Overall Satisfaction with Sendible
- The ability to brand monitor is a strength. Even if individuals don't specifically tag you in Twitter posts, you can know they're talking about the company, allowing you to bring in new users.
- When responding to a post in the inbox, the visual check mark on the right hand side is a helpful reminder that you've responded to a tweet. When juggling multiple accounts as I do, it is especially useful.
- Because we work with businesses that provide consumer services, integrating Yelp monitoring is also important. By getting emails from Yelp in our inbox as they come in on the website, we're able to better address problems as they arise, or provide more real time positive feedback through our social media channels.
- This service is probably not the best for really large or fast-paced accounts. While it seems that some posts come in through Sendible immediately, others seem to take several hours. For the non-profits and smaller businesses we work for, this is not a problem, but it could be for larger businesses.
- When you try to click on individual accounts to get more detailed profile information, the profile rarely loads. This information could be useful to get a sense of how many followers an individual has, and to see other content they've posted.
- If you're working with individuals in multiple time zones, there are some functionality problems. You only have one default time zone, so if you're generally based in PST but end up in EST, you'll have to automatically adjust the time stamp to 3 hours earlier in order for the post to go out immediately.
- The benefits have been huge in terms of decreasing time spent on brand monitoring. What could have taken 20-30 hours without Sendible now takes just an hour or two per week to be able to manage all of the non-tagged social media interactions. This is a huge time savings (and cost savings) for my employer.
- There are also many situations where we've able to respond more quickly than we could otherwise to reviews on Yelp. For instance, we work with an auto glass company out of Vancouver, BC. Because of the emails Sendible sends, we're able to highlight these positive reviews in our Facebook and Twitter accounts, generating higher levels of customer interactions.
- Thanking people for RTs can be a really labor intensive task. Given that all of the RTs are located in one stream, we can easily group together multiple people for one account at the same time, saving us time per tweet.
Though it lacks some of the major functionality (in terms of ability to browse social profiles, time zones, and real-time updates), it is a well-priced solution that allows us to track the multiple businesses throughout North America that we work with. We also believe that the customer support has been quite good, so we are inclined to work with a company and product that have valued us as customers.
Though the solution works well for some aspects of our business, I would be careful to recommend it to another colleague. The most important questions would be: how many different accounts are you trying to manage? how real-time and high volume is the social media response on these accounts? do you have any outside brand monitoring needs (including through Yelp?) If an individual only has 1-2 accounts or has really high volume needs, I couldn't suggest Sendible.