Overall Satisfaction with Articulate Storyline
It is used to write eLearning in house for compliance and some technical learning sessions. It is also increasingly being used for developing softskills - i.e. embedding knowledge after a face-to-face event. We have topics including: grammar, anti-money-laundering, pensions, information security, sales etc.
It is used by our learning and development team here and then made available to all staff for reference.
- Easy-to-use: it is similar to PowerPoint in terms of interface, but obviously does a lot more from an eLearning point of view.
- It publishes content to HTML - this makes it really easy to deploy training to global offices from one site in the UK.
- It has some great built in features which make creating interactive/engaging learning really easy.
- Great for creating branching scenarios - where certain actions lead to differing results.
- Fantastic online help in the form of the eLearning Heroes community run by Articulate - always on hand to help and provide loads of free material to help with projects.
- Would benefit from more varied motion options - to enable some cartoon-making ability.
- Would like to see a better selection of online shapes to avoid having to create your own.
- Make it easier for users to report bugs/suggest changes.
- No need to use expensive compliance eLearning from suppliers as off-the-shelf items - which means we save money (saved approximately £60,000 in 2014). Also no need to pay externally for any re-work required as changes are made in-house.
- Sales course for renewals has improved renewal ratios by 10% in 3 months.
- Employees see RELEVANT eLearning examples, with company specific examples/scenarios and feedback shows that engagement and completion rates are 100% in last 3 years.
Captivate - more expensive and the user interface was more complex and difficult to pick up. Also had less functionality.