Overall Satisfaction with Palo Alto Networks Virtualized Next-Generation Firewalls - VM Series
The Palo Alto Networks Virtualized Next-Generation Firewall is deployed at one of our customers' datacenter. It is serving as a parameter firewall and a site-to-site VPN gateway. It is running Global Protect for management access out of band access. The firewall protects against threats via websites and emails. Any attempts to breach the firewall is logged and an email is sent to all administrators including management and a ticket is logged.
- Sink holing access to command and control threats
- Deep packet inspection
- Secure remote access VPN via Global protect
- High Availability can be improved to allow active-active deployment
- All command line documentation to provide and support automation
- It will be nice to have link aggregation just like in the hardware firewall models.
- The ability for the firewall to dynamically update its threat database means that the business has less risk since the firewall is capable of blocking known and unknown threats and that increase the business's Return on Investment.
- Backups and restores take a few minutes to accomplish which reduces engineering costs to the business.
- Network reporting and visibility provided by the firewall allows us to rely on this firewall only rather than having to deploy additional software to monitor and report on the network, that alone allows the business to save on other software costs and realize a big margin on ROI provided the Palo Alto Networks Virtualized Next-Generation Firewall.
The above firewalls are great but the Palo Alto is the king. The Palo Alto does everything from layer 3 to layer 7. It gives visibility to the network, unlike other firewalls. When configured properly it will monitor and report on each and every packet that enters and leaves the network. If there is a compromised computer on a network Palo Alto can identify it and alert the administrators and block the computer from accessing the network until the administrator has taken a look at the computer, and cleaned it up of malware or viruses first.
Do you think Palo Alto Networks Virtualized Next-Generation Firewalls - VM Series delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Palo Alto Networks Virtualized Next-Generation Firewalls - VM Series's feature set?
Did Palo Alto Networks Virtualized Next-Generation Firewalls - VM Series live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Palo Alto Networks Virtualized Next-Generation Firewalls - VM Series go as expected?
Would you buy Palo Alto Networks Virtualized Next-Generation Firewalls - VM Series again?
With the coming of cloud computing, this firewall can be deployed in most public and private clouds. Be it AWS, Azure, Google cloud, VMWARE, or Hyper-V it works well in all these scenarios. Daily snapshots can easily be taken from which a rollback can be done if there is a need to restore the firewall to a previously known working state. The flexibility of this firewall makes it more favorable for use in today's environments.