navigate.
  • The .com and .co.uk domains do not talk to each other or redirect.
  • Their customer support is fast at responding, but is not able to provide the resolutions needed.
For a small business looking to recruit graduates, Handshake is outright obstructive. Even if a University chooses to engage with you and trust you, the platform's algorithms can still block you from accessing their students. The company insist that the scoring system is weighted to accommodate all types of employers, my experience is that this is far from the case. This platform is only suitable for large businesses with multiple jobs to post, and with significant HR resources. I've never found posting a job so difficult.
We use handshake with a few of the local colleges to recruit for job openings we have within our company.
  • Easy to upload job description
  • Easy step by step instructions to post
  • Easy to get applicants resumes
  • None at this time
I think Handshake is a straightforward application to use when posting for jobs. I also like that you can post to multiple schools with just one easy click. So convenient not to have to do numerous postings for each school.
Handshake is, overall, an excellent product to use for our recruiting needs.
We actively use this product for the recruitment of college students. It allows me to post a job across multiple college job boards and allows students to apply. This is for internal hiring but our external recruiters also use it since they do a lot of work with recent college graduates.
  • Allows you to reach multiple colleges with one click.
  • Good visibility for college students.
  • Can send follow-up messages to college contacts.
  • From an employer perspective, it is very difficult to navigate and just has a horrible interface.
  • I can send messages but can't tell if they're received or seen. For instance, if a college declines to post a job and I ask why, I usually just hear no reply. I'm not sure why but maybe they don't see it?
  • When I receive an application, it doesn't tell me what school it's from so if I have a job posted to twenty colleges, I have to scroll them all, find it, make sure it's not a duplicate, and then review. It's tedious.
  • There are multiple users in my company who set up the account and used their local office information as opposed to HQ information and I'm unable to change it.
It's well suited when you are looking for students that are either recent college graduates or seniors getting ready to graduate and looking for that first job. You need to keep this in mind as you won't find the experience that you're looking for but could find some really strong students looking to make an impact.
There are a lot of shortcomings but so many schools use it that it makes it worth it. If you want to post to a bunch of schools at once, that's the way to do it.
Jason Smith, DPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a small liberal arts college and we use it to recruit student workers for student employment and work study. We share the "workspace" with six other colleges which are geographically connected. For example, if one posts a student job at Pomona College, it would then be seen at all the sister colleges if one so desires. Handshake is also used by undergrads under the guise of the Career Services Office. I can not comment on that usage therefore I will focus on how we use it to recruit students for on campus employment.
  • It gets the word out that you need to fill a position.
  • It seems that students can easily search and find jobs with the system.
  • From my point of view, one who posts the jobs, Handshake is just overly complicated.
  • From a default configuration, this thing about killed my email in-box. Way too chatty.
If you want a ton of job applications that come at you in a chaotic manner and are hard to keep track of, and lots of stress, then Handshake is for you. Handshake seems like it is making an effort to solve every type of problem and offer every kind of feature. However, it does few tasks well. I might add that our implementation that uses a total of 7 schools makes things 7x more complicated. For example, if I modify something it can get really confusing.
Well, support was a no-go. It seems that our institution put some office guy in charge of the product and we got to call and ask questions if needed. We had some introduction training also. What really annoys me about our implementation of Handshake is that everything seemed like a kludgy work-around to get anything done.
Maureen Trattner | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Handshake to find seniors in college, looking for roles after they graduate. Our department in HR is only utilizing it. Because college fairs cost a lot of money, we use Handshake to attract students without paying for all the travel/ cost of fair. If we do decide to go to a fair, we still use Handshake to reach out to students beforehand and set up meetings to make the most of our time at the fair
  • Organizing student data
  • Customer service
  • Not every school in there
  • Not all students listed
Handshake is excellent for recruiting teams that are heavy into recruiting campus talent. Handshake wouldn’t be as useful for people looking for candidates with more experience. It’s a good fit for people who don’t have a huge budget to go to a bunch of college fairs around the country. You have access to the students right there.
It is good support-they always have someone there ready to answer your questions. They are very knowledgeable about the product. The only reason why I would have shaved off a couple of points is that I felt they were always trying to sell us on certain things up. I wish they would answer the question without continuing to sell us.
Kristi Porter | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've used Handshake for the past two years to find interns. In fact, it was a previous intern who told me about it in the first place. I'm a solopreneur, so having a couple of extra hands is extremely beneficial, and I knew I could make a great learning experience for an intern as well. I'm a copywriter and marketing consultant, so most of my interns have been PR and marketing majors. And I like the fact that I can target specific schools. Since I work by and for myself, having interns has been terrific in getting an additional perspective for my business.
  • I like that I can target specific schools.
  • I like that I can interact with the university's career department to improve my listing, get feedback, and have them help promote internally.
  • It's not an intuitive system. Even after using it for two years, I forget where features are from time-to-time when I need to edit or make updates.
  • As compared to another site I use, it's a little confusing to figure out where you should add when you're accepting applicants and when the internship starts and finishes.
Handshake is mostly suited for internships or entry-level positions since you can also target recent graduates. Internships can be paid or unpaid, short, long, or whatever you need. But descriptions need to be well thought out and clear, or the university may not approve it. Handshake would not be suitable, I don't think, for trying to find employees more than a year out of college. I don't think of it as a regular job posting site.
I don't think I've had to contact support for Handshake before. I have interacted with the university contacts on multiple occasions, and that is always helpful, even if they don't approve my post. (ex: If I have to provide equipment) I've recommend Handshake to multiple people, and I don't think any of them have contacted support before either. I guess that's a good thing!
Mackenzie Rodgers | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Handshake to connect with university faculty, staff, and students in order to set up events and provide information about our product. Often times we advertise on university Handshake pages so that students of that school will RSVP to the event and we can accurately gauge attendance.
  • Connecting providers and opportunities directly with interested students.
  • Gives legitimacy to a program or company when shared by their school.
  • Provides visibility to companies who otherwise would not be able to reach students via other online platforms.
  • User roles are difficult to transfer from one company to another. I have been unable to figure out how to transfer my account to the new company page.
  • Gaining approval to join a network or company is often a slow process and can compromise the task at hand. For example, the admin of my company account had left the company and it took several weeks to absolve the issue.
  • I would like to see Handshake more visible in the social media world. Until working with a higher education company, I didn't know Handshake existed, because my university didn't use it. I think it could be more widely marketed.
It has been helpful for my job in instances when setting up an on-campus event requires publicity and the ability to collect an RSVP. One way that it has not been super successful is in instances where we use it to directly contact students. I don't know if this has just been in cases where students don't stay on top of their Handshake correspondences, but it has been one area where we have not had as much luck.
We use Handshake to recruit from local and non-local colleges and universities for intern and entry-level positions in the fields of graphic design, industrial design, management information systems, finance, human resources, logistics, marketing, and information technology. Our interns do project-based work that aligns with their major and then present to a team at our company at the end of the semester on their findings. Projects can range from product design to a full marketing plan for a consumer segment. We find Handshake to be the best way to reach the target audience at a minimal cost. The product is very user-friendly and easy to use/understand. You can post to one or multiple schools at a time, which is a very nice feature.
  • Ease of use
  • Ability to connect with schools
  • Ability to target the right students
  • The approval process can be lengthy to post a position
Very well-suited to intern and entry-level recruiting. Not suited for advanced positions. The software allows us to find any type of student that meets our changing business needs. Our interns work in every facet of our business each semester and do a project that can add to their portfolio/resume and, at the same time, adds value to our business.