March 08, 2016
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with TIBCO Spotfire Platform
TIBCO Spotfire was acquired to help us to create analyses and visualizations for different departments being sales, operations and finance the main ones. Examples of how we've used the tool include: a) analysis and visualizations to help us to understand the behavior and performance of our gross margins and b) visualizations that shed light on opportunities to improve our key sourcing program. In the near future the tool will start to be used by our supply chain and financial departments to create ad-hoc analyses and to automate reports that are manually generated at the moment.
- Data extraction. The tool is very strong to connect to multiple data sources.
- Data transformation. The tool offers great capabilities to transform data when needed.
- Data manipulation. The tool is very good in managing large data sets.
- Training. The training videos provided by TIBCO are related to version 6.5 even though we acquired version 7.0.
- Visualizations. The out of the box visualizations are pretty standard and not very appealing for certain people.
TIBCO Spotfire was selected by our organization for two main reasons: the sales team did a great job in understanding our needs and how the tool could help us and because the price of the licensing ended up being more attractive for us.
The tool can be used to connect to multiple data sources via existing connectors.
Other tools allow you to chat and post comments from certain visualizations online. TIBCO Spotfire does not at this moment, yet it has the "collaboration panel".
In my opinion the tool can be used in pretty much any industry and department where data analysis is required.