Overall Satisfaction with ConnectWise
- Service Desk Ticket System - Keeps track of all communications between techs and end users. All the details are known from a company level vs. needing to ask techs what they have in their email box.
- Dispatch Portal - We use this to dispatch all work to techs and know who is working on what at what time.
- Agreement or Contract Management - Techs don't need to know when users call or email in whether something is or is not covered. They can concentrate on the users' experience - getting help and working with them to solve technology problems.
- Project Management - We run all projects through the ConnectWise project management module to keep track of all phases, tickets and tasks. We have a lot of templates created so we can apply them based on needs.
- Invoicing - We invoice all of our clients from ConnectWise. We email all invoices to the client and then sync the invoices to QuickBooks for accounting to process receivables.
- Configurations - Configurations are used to document your clients information. We can document all devices on the network which is synced from our RMM tool. When a device is added to the monitoring system, the device is then auto created within a few seconds in ConnectWise. Configurations are also used to document everything about the client from accounts, vendors, applications, backup types, domain registrations, and phone systems.
- Chat - We use ConnectWise chat system on a limited use and hope this will take off in the near future.
- Overall ConnectWise keeps all stakeholders accountable from clients, techs, internal management, and owners.
- ConnectWise is a good listener to the partners. We are involved at a level to give good feedback on new enhancements and items that need to be fixed.
- Client Portal needs a major upgrade to the interface and usability.
- Chat - Needs work done to make it a great product. Really need to make the use of the portal and chat together. We have been part of the first roll out and adoption has been very difficult with end users. The cost is also something that needs to change as we had remote control within chat and now with that going to ScreenConnect, 50-75% of the functionality moved to a new product that we have to pay for thus, chat should go down in price since functionality is removed. I have tried to express this many times.
- While more of ConnectWise is going to the web interface, I would like them to continue stay with an application based interface. I've been there with a web based interface and it's not a great place to be.
- ConnectWise Management - I manage the ConnectWise system and the overall setup grows each year. You can't really implement everything at once. You need to implement parts at a time to really understand how things work.
- Manage Clients
- Manage Projects
- Manage Multiple Locations
- Manage Time Tracking and Billing
- Manage Scheduling and Dispatch
- The biggest impact is the ability to communicate everything from within ConnectWise. All details of the communication are in ConnectWise. This has made us WAY more efficient at solving issues.
- We do have more accurate time details and can manage more KPIs on how we are doing so that we can make better decisions on the next 12-18 months.
- The overall thing ConnectWise software has brought is efficiency and it gave us the ability to scale the company. We have been able to add more clients and not as many staff to support those clients.
We are involved in all the community events. We participate in IT Nation, maybe [on a ] larger [basis] than anyone as we send 5 staff members or 20% of our staff to the event to learn what we can do better and also confirm what we are doing. We take the owner, leadership, project management, dispatch, and engineers to IT Nation.
We use the ConnectWise University to access other partners who post to the forums on issues and things they are doing. We also use it to train and learn more about what we can do with the product. The university is well put together to get documentation and watch videos on how to do things.
There are also user group meetings and we attend some of them. The travel is a bit far for a 1 day event.
Usability Pros and Cons
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Ticket System
- Project Management