Overall Satisfaction with PlanGrid
PlanGrid allows us to be incredibly mobile while still having access to up to date blueprint information. All employees at Novo use PlanGrid. PlanGrid has multiple tools that allow us to be extremely efficient on the job. Overlay is a new feature that I use often. In one situation I was able to locate where a roof leak was coming from by overlaying the RCP and mechanical roof plan. I found there was a leak near a newly installed curb for a package unit. It took me two minutes. We also use PlanGrid for punchlists. It's great for that. You can easily create an issues log and place pictures of issues right where they are on the prints. I would recommend PalnGrid to anyone who is involved in commercial construction.
- Overlay feature. Allows you to compare two pages of prints.
- Punchlists. You can take and place pictures right where they're located on the prints.
- The ability to scale drawings greatly increases productivity.
- I would like an internal "meassage board" type of feature. Where you can post a hot item that can be viewed by and alerts selected team members and subs.
- I would like to be able to zoom in much more on the pages. This would make scaling a lot easier also.
- PlanGrid allows workers in the field to be more mobile and efficient. Instead of three carpenters coming to a stationary plan table, we can now have PlanGrid with us to pull up information. Less time walking to a set of prints or trying to find info by flipping through numerous pages. We now have technology on our side.
PlanGrid is well suited in job planning and verification of work installed. I do not like to use PlanGrid in certain layout situations because the iPad screen is too small. As a foreman for a general contractor I like being able to walk a job and pull up details and plans on PlanGrid to answer sub's questions.