Overall Satisfaction with Articulate
Our entire organization is currently using Articulate Online to access training materials. We were having trouble getting training to all employees since a good portion of them travel on a regular basis, Articulate has helped solve that problem. With Studio '13 I am able to make interactive training and upload it to Articulate Online for it to be accessed anywhere, anytime.
- Ease of use. Even if you have had no experience with an e-learning system before, everything with Articulate is very user friendly.
- Customizing the end user experience. You have the ability to control the end screen that the user sees. I like this because not every presentation requires a table of contents, menu, play back bar, sound bar, etc. All of these things are removable allowing for the end user to focus on the training instead of the extra noise on the page.
- Quiz creation. This is an important feature for me to use in making sure the content is understood. Articulate offers an array of question templates that makes it easy to just drop in my content instead of starting from scratch every time.
- Interactivity. While I do love Articulate Studio's interactive elements, I feel this could be improved going forward. Currently you are almost limited to the transitions and animations provided with PowerPoint, any additional interactivity can be added but is a process to add animation on top of animation to achieve the desired effect.
- Better customer service. For our traveling employees the training is in their hands more quickly than before and the new techniques are being used in the field quicker than before.
- Increased workload. Due to the ease of use of the program, the time to make a training/presentation has been decreased allowing other projects to be completed.
- Increased accountability. Making use of the quiz portion of the Studio package has helped keep employees accountable for their training. The"I didn't know" excuse is rarely used since Articulate Online has reporting that will show what content has been reviewed and how much has been reviewed.
Ask about who your target audience is and understanding how that audience learns. We have 2 departments that we train with Articulate, one benefits more from interactive training and one more from just reading the material. Articulate Studio is geared more toward the less interactive side, while Articulate Storyline is completely interactive. This would have been helpful information for me before purchasing.