Likelihood to Recommend
- Basically, it is used to solve business problems where integration needs to be done between a legacy system and Salesforce.
- Its capable of handling the integration between a variety of connectors.
- The transformation is just so simple. We can use XML, JSON, and Java for it.
- The functions used in the transformation connector should be prompted automatically.
- RAML should be designed and compiled within the Anypoint studio.
For all type of integration except those with a huge volume. It can deal with 20MB of transactions and processing of 1GB file when a file is being read using file or FTP adapters. It cannot be used for EDI as this support is not there. OICS is a perfect fit for other integration and is best when a customer has Oracle applications in the landscape. It is even greater if you have a requirement to create a custom form and make use of Process Cloud. All of these work very well together seamlessly. API needs can be handled by APIary.
Feature Rating Comparison
Support for real-time and batch integration
Data quality services
Data security features
- First and foremost, it is capable of integration using a variety of connectors.
- Secondly, the transformation is just so simple, we can use XML, JSON, and Java for it.
- Thirdly, it's an all around good product. It has everything you need to start from scratch and deploy on CloudHub.
- Quick to learn the basics
- Harnesses multiple powerful technologies including Weblogic, JDeveloper and the Oracle Service Bus
- Allows the creation of flexible muti platform solutions
- The license is very expensive (for a big organization, it is very recommended to have an Enterprise License)
- In a data flow, only one object contains all activities data (input/output)
- Sometimes we have to write xml because the graphical designer of flows is not responsive.
Engineer in EngineeringInformation Services Company, 1001-5000 employees
- The biggest problem with the Oracle SOA Suite is the installation and configuration of the product. There is much room for improvement here.
- The startup time for large implementations could be improved.
- The development and deployment lifecycle could use some improvement.
No answers yet
Based on 1 answer
The team is proactive and takes the issue up for resolution, they follow continuous development and release.
It is a powerful tool with smart intelligence. The drag and drop feature makes my work easy. The tool has great connecting support which is the best reason to use the tool on a daily basis. Powerful functionality with designing and implementing APIs. Hosted on public IP.
In my opinion there are other products that can implement SOA but the Oracle SOA Suite is the most comprehensive product available. I have not encountered many clients that disagree. While they may sometime moan and groan about the complexity they know that Oracle provides some of the best support available. The talent pool for Oracle SOA Suite has matured in recent years and there are a large number of developers and administrators to choose from.
Return on Investment
- Reduced Development Cost
Professional in Information TechnologyBanking Company, 10,001+ employees
- When developing a new application you can start with a good percentage of the application's functionality already built and available to the developers. This reduces the cost to implement new applications or rework existing applications.
- In early stages of a SOA migration you will not see a very good ROI but if you stick with and you development team embraces the SOA architecture ROI will increase over time.
- To get the most out of the early implementation of SOA the first services you should implement are those that are used in most applications.
Connect any endpoints using out-of-the-box connectors, dynamic connectivity to API specifications, or by building reusable connectors with Anypoint DevKit™.See All (3) Anypoint Platform Screenshots
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?