Toast Reviews

Do you work for this company?

Jayelynn Willman profile photo
August 31, 2019

Worth Every Penny!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our business recently made the switch to Toast after two years with another point-of-sale system and I couldn't be happier.

The software is Droid based, which made me uncomfortable at first as I've never operated one before. It is incredibly easy to use and allows me to update the system remotely from my smartphone or my laptop. They offer handheld devices, that even with the card reader, can fit in an apron or back pocket. They do their own credit card processing in-house so there is no dealing with a third party. They have several partners that offer a variety of services - mass texting, payroll processing, etc. that integrate with the system.

We've been extremely pleased with the customer service aspect as well. They were able to get everything processed, set up, equipment sent to me, and training completed in less than two weeks. Everyone that I dealt with during the process was extremely easy to work with and incredibly helpful.

I've already recommended this system to several of our restaurant friends and I will continue to do so.
Read Jayelynn Willman's full review
Erin Thorp profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use ToastPOS at our Pizza shop in Boulder, CO. Our partnership with Toast began in October 2015 (we were a very early client of theirs), and I should mention it's the first POS system we've ever used; previously a pen & paper shop. A digital POS allows us to access Sales reporting at any moment so we can find patterns in sales/labor that point to suggested operation modifications much more quickly than before. We also use it as a tool for sales projections that help us with scheduling our staff. We now have easily accessible records of every transaction, and processing our monthly financials is a much more accurate and enjoyable experience.
Read Erin Thorp's full review
Jennifer Dryer profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Toast is used by the customer service team in each bakery. This includes management and customer service positions. It allows us to efficiently and easily ring guests up, checking them out for their items and allowing them to choose tip amounts, choice of receipt delivery (email, phone number, printed, or no receipt) and more.
Read Jennifer Dryer's full review
Jonathan Arbitman profile photo
December 19, 2018

Toast POS

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We have been using Toast as our POS for almost 3 years. It is deployed in the entire organization and has served us very well. We use it to handle all orders and for our employee time clock.
Read Jonathan Arbitman's full review
Tanya Li profile photo
December 24, 2018

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Toast is the POS system we use for all 8 of our locations.
Read Tanya Li's full review
Marie Schlump profile photo
August 08, 2018

Toast is great

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Toast is our 3rd POS in 3 years & I'm happy to say, our last one! One of the main reasons we selected Toast was for the integrated Online Ordering & it works beautifully. Shows our customized menu on our website, customers order & pay online & their ticket fires directly to the kitchen. It also shows on main terminal, so cashiers know there is an online order too.

We also use the fully integrated Loyalty/Gift Card program & that works great also. Customers can purchase gift cards online & a digital card is emailed to recipient & the purchaser gets email when the gift card is opened, so they know the gift card was received.

It is also easy to make price changes or edits on the fly with Toast. Very simple to learn & they have well-produced training materials for staff & managers. A lot of data is reported but you're able to customize how you see the data you want. Easy to track employees sign ins & outs too. I pull 1 report to run payroll & its a breeze. Previously, I've had to pull a report from another POS, configure it to a format that made sense & then edit out what I didn't need.

Honestly, I can't say enough about how great Toast is; sales process & on-boarding were pretty easy & they even send a person to setup the hardware!!

Read Marie Schlump's full review
Nathan Kung profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Toast as our Point of Sale system. It is an impressive total POS solution that has simplified many of our workflows. It handles time tracking, sales, credit card processing, reporting, customer loyalty programs, and other things it can handle we just have not implemented them yet, like inventory.
Read Nathan Kung's full review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

My company used Toast and to be honest I genuinely loved the service. As their supervisor I spent months learning the system, if I had any questions I could call customer service and I was relieved to find out that Toast has an extensive FAQ section where they cover almost everything! Highly recommend!!
William Johns profile photo
July 27, 2017

ALL IN FOR TOAST

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are using toast as our point of sale. It is great. We used to use Breadcrumb for our POS and Shown for online ordering until we saw that Toast is all in one. It is great for keeping inventory, looking at the breakdown of sales and payments, pretty much all accounting.
Read William Johns's full review

About Toast

Toast is a restaurant management point-of-sale platform for tablets.

Toast Technical Details