Overall Satisfaction with CA Customer Experience Manager (CEM)
CA Wily identifies the potential performance problems by analyzing the user transactions when we do performance testing of scalable web apps and thus allows the organization to understand and respond to the end user, which is within organization. It addresses all the performance issues in the configuration of middle ware architecture like connections to the database, active number of threads in the application server, heap usage and memory leak issues.
- Heap Consumption in the Application servers and its traces throughout the test scenarios.
- Active number of database connections from application server to the database server.
- It provides the CPU usage in the JVM and also provides if all the instances of application server are having load while running the test on the load balancing server.
- Traces the active number of threads in each node of application server.
- To kill the thread explicitly in the server as per our need.
- To explicitly invoke the garbage collection so as to monitor the load as per our desire.
- Sampling frequency to be reduced to get more deterministic of some counters.
- Determine the first response byte from the server.
- One APM solution can manage application systems distributed across many data centers, ones you own, and ones that you do not. The APM solution simply follows your application around. If you use VMware vMotion to move a VM that contains a Java application, the APM solution simply adjusts.
- You benefit from the combination of the hosted back end and the Agile development practices of the APM vendor. If the APM vendor only has to enhance and maintain one copy of the back end, that back end can be evolved much more quickly than if the vendor has to ship software to customers and then support multiple back releases. So with an APM as a Service offering, the value of the offering simply improves over time at a faster rate than with on premise software.
- We do not have to install and maintain an application system and its associated middleware and databases in order to manage your applications. There is only one back end and it is managed by the vendor.
CA Application Performance Management (APM) is the solution global brands trust to proactively identify and resolve performance and availability issues across physical, virtual, cloud, and mobile applications. CA APM is easy, proactive, intelligent and collaborative, so every user transaction becomes a loyalty-building interaction. CA Application Performance Management is an application lifecycle management solution for businesses of all sizes while we tried to use Dynatrace but as we get more familiar with CA Wily by the time we analyzed Dynatrace, we were interested to use it and see the results how it goes.
CA Wily is well suited for monitoring the load balanced application nodes and determine their main performance bottlenecks like if problem exists in heap or in some connection issues. But I think when it comes to providing the entire report of the application, it is less appropriate as there is no way to create the entire report of the test for all the counters monitored. Also there is no way to detect some issues based on the system configuration.