Overall Satisfaction with CodeSignal
I have used Codesignal for giving a lot of Online Assessments during my internship hunt. The coding platform is usually used by a lot of companies for their Software Engineering, Data Science, and Analyst roles. I have come across 2 key versions where it's either proctored or not proctored based on the specific companies requirement. For software engineering roles, the quality of the questions is quite good. Most assessments that I have given have varied from Easy to Medium level questions. Very rarely did I come across a hard question on the test. One particular thing that annoyed me the most was their UI. After each question, I had to go back and choose another question. This made it very difficult to switch between the questions in case I get stuck. The color theme of the editor and compiler was really nice. However, while giving Data Science tests based on SQL, I didn't find the platform to be very intuitive. It lacked a lot of test cases and the compiler didn't highlight the errors properly. The experience for SQL should be much better especially while deploying your custom test cases.
- Good quality questions for Software Engineering
- Code Editor and Time ticker warning
- One of the best platforms to give a proctored tests
- Good color theme for the editor and plenty of programming language support
- Switching between questions is quite a tedious task
- SQL questions and compiler are not efficient at all
- Custom test cases
- Scoring Results
- Quick Compilation for almost all the programming languages (used Java, C++, and Python)
- Time given is appropriate to the level of questions asked in the test
- Very quick in giving results
- No additional software requirements for proctored tests
- A proper walk through before you start your test really helps to familiarize yourself
Gives a score for how much ever test cases are passed A much better editor and color theme. UI is really better than any other product Quicker compilation than HackerRank and many other Online Assessment platforms. Do not lag or ask for any additional package installation while giving a proctored test.
Do you think CodeSignal delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with CodeSignal's feature set?
Did CodeSignal live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of CodeSignal go as expected?
Would you buy CodeSignal again?
Appropriate for testing Competitive coding skills for Software Engineering roles. I was really impressed by the quality of the questions in the test. The scoring system also really helps to know how well you did in the test. It is not appropriate in situations where you want to switch between questions quite often. Also, the SQL and Machine Learning section needs a lot of improvement.