THE most powerful set of PDF creation and editing tools out there!
Updated March 19, 2021

THE most powerful set of PDF creation and editing tools out there!

Software Version

Power PDF Standard

Overall Satisfaction with Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF)

As a tax software programmer, I use Power PDF in my organization to "disassemble" scanned copies of state tax forms for recreation in our software products. Power PDF lets me easily turn those scans into editable items, the text of which can be easily copied and pasted into my program's code, which saves me TONS of time, eliminating the need to retype form text, which in turn reduces the chances of typographical error immensely.
  • File format conversion: converting scanned jpg or pdf to Word for copy/paste functionality.
  • OCR accuracy
  • Sometimes some of the advanced editing functions are difficult for me to find, but it is generally easily resolved by a quick help file search.
  • Positive: The largest thing for me has to be time savings when reproducing state tax forms.
For basic file conversion functionality, Power PDF is extremely easy and intuitive to use. As I mentioned previously, some of the editing tools were/are a little tricky for me to find, but the help search has always resolved that for me, so far.
I've only used one other PDF editor, Corel PDFfusion. In short, it's not nearly as powerful as Power PDF. It is a bit easier to use for very simple tasks, but likewise, isn't capable of some of the more advanced editing. Inasmuch, I find myself consistently using Power PDF.

Do you think Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)'s feature set?

Did Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) go as expected?

Would you buy Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) again?

First and foremost is file format conversion. Converting a scanned jpg or pdf file into an editable Word document. Secondly, perhaps would be the formtyper ability, just turning a PDF file into a fillable form.
It's extremely well suited for what I use it for—namely, converting scanned tax forms into editable documents. I really cannot think of a scenario where it might be applicable, but less appropriate than another solution.