Likelihood to Recommend
Abacus has been great for our small startup of 37 employees, it has grown with our team since we were very small. Since we have not experienced it as a bigger company, I am not sure what the scalability would be like. If you're looking for a site with a cleaner look that is easy to use, Abacus is it. I haven't had to reach out to customer service yet because I haven't had any issues. If that isn't proof positive of how easy it is to use, I don't know what is!
I'm not sure how Shoeboxed can be used in a large organization, but for our small business, it is perfect. I'm the only one who deals with our finances and works with our accountant and for that Shoeboxed is simply my lifesaver and worth so much more for not just all the time it saves me but all the worries and headaches too.
- It is very easy for employees to upload their expense receipts to abacus.
- Abacus has an easy UI.
- We haven't had any issues with their customer service team not responding when asked.
- Scans all my documents for me
- Multiple ways to send receipts in - from my phone, email, via mail, etc
- Can invite multiple users
- Integrations into Quickbooks, Evernote, etc.
- When you upload a receipt to abacus it would be great to port in the information from the receipt to the text fields.
- It would be good to have a more automated way for Abacus to integrate in with other payroll systems.
- It would be nice to have more levels of permissions, e.g. manager level, administer level and employee level.
- I had some issues with the mobile app in the past - where it crashes or gets stuck uploading. I think they fixed most of that, however, I transitioned to simply mailing my documents off to them.
I used expensify in my last role, however it was at a bigger company so I was not involved in the process besides being a user. Abacus seems easier to use from a user perspective. It would be great to have a better integration with our payroll system, but it seems like with all softwares, you can't have it all
Return on Investment
- It does seem like they are still working out some kinks in the web and mobile apps – a few times the app has crashed. But they're also very fast to push updates.
- The benefits are simple. No one likes taking time out of their day to do expense reporting. Abacus speeds that process up considerably. The interface is clean, and I'm able to see what expenses are pending vs. expenses that are already cleared.
- The benefit from a user standpoint is that it adds an element of organization to a process that is typically disorganized. It has saved us numerous hours.
- It saves me, I would say, at least 2-3 hours each week
- We probably generate 'better' tax returns - more deductions and save on our accountant in the process, since they have everything perfectly prepped
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Abacus Editions & Modules
1. Per User per Month
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Shoeboxed Editions & Modules