What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
I would say you can use Zend with any project of any size but in a personal experience I would recommend it more for small or medium sized projects. Since the code you will be writing with Zend has more verbosity than the one you can write with other frameworks, that might be a problem to maintain larger projects.
- The performance is superior compared to other frameworks.
- It's supported by the contributions of the core classes of PHP.
- Extensive updated documentation.
It isn't the fastest but is one of the faster available. It's the only one currently supported actively by the PHP team itself.You might find more classes in Symfony for instance, but in the end, most of the core files will be supported above Zend classes either by extension or by encapsulation.The only con that I see is the learning curve required to adopt this framework, and the amount of additional work you will have to do to build PHP based apps with it.
Return on Investment
- The good thing of using Zend is the fact that it's supported by the team in charge of PHP itself so they will always be aligned with the road path of php.
- Something bad is the learning curve. As a developer you will invest more time with Zend than with other frameworks.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?