Likelihood to Recommend
There aren't many scenarios where I wouldn't recommend CrowdStrike. You'll have the ability to create protection policies for different parts of your environment so that sensitive machines have as much protection as possible, and low-risk machines aren't overly locked down. The only reason I can't see someone choosing CrowdStrike is over a matter of budget. It's not the most expensive, nor is it the cheapest.
Feature Rating Comparison
Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
Hybrid Deployment Support
- Detects and automatically blocks dangerous behavior on endpoints that could be indicative of malicious activity, like executing programs from the deleted items folder, executing a SSH command in silent mode from different places in the OS, etc.
- Monitors endpoints continuously for known malware, evaluates dangerous behaviors and blocks execution based on risk tolerance settings, uses AI to draw correlations on multiple attack vectors, and has a human malware hunting element to detect known or newly detected attack vectors.
- Is easy to deploy across a large organization and manage centrally by as few as 1 person part time.
- This was the fastest and easiest implementation of an enterprise grade security system I have ever done. I pushed software to the endpoints on a Friday afternoon, and was complete by Noon on Monday, as each workstation came online, the installer completed, and we were protected.
- Action performed logs not included in the executive/technical report.
- Some problems and glitches with the management tool.
- Some web interface items are not very intuitive.
CrowdStrike Falcon 8.8
Based on 5 answers
- Ease of implementation.
- Overall protection capabilities.
- Real-time system inventory function.
- Insight and intelligence of not only the threat, but the potential of the threat.
- Support staff of their managed service is excellent.
Analyst in Finance and AccountingFinancial Services Company, 1001-5000 employees
We use both, and by using both we can cover Apple machines as well as Windows and Linux machines.
Technician in Information TechnologyComputer Software Company, 501-1000 employees
Return on Investment
- A significant increase in responsiveness to data security incidents.
- The frequency and extent of data security issues have been drastically reduced.
Executive in Information TechnologyRestaurants Company, 10,001+ employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?