Overall Satisfaction with Planview Enterprise
Here at Carestream, we use Planview Enterprise to help us manage our information technology projects, programs, and portfolios. We have been using Planview Enterprise since 2009, supporting over 1000 users across 17 time zones. Corporate IT users made up of project managers, relationship managers, operations infrastructure and applications IT finance users. IT runs typical IT portfolio projects reaching across all Carestream business areas. Healthcare Information Solutions supports all customer installations. Each install is set up as a separate project. Research and Development uses Planview Enterprise to manage R&D efforts and track strategies.
- Planview Enterprise manages project resource planning and assignments very well. It is easy to assign tasks to team members and manage utilization and workloads.
- Planview Enterprise provides a powerful reporting engine that produces a wide range of project and portfolio analytics reports for cost, status, schedule, risks, and health status. The export feature allows our users to export to several file formats to include MS Excel, .PDF, and MS PowerPoint.
- Planview Enterprise in the cloud has provided more reliable delivery of status information and faster response times from our overseas locations. The cloud-based solution has reduced our costs as we were able to eliminate 8 servers and reduce our support costs.
- Planview Enterprise could improve by making it more apparent on how to approach projects using different frameworks such as Agile and Scrum. Some examples and best practices would help us understand how to use Planview Enterprise using different frameworks.
- Developing and managing lifecycles within Planview Enterprise could be simplified. Providing some recommended lifecycle examples and structures would help us reduce complexity.
- Planview Enterprise training would be better if it provided more use-cases and not just point and click about features. Much of the context of why we want to use certain screens and functions are not explained. Perhaps aligning with the Project Management Institute (PMI) to ensure common language, terms and practices would help with the Planview training offerings.
- Reduced the use of multiple tools and duplication of information. Eliminates duplicate systems of record.
- Better visibility into future capacity and demand.
- Planview support provides patch and updates release installs seamless to our users. Great response time on issue resolution.
Planview Enterprise is suited for organizations that want transparent and accessible information about projects and portfolios. If organizations want to rely less on spreadsheets and multiple tools, Planview Enterprise provides a "one-stop-shop" for all aspects of project and portfolio management.