Criteo Dynamic Retargeting Review
April 11, 2019
Criteo Dynamic Retargeting Review
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Criteo Dynamic Retargeting
The company where I am currently working for, we use Criteo Dynamic Retargeting to re-engage lost paying clients who are not playing our games anymore but at least they paid a certain amount of money in the past. The product itself is just used by the marketing department but we analyze all the data regarding the campaigns with the data team. Thanks to the pool of data from all the partners of Criteo we are able to retarget those people just with an email address.
- You are able to access to their data pool, to build audiences with just an email list (encrypted and hashed)
- Easy to use platform and easy way to analyze data from the dashboard. Everyone could manage the dashboard easily enough to surf through the data and understand the performance. Also you have the help of your account manager.
- The powerful algorithm drives good results for your company, without too much effort. And they are continuously improving with new features (design types, campaigns, platform, mobile / app products ...)
- Support for testing all of the integration of the events to check if data is well received. Google Chrome extension, testing mode inside the dashboard with error detection and also the help of your account manager + technical stuff.
- Not for small companies because you have to spend a minimum amount of money for each campaign in order to ensure that the algorithm could work in the right way but also it's a logic reason.
- Account managers sometimes are not active enough to answer my emails in the first 48 hours, probably Criteo needs to automate some stuff to not need anymore account managers for everything (new campaings, new designs of creatives....)
- Creative types could improve much more, specially with video features. Video is the future and they need to work much more in that direction.
- Criteo Dynamic Retargeting gives us very good results and positive ROI on our active campaigns with them. Overall we are pretty happy with them and looking to do more campaigns with them.
- We are also looking to test new things with them in order to get better ROI such us new video creatives, new mobile app campaigns for our app games & also how the app retargeting products work!
- We should point out that as a company we are analyzing results as a 'last click' attribution model and if you only look to the data from the dashboard it's different. But also both have good ROI for the campaigns.
- Also your account manager is always looking for recommendations of new CPC options or going for the ARO (automation of the bid) to optimize it.
When I entered the company, they were are also using Criteo but it wasn't optimized at all. I know from the past working with Criteo in other companies that they deliver good ROI results so that why we decided to optimize the campaigns with Criteo and spend more of our budget on them. 1 year later, the results are here ;) super happy with them.
Criteo Dynamic Retargeting is well suited for every kind of action related to hot leads / customers regarding your business. It's a good way to increase the conversion rates of the funnel and always works really well for that kind of audience. On the other hand, you need to ensure that you have built a minimum size audience to let the algorithm work properly.