Likelihood to Recommend
Apache Cordova is well-suited for enterprise applications that need the ability to talk to a wide variety of platforms. Using Cordova you can scale mobile applications quickly into full-featured applications easily. Adobe provides extensive support so any major issue is surely able to be investigated through forums or user groups.
Webix makes it easy to build a complex Web UI. Combining technologies (like React and Webix) is tricky. Most features work as expected but some are tricky.In way React Components "communicate" and the way a complete Webix Form works is not exactly compatible. Some of these problems are not obvious. However with a good design it is easy to fix. React has to orchestrate the page and each Webix Component / Form is independent from the others and relies only on Rect to integrate.Using Webix alone (iE with the JEt Framework) is trivial but was not enough for our whole application.
- The Kanban Control allowed to implement a compelling task management system with little effort.
- The Chart Control made it easy to create our dashboard and it was a lot easier than using D3js as we did before. D3 allows a lot more flexibility but it takes often 10 times longer to get a chart done than using Webix.
- Support at Webix is very helpful and responsive.
- Needs to be fully compatible with mobile machines
- Support for a wide variety of platforms
- Needs better backwards compatibility
- Since we are using react as foundation it was difficult to use some features in our environment. In the beginning we tried to have a drag and drop customizable Webix UI combined with React and failed miserably doing so. Current Version has a much better React integration.
Return on Investment
- It has a positive impact in general. Cordova is really a great solution for web developers who want to bring their incredible ideas to devices, but they just do not have a lot of time to put into iOS and Android learning curves.
- Our biggest benefit was that the management of images for multiple devices.
- Developing with Cordova has drastically reduced the cost of cross-platform deployment.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Apache Cordova Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Webix UI Editions & Modules
1. for one user and one project
2. one project, unlimited developers
3. unlimited projects, 5+ developers
4. unlimited projects unlimited developers