Overall Satisfaction with Blackboard Collaborate
I have used Blackboard Collaborate at a previous institution as well as the current institution I am at. My current school uses Blackboard Collaborate across our whole campus as a tool for meetings of various groups. We are a distributed institution so it is very heavily used. We also use it with our students since we are primarily an online college.
- Very easy to launch
- Lot's of tools available to communicate/interact, (emoticons, chat, voice, hand raise).
- Simple interface - easy to navigate and use.
- Have a more detailed polling option that allows you to add questions in with the answers instead of using the whiteboard or PowerPoint.
- Ability to play a video simultaneously.
- Employee efficiency.
- Office Hours – Allows the college to maintain its model of minimizing physical space needs for our huge adjunct base.
- Attracting Higher Quality Speakers - One faculty member estimated a potential savings of $3,000-$4,000 by inviting guest experts in his field to his class via Collaborate. Being able to bring these rich learning opportunities to a classroom is invaluable to the learning process.