Overall Satisfaction with AppRiver
We use AppRiver SecureTide to filter email for our own company, and we use it to protect our Managed Services Clients as well. We include AppRiver Email filtering for all of our managed clients. Utilizing AppRiver (after hosting our own spam filtering solution for many clients) made protecting our clients and ourselves so much better. We stop the vast majority of spam outright, and what is questionable is summarized for review by the end users. We've evalutaed a number of other solutions over the years and have never had a reason to change from AppRiver.
We also resell Office 365 and encrypted email services via AppRiver.
- Ease of management for a MSP. Even though there is no integration w/ PSA tools currently, I don't see this as a negative. The management is multi-tenant and simple to navigate.
- Support via chat is fast and very competent. Only downside is they are just available during extended business hours, not 24x7 on the chat.
- Reselling Office 365 is very simple and gives us an advantage over our competitors. Includes pre sales support and post sale support.
- Encrypted email services act much like others, it works very well and includes and Outlook Plug in to make it obvious you intend to send messaged encrypted.
- Email continuity. Email queuing is included, so if your onsite server goes down, mail queues at the spam filter until service is restored. You can step it up w/ their email continuity service which give you access to your mail at the spam filter in cases where your mail server is down for an extended period of time.
- It would be nice if the billing was integrated into our PSA tool (ConnectWise) for ease of billing. Since we've been doing this for so long, we just wrapped the cost of spam filtering into the base price of our services. As we add more Office 365 clients, this feature would help us keep up with billing better.
- There is still a separate portal for provisioning. I'd like to see this all on one place.
- AppRiver has reduced the time we spend on addressing spam and email borne viruses by at least 95%. Back in the early/mid 2000's, we spent hours a week dealing w/ spam, now its a few minutes a month, mostly approving whitelist requests and helping clients w/ misunderstandings about why something was blocked by the spam filter.
- We make decent margins on Office 365 and the provisioning time has been easily cut by two thirds for new clients.
- Probably the largest impact is the lack of time we spend managing the solution. When managing your own spam filter, it needs care and feeding. With AppRiver, once you get someone signed up, you don't have to manage the tool.