Happy with Vista HRMS
Updated April 15, 2015
Happy with Vista HRMS
Score 8 out of 10
- All but new time module
Overall Satisfaction with Vista HRMS
Vista HRMS is being used across the whole organization. This is our HR/Payroll/Benefit/Absence Management solution for our company.
- Their staff are available to talk to about existing issues.
- Their open enrollment process was easy for employees to understand without a high amount of training. Our last software also had employees step through enrollment.
- The database table names are pretty self explanatory, previous systems I have used this is not always the case.
- The inplementation/training is when you are expected to 'set up' your organization etc.It is very difficult to make these decisions that later turn out to be incorrect and difficult to change when you are just being introduced to the system.
- We had reviewed some very specific wants/needs with sales/demo staff, spent a lot of time filling out documentation that we believe were never passed on to the Implementation specialist so we had to start over at square one. Some of those items we found out in truth, the system could not do after all and we had to create work arounds.
- We were leaving our last system partially because there always were patches needing tested and for our size company it is expensive to test all the time. We believed PDS did not have this same cycle of patches, but we have found their have been quite a few. Often until you can test a whole PTF they will send out scripts to fix one thing. Our company does not install things straight into production, so we spend a lot of time having to test the whole system.
- We really have not seen any ROI as we are just getting used to the project as a whole. We were hoping to use more of Workflow but as PTF's come out if they impact a workflow you ahve you have to also change the workflow. This has been hard to manage so we have not implemented as many workflows as we believed we would have.
We selected Vista HRMS because of the cost, and the ability to modify base code when needed.
All in all we have been happy with the product as a whole. As with any software nothing is perfect, but our belief that the company really does strive to listen to their users in making improvements to the system is great.
PDS Vista Feature Ratings
Using Vista HRMS
We have too much invested to not renew, and all of the users and employees are getting use to the product now.