https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Ee/Or/F6GEIFDCU94T.PNGTrueSight Metrics Meets Meters MagnificentlyMy company as a whole is fairly large. I however am the systems administrator of a smaller portion of the company, called the Remote Operations Center. I have been using TrueSight Pulse for the past 2 years to monitor my server health on the servers that support some critical systems. It is a great tool to have, as I always have access to the interface to see the graphs and usage that my servers resources are using. I like the email alert feature as well as it allows me to get notified if any resources are high.,I always have access to the interface to see the graphs and usage that my servers resources are using. I like the email alert feature as it allows me to get notified if any resources, CPU, disk, memory, etc are reaching threshold levels. I like the ability to add different meters and being able to adjust the notifications within the UI.,The interface is functional and adaptable but I kind of wish it looked like its predecessor Patrol Monitor. It is somewhat hard to understand the integrations into the UI. Hoping for more metric choices.,9,Positive in alert notifications. Positive in keeping environment up time. Positive in being able to monitor various metrics and meters.A simple cloud hosted solution for time series dataWe use Pulse for performance and availability monitoring across all of our servers that demand real-time monitoring. Pulse is used primarily by our NOC to review current load as well as historical loads.,Real-time high-resolution metric monitoring. Data can be collected and viewed at 1-second resolution. Visualization of line charts Cloud hosted,Pulse lacks the ability to have multi-level filters for viewing data. You can only build a dashboard containing particular metrics then you can change what instances are displayed on those charts. It would be nice to be able to have dropdowns to select categories of instances within other categories. It would also be nice to have instances of metrics (i.e. % processor time for processor 1, 2, 3, 4, etc rather than the current single % processor time). The only way to do this right now is to create 1 metric per instance (i.e. % processor time.1, % processor time.2, % processor time.3, etc). Alarms can only be built at a single severity level. Alarm configuration is pretty limited. User permissions are lacking. There are 'user' and 'admin' permission levels, but that is it. There is no way to define permissions based upon particular actions (like creating dashboards, or creating metrics). You're just either an 'admin' or you're not an 'admin'.,7,It has had a great impact because it provides our NOC a central location where they can go to view historical data without having to RDP into servers. It has allowed us to have a cloud hosted location where we can POST custom alerts into that can then be pulled into our private hosted alerting solutions.,Datadog
TrueSight Pulse

TrueSight Pulse Reviews

TrueSight Pulse
Filter 2 vetted TrueSight Pulse reviews and ratings
Andrew Kawczynski profile photo
March 14, 2018

TrueSight Pulse Review: "TrueSight Metrics Meets Meters Magnificently"

• I always have access to the interface to see the graphs and usage that my servers resources are using.
  • I like the email alert feature as it allows me to get notified if any resources, CPU, disk, memory, etc are reaching threshold levels.
  • I like the ability to add different meters and being able to adjust the notifications within the UI.
  • The interface is functional and adaptable but I kind of wish it looked like its predecessor Patrol Monitor.
  • It is somewhat hard to understand the integrations into the UI.
  • Hoping for more metric choices.
Well suited when server monitoring, not well suited for non system administrators. Need to have server knowledge to get full understanding of product.
Read Andrew Kawczynski's full review
March 14, 2018

TrueSight Pulse Review: "A simple cloud hosted solution for time series data"

• Real-time high-resolution metric monitoring. Data can be collected and viewed at 1-second resolution.
  • Visualization of line charts
  • Cloud hosted
  • Pulse lacks the ability to have multi-level filters for viewing data. You can only build a dashboard containing particular metrics then you can change what instances are displayed on those charts. It would be nice to be able to have dropdowns to select categories of instances within other categories. It would also be nice to have instances of metrics (i.e. % processor time for processor 1, 2, 3, 4, etc rather than the current single % processor time). The only way to do this right now is to create 1 metric per instance (i.e. % processor time.1, % processor time.2, % processor time.3, etc).
  • Alarms can only be built at a single severity level. Alarm configuration is pretty limited.
  • User permissions are lacking. There are 'user' and 'admin' permission levels, but that is it. There is no way to define permissions based upon particular actions (like creating dashboards, or creating metrics). You're just either an 'admin' or you're not an 'admin'.
Pulse is great for people that want a cloud hosted platform for monitoring time series data. You can post as many metrics as often as you want into Pulse. Pulse is also great for basic alerting functionality.

TrueSight Pulse Scorecard Summary

About TrueSight Pulse

TrueSight Pulse is a SaaS solution for real-time infrastructure monitoring of web-scale applications built in the cloud or on-premise servers. The vendor says their ultra-lightweight meter (<1% CPU) requires no code, has almost no latency and offers true one-second monitoring, visualization and alerting. TrueSight Pulse is language and technology agnostic and supports public and private clouds, VMs or physical servers. Users can alert on any metric and customize dashboards. Pulse supports full AWS integration and has a robust, well-documented API. The vendor says deployment is so easy that users can start seeing live data in less than 2 minutes from when they first sign up.

TrueSight Pulse Features

Has featureOne second monitoring, visualization and alerting
Has featureFull AWS integration
Has feature40+ plugins including Chef, Puppet, Docker, PagerDuty
Has featureCustom metrics and dashboards

TrueSight Pulse Screenshots

TrueSight Pulse Integrations

Apache Web Server, Amazon CloudWatch, Cassandra, CouchDB, Docker, Elasticsearch, HBase, MongoDB, MySQL, Nginx, PostgreSQL, Redis, Chef, Campfire, CA Flowdock, HipChat, PagerDuty, Slack, VictorOps, HAProxy, OpsGenie, xMatters, Puppet Enterprise (formerly Puppet Data Center Automation), Forkrate, Kafka, Litespeed, RabbitMQ

TrueSight Pulse Competitors

Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
Standard$8month
Advanced$12month

Pricing reflect discount for annual subscription. Month to month pricing is $12 for Standard, $15 for Advanced

TrueSight Pulse Support Options