TOPdesk Review
Updated September 25, 2020

TOPdesk Review

Overall Satisfaction with TOPdesk

We use it for logging incidents, questions, problems, and operational tasks. The departments that use TOPdesk are IT, central helpdesk, HR, Finance, Communications, Innovations, Healthcare administration, and some project groups. Except for the Facilities department, they use another application for their work called Wish. All healthcare personnel within our organization are authorized to use our self-service portal.
370 - The departments that use TOPdesk as operators are IT, central helpdesk, HR, Finance, Communications, Innovations, Healthcare administration, and some project groups. All healthcare personnel within our organization are authorized to use our self-service portal.
  • Service
  • Saas
  • Easy to manage
  • Innovation
  • Personalization
  • Working on shift-lift
Worked with this program for a short while, but it was enough for me to notice that this program is too advanced, or it gives you the opportunity to make it really difficult.
Unlike TOPdesk, which is a basic program that you can tweak.
The support department of TOPdesk is excellent. I can always call them and almost every time my question is answered on the phone immediately. They have a lot of knowledge of TOPdesk.
We are not looking for another application.
In our organization, we use another application for facilities management. This department does not think TOPdesk is suitable for their work. But TOPdesk is well suited for logging incidents for other departments.

TOPdesk Feature Ratings

Organize and prioritize service tickets
Expert directory
Configuration mangement
Change requests repository
Change calendar

Using TOPdesk

TOPdesk is easy to use as a service management tool.
You don't need to have a lot of IT knowledge to make it a good working program for you.
ProsCons
  • Incident module
  • Reports
  • Change module
  • Selections
Yes - I wouldn't recommend using TOPdesk on your phone. They are still enhancing the phone website.
They do not have an app.

Integrating TOPdesk

Almost everything is possible and TOPdesk really wants to help you.
  • AFAS
It was a 2 day job to realize, together with a TOPdesk consultant.
We use the AFAS integration to update Person cards.
  • Office Outlook
  • Solarwinds
For Solarwinds, yes. That integration is possible. I have to look in to it someday for the realization.

For Office Outlook, I am not sure. We would like to use the Planning module in TOPdesk together with the Outlook calender.
  • File import/export
  • Single Signon
  • API (e.g. SOAP or REST)
Not that I can tell.
We use the file import for the AFAS integration to update Person cards, single signon to login and a lot API's to automate tasks.
No. I always get help from TOPdesk to research if something is possible. And most of the times, it is possible.

Evaluating TOPdesk and Competitors

Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
None
No - Support is free with our contract.
Yes - Yes, it is almost always fixed within a few weeks.
These bugs I noticed were not high priority bugs, but they got fixed quick.
I think almost everytime I contact TOPdesk support I get exceptional support.
The support employees are well trained, have a lot of knowledge of TOPdesk and can help you with almost anything.
And every one of them is very kind.
I never had a bad experience with TOPdesk support! :)