Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Blackbaud Online Express, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Blackbaud Online Express enables users to create and send mobile-responsive emails.
- Reach constituents quickly with pre-designed, mobile-friendly email templates created specifically for nonprofits
- Create appealing emails with a drag-and-drop editor, where users can add, remove, or revise content on the fly
- Make sure a message creates an impact by targeting emails to distribution lists created in Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT
- Track the progress of online initiatives with instant insight into how communications are performing
- Remove barriers to online engagement with step-by-step instructions to help create forms
- Save time with pre-designed, mobile-friendly form templates created specifically for nonprofits
- Add forms to existing website with HTML copy-and-paste
- Keep an organization's online branding consistent with forms designed for the organization
- Online donation forms are easy to create and place within our existing website. The donations received are easily transferred into our Raiser's Edge database.
- Creating email communications for our constituents is very simple to achieve in Online Express and the statistics provided are very helpful to see what our constituents are clicking on.
- It would be helpful if there were a way to have constituents sign up for different email communications. They may sign up to receive communications but not select different types of communications based on their interests.
- Ease of use
- Appealing layout
- Easy to tailor the look for the form
- Charge debit cards automatically
- Make the event module as easy to understand as possible
- Clear snapshots of funding sources, the success of grant applications, and revenue amounts are readily available.
- A one-stop-shop for managing fund-raising strategies, including generated income and historical data.
- Donor management, solicitations, and thank-you notifications live in this platform.
- Multiple funding sources for the same project are sometimes tricky to manage, additional layers in reporting for these variances would be helpful.
- Automatically matches the donor to a constituent in the database, if there is one, and gives you the opportunity to search if a match isn't found.
- If gift is in honor or memory of someone, it matches the tribute in the database, if it already exists. If not, you are able to easily create a new one.
- Transaction reports are easily accessible on the Blackbaud Merchant Services site.
- It does have some "quirks." It can be a little tricky to process the batch until you have done it a few times.
- I had a problem finding a constituent yesterday - he was purchasing a program ad for an event - that I knew was in the database. It turned out that he had been marked inactive, and so apparently wasn't included in the search results.
- Donations forms are easy to create and appeal and fund information is pulled directly from our Raiser's Edge database.
- When creating event registrations, we are able to tie the event-form directly to the event in Raiser's Edge.
- We are able to load email delivery metrics onto the individual records in Raiser's Edge when sending out blast emails. We can also segment our lists based on queries created in Raiser's Edge.
- The product would benefit greatly if end users had more control over the design, look, and feel of blast emails.
- It would be really helpful if we could load non-constituent lists into the database for blast emails.
- Not great for complex event registrations
- Has some limitations
- Ease of use when creating emails and event pages
- The ability to download the funds right away
- More templates are always welcomed
- When someone registers, I would like to be able for the name to be auto populated to our event page
- Simple form creation -- creating a new campaign is relatively painless.
- Integrates with Raiser's Edge -- it's easy to keep constituent information up to date.
- Access via Blackbaud's web portal, and to Citrix, is clumsy and slow.
- User creation and management is also clumsy, slow, and error-prone.
- Integration with Raiser's Edge is a pro, but it also can make using Online Express more complicated than necessary for users just looking for a simple email marketing tool.
- The tool provides strong reporting regarding email engagement (who opened, clicked, etc).
- The email tool is extremely easy to use...it requires little training and everyone in our office feels comfortable with it.
- It integrates well with our database of donors and members, allowing us to better track past email engagement.
- I find the interface to be a little confusing and awkward sometimes, especially at the beginning.
- There is no merge field available for emailing.
- A/B testing for emails is timely....there's no easy for testing the effectiveness of emails.
- Sending emails is so easy and intuitive.
- The ability to include event registration within email marketing is a huge plus.
- The tool integrates very well with our database of members, allowing us to track and manage members who are engaging with our emails.
- It does not have a lot of additional, more complex emailing options that may be a larger organization would desire. For example, there is not an easy way to do A/B testing with emails.
- I wish that creating follow up emails for people who opened the original email was a little easier. There still does not seem to be an easy way to do this.
- Merging fields in emails is not possible; at times it would be nice to have this feature.
- The online donation and registration forms integrate easily with our school's website.
- The transactions are easy to download.
- The credit card fees we pay are low.
- Blackbaud offers good support for this product.
- The email function is easy enough for everyone in our department to use.
- The donation and event registration forms are easy to set up.
- I'd like more merge fields to be available in our email.
- I'd like the event registration form to have the ability to have more than one event attached to it.
- I'd like to be able to use participant attributes for just certain event units and not on all of the ones in the event.
- it provides quick and relatively comprehensive data about who opened, clicked and reacted to our emails.
- It allows us to automatically record transactions made via email to Raiser's Edge. In other words, if someone makes a donation via Online Express, that information is recorded automatically in our data base.
- Its user interface is clunky and hard to manipulate; it seems as if it were designed when the Internet was in its infancy and not updated since.
- It is extremely time consuming to randomize and divide email lists for split-testing.
- With Constant Contact we could easily increase our open rates dramatically by simply re-sending our emails the next day to the people who had not opened them. It is extremely cumbersome to do that with Online Express.
- Online and phone support is slow, wait times are long, and when you finally get a person to talk to or chat with, they often don't know how to solve your problem. And they are annoyingly cheerful about it! It's as if they don't realize that they weren't any help.
- OE's online email signup form allows visitors to our website to sign up only for our one basic email list. Unfortunately we have six locations and need separate lists for each of those centers.
It is not very good for split-testing emails to see which messages work best with which audiences.