MindManager Reviews

August 07, 2019
Koustubh Sharma | TrustRadius Reviewer
[MindManager is being used for] Planning, management and monitoring of projects, research ideas, manuscripts, developing strategies and describing workflows.
  • Transferring ideas and workflows from mind to a visible form
  • Adding timelines and resource assignment for tasks and projects
  • Converting mindmaps to Gantt charts, Excel sheets, reports etc
  • Develop detailed budgets with sophisticated, smart breakups
  • Better visualization and sharing options for Gantt Charts
  • Better mechanism to populate topics with new Topic Properties (e.g. a new line item that needs to be populated to entire mindmap or entire child chain)
  • More convenient options to move Start-End dates
  • Simpler integration with Google or Outlook Calendar
  • Should have a better presentation mode unlike the one right now that makes it extremely slow and sticky when using big files with photos, videos etc
Very useful tool to develop a new project from the scratch; taking notes during a meeting; plan event management; planning and monitoring etc.
At least in my team, we always conceptualize, brainstorm and discuss project planning, monitoring and budgeting in MindManager. Makes it convenient and easy to visualize. Even when drafting MoUs and joint publications, MindManager allows collaborations during meetings. One missing feature though is that of easy collaboration using cloud computing unless that is a feature which is hidden or out of sight.
Read Koustubh Sharma's full review
August 07, 2019
Stuart MacBride | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used by individuals and not for team work assignments. It depends upon the mindset of each individual as to whether the program suits their methods of working i.e. right or left brain dominant. Some staff can only work with lists and not the freeform abilities of MindManager.
  • Allows for "grasshopper" thinking and easy flow thinking capture
  • Planning trips to different parts of the company globally permits adaptation to fit each situation at all stages from planning to visit to reporting.
  • Works as an excellent database in a format that is easier to use and to trigger memory than working with lists.
  • The number of icons and images is well behind the major competitors such as iMindMap and it is falling further and further behind in this area.
  • The layout is not as informal as some of the competitors particularly with the layout and thickness of branches.
  • Printing of large maps can be difficult and an easier way of providing print options would be very welcome.
  • Project planning is considerably simpler when created as a mind map where additional branches and twigs can be added easily.
  • Where a graphic front end is required the other forms of mind mapping are now well ahead of MindManager.
I created a mind map on a brain course just over 33 years ago. The challenge was to make a mind map of the BBC evening news as it was live and to read back the key points to the instructor the next day. After 33 years I can still pull out that mind map and go through everything that was in the news recalling an amazing level of detail.
Read Stuart MacBride's full review
August 02, 2019
Andrew Egbert | TrustRadius Reviewer
My graduate school team needed a way to brainstorm exercises in our project management classes, and discovered that MindManager was available in the university's online software shop. I used it to flesh out project specifics and then turned those items into waypoints, and eventually the roadmap for the entire effort. Our team typically used the "Right Map" to brainstorm, which was and still is the most useful tool for me personally, although the others are just as functional. We would've used the Gantt Chart features to guide our project, but it seemed to be more of an afterthought, so we ended up falling back on Microsoft Project for those parts. MindManager is one of my most useful and most used software applications, and I'd really love to see MindJet really dedicate some love to the Gantt-charting capabilities with its own New Document section.
  • MindManager is the best, most capable software for brainstorming. It's easy to use, and it always looks fantastic.
  • It'll easily export to Word, Excel, HTML5, image files, and more, saving the user from countless compatibility headaches.
  • MindManager is particularly adept at many tasks associated with project management, flowcharting, timelines, analysis, diagrams, and much more. And it makes all it seem so easy.
  • MindManager could really benefit by improving the Gantt charting functionality. These should be in their own category and usable on their own.
  • I'd love to see MindManager be able to directly export to EPS, SVG, and actually directly to a CorelDRAW (.cdr) file.
  • I'd love to have the ADDIE development framework, as well as other instructional design frameworks, added directly.
I primarily employ MindManager for the brainstorming process, especially for formal research papers. It helps me to keep important ideas from disappearing from the radar, and gives me an easy way to add and categorize new thoughts as they occur to me.
I own the full Corel Technical Suite, CorelCAD, and the CorelDraw Graphics Suite from X4 through X8. One of these days, I'll upgrade to the latest version. I'd love to have the latest edition of CorelCAD, but it's beyond me at the moment as a graduate student. I'd also like to have fully unfettered cross-functionality between CDR and MindManager.
Read Andrew Egbert's full review
July 31, 2019
Sarah Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used for all types of business meetings from brainstorming to project management, we use the ACE template following the Continuous improvement Lean methodology along with Prince 2. MindManager is easy and simple to be understood by all teams from the floor up to the board. They allow for all types of learning from the visual to the spreadsheet people, I would not be without MindManager to support my projects.
  • MindManager is great for brainstorming as people can add to other ideas.
  • Great for root cause analysis.
  • Transfer to the excel does not work as well as it could as it has to be manipulated before it can be sent out.
  • MindManager is not good for detailed Sub Process mapping - I use Visio which is not user-friendly but allows me to subprocess maps to the detail required.
Brainstorming with teams at the start of a project to ensure the entire group is engaged. In particular, shy people can be encouraged to say what they want to and so you are more likely to get diverse thoughts and ideas for improvement. Therefore, projects are more likely to be successful when you get the buy-in from the start.
It worked really well when I was in the role of tendering for new business, keeping all the information together and project managing it during the bid and then afterward with implementing the new business. I built up a library for each type of bid and this saved a massive amount of time for subsequent bids.
Read Sarah Jones's full review
July 29, 2019
Angel Esquivel | TrustRadius Reviewer
Primarily, it was used to create visuals of our organizational structure. I've asked other members of our team to purchase MindManager so we can expand our use of the software for project management and visualization of trends. The more we continue to learn the program's functions, we'll utilize it to help our mission.
  • MindManager can be a dynamic tool to highlight your organizations greatest assets.
  • The visualization of processes, systems, and plans is a powerful influencer that helped team members catch on and understand our intended message and communicated mission.
  • The software is easy to use and very intuitive.
  • I'd like to see a custom option where the chart or form can be created and crafted freely without a prescribed format or template.
  • I believe there is power in transforming the visual representation into a text format and I love the ability to do that in MindManager. But I feel it lacks in organizing the information in the text format.
  • When adding a floating topic, it's glitchy and feels temperamental.
Well suited for mapping out projects and talking points in a presentation, creating structure for the organization, and strategizing for the future. I haven't used it enough to know where it is less appropriate. I work with people a lot, and I feel that relational aspects of an organization may not be appropriate scenarios where we'd utilize the software.
Creating structure in our organization was incredibly important when we first began the task of merging two organizations into one. MindManager helped us process the needed changes we had to make in our structure. The matter was extremely delicate, as it meant that people had to move from their role into another role, and visualizing that change helped people in the transition.
Read Angel Esquivel's full review
Hoy Chow | TrustRadius Reviewer

We use it as a planning tool across our section for managers.

1. Organizational charting: what if and moving positions around.
  2. Workload discussions: we have several offices across Canada so the equitable distribution of workload is needed.
  3. Brainstorming: scoping out projects. It helps to capture what is in scope and what is out of scope. Ensure that all angles are considered.
  • It is easy to shift points/ideas around and to attached somewhere else. Makes organization easy.
  • Functionality is great. You can customize your map to look professional.
  • It is intuitive. Using Mindmanager is quick and easy to start. It also has features that allow you to do fancier things as you become more confident with using MindManager.
  • Every time I ask, "Can it do this?" and after reading some of the help pages, it can be done. There is definitely more power and flexibility under the surface.
  • I can't think of any at this time. There is more functionality I need to explore.
MindManager is well suited for organizing thoughts, people, and processes. It helps with the "what if" scenarios. Even when the process becomes large and unruly, you can collapse arms to see the bigger picture. If it needs to be organized, use Mindmanager.
We recently are going through a re-organization exercise. MindManager helped us to adjust and move positions and responsibilities around easily. A real time saver.
Read Hoy Chow's full review
Sandy Burgamy(Sims), PMP, | TrustRadius Reviewer
Personally, I use MindManager as a starting point for almost everything that requires documenting a process, brainstorming an idea, as a template for procedures, etc. One of the biggest pluses of the product is when conducting online/WebEx sessions with business groups, it's very quick to map out processes, decision points, etc. instead of using other options that take too much time for formatting. The audience always appreciates the visual walk-through. In the division I'm in, it is used by business analysts to document requirements.
  • Quick, Intuitive tool to get ideas and processes recorded.
  • Flexible and can be used for a variety if needs.
  • The export to other formats capability makes it very easy to start with MindManager and end-up with a formal text-based document in Word if needed.
  • More styles to select from would be nice.
  • Export to PowerPoint and Visio is a little cumbersome.
Great tool for kicking off processes. Especially, if the user has difficulty getting ideas recorded and then developing them out. Great meeting tool to show graphical organization in a short time.
Again, the use of MindManager in almost every business function brings efficiencies, visual representation and helps get past "thought" blockers.
Read Sandy Burgamy(Sims), PMP,'s full review
July 26, 2019
Wade Walker, CBIP | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use MindManager in development and alumni engagement for a number of purposes. In my team, I have used it in my facilitated workshops to identify new initiatives and to influence the direction of my strategic roadmap. In addition, I have used it for understanding professional networks.
  • Network management - document personal connections within a group of people
  • Service management - Identification of services offered and their contribution to the whole
  • Service Planning - Document existing services as an analysis tool to identify gaps and potential for new services
  • None I am aware of. It is a fairly simple tool, in an niche.
[Well suited for] analysis of networks (human, technology and otherwise), brainstorming, ideation and identification of new possibilities for services, products, etc.
I have run facilitated sessions with large groups to define new ideas, plan out our strategic and/or technology roadmap, or synthesize survey feedback into a single visualization to help group common ideas
Read Wade Walker, CBIP's full review
Karen Hill | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use it for strategic planning and assigning work to my staff. It helps to lay out all the factors I need to consider and arrange them in a hierarchy.
  • I love being able to click things open and closed to change my view easily.
  • When I found the feature to assign resources, I used it to assign my staff to particular goals.
  • Printing is very easy.
  • I did want to have a bunch of things coming in from the left to our mission in the center and then things going out from the right and was not able to find a template for this.
I like to use it for brainstorming. It could be done individually or with a group on a large screen. Anything that fits into a bulleted list or hierarchy is easy to manage.
Read Karen Hill's full review
July 29, 2019
Phetsile Dube | TrustRadius Reviewer
It helps to organize notes from meetings, share information. You can add rectify and advise, create almost everything. It just makes our lives easier. You are able to do tasks with deadlines and all, track it and the other users can feed the information on the system. In meetings we do not take minutes anymore, Mind Manager does that for us and more.
  • Strategic Planning
  • Process Mapping
  • Meeting management
  • Tracking tasks and projects
  • I need to be able to send information to users that don't have it
Management - well suited. Junior staff do not really use it a lot.
When people are given projects they can update on that particular project so that if their supervisor needs to check or to support them they know exactly whats going on
Read Phetsile Dube's full review
Wilson Alvarez | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am a technology consultant focusing on marketing and digital media in South Florida. I have been using MindManager for 10+ years. The best way that I can describe it is that it helps me defragment my thoughts. Once I have all of my thoughts on MindManager, it is very easy to move and maneuver and strategize the next plan of action. For my clients, I am able to shine by strategizing their thoughts, I defragment their thoughts and sample the right path for their success.
  • Strategizing
  • Process
  • Brainstorm
  • SWOT
  • Online training
  • Support (how can I?)
Best for brainstorming and strategizing.
Benefits are that your client appreciates your knowledge by doing a SWOT and other analysis. You really bring out the information from them with the ease of MindManager.
Read Wilson Alvarez's full review
July 26, 2019
Robert DuPuy, MBA, PMP, RMP, CSM, CCBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use mind manager to organize content of reference books and create value charts.
  • Dynamically organize information.
  • Help identify strategy gaps.
  • Maintaining mind maps in the cloud.
  • Improved process mapping.
  • Support for Scrum.
Very well suited for organizing content. I took content of book and dynamically organized chapters by relationships. Still a bit difficult to do process mapping and Scrum.
I took the BABOK guide and completely transferred all the content, text, chapters and illustrations into a mind map. I can see relationships between various chapters much more easily.
I rarely need support, but when I need support, I get quick response
Very useable on Mac version, plays well with Microsoft 365
Read Robert DuPuy, MBA, PMP, RMP, CSM, CCBA's full review
August 09, 2019
It is not being used by the organization. This was used to test out the software and make a comparison to other Project Management software solutions such as MS Project. This was primarily tested out by the IT department. MS Project is the default standard that is build in Office 365, which our organization heavily uses, although with project-related software, there is more flexibility to look at other solutions
  • It has great visuals and visual mappings as compared to a lot of other Project Management solutions, which are not as robust in this area.
  • It integrates really well with other Project Management software, such as MS Project. you can easily import projects or info from MS Project right into MindManager, and MindManager will map everything automatically.
  • it has really great drag and drop functionality from with the mappings/project. it is easy to move main topics, subtopics, tasks, callouts, etc. around, and you can visualize this in real-time.
  • At first, when using the Gantt chart within MindManager, I did not know how to close the chart. I was looking for an option to "hide Gantt chart" but there wasn't one. after some investigation, I noticed that you can just click on the Gantt icon to close the window.
  • I also did not see much in the way of labels for the bar graphs in the Gantt chart, whereas with something like MS Project, these show up automatically. For example, progress % should also show on the bar graph, and not just in the progress column.
  • Really, I have no other cons that I can see since everything is pretty intuitive.
It is well suited as a Project Management tool, and also for simple tasks such as brainstorming. It works really well in an organization that tends to use a lot of flowcharts for visualizing information for projects and tasks. It is less appropriate in organizations that heavily utilize Microsoft products, MS Project probably better integrates with other Office tools/programs.
As was previously mentioned, one thing I noticed right away was the ease of integration between MindManager and MS Project. This is most definitely needed by organizations that heavily rely on Microsoft products, as information can be easily exported/imported from MS Project to MindManager and vice versa.

Also, I was able to pick up using MindManager without a whole lot of consulting Help menus or documentation. It was easy to visualize a project and all topics/subtopics/tasks, and move things around as need be
July 24, 2019
I am using it individually as a brainstorming tool, but I also use it during training.
  • MindManager is not an application closed upon itself. A file can be easily exported in a variety of format, including graphic, PDF, or Word. There are comparable products out there, but the output versatility is what is the most attractive aspect of this application.
  • It is also easy to create visually appealing file using pictures and icons as you brainstorm.
  • The application also presents ideas in a way that looks polished and professional.
  • I found that my current paid version has now expired. An update license key was sent to me, but it did not work. I am still waiting for the problem to be resolved after writing to the software license department.
  • Try to make an LTI tool to allow users to use it within another system.
  • Have a cloud-based server option for users to use it with multiple computers or devices.
  • Add an iPad app version.
It is best for brainstorming and planning, but unless it has a cloud-based option for collaboration, its uses are limited for organizations. It is currently best for individual users.
It helped me to represent "online learning," a very large and complex concept, in complex layers and branches. I also used it to do a literature review for research and it helped me to organize my thoughts as I could move items around as the scheme for clustering change.
August 17, 2019
Primary use is for pedagogical purposes in concept mapping. Secondary use is for concept mapping and planning for administrative tasks.
  • Concept mapping for book chapters, lecture outlines, PowerPoint Slides
  • To-Do Lists
  • Modified flow-charting
  • The older versions of MindManager had simpler construction of maps than the current version.
I use MindManager for mapping chapters of books in preparation, for writing lectures, for presenting content in an easily understandable fashion in PowerPoint and other presentation software. The uses to which I put the software work well. I have not used it for any other purposes, so anything less appropriate for its use is unknown to me.
Presenting complex information to colleagues and students is facilitated by MindManager, especially with increased functionality in the ability to add multiple sub-branches and showing relationships between ideas.
August 16, 2019
MM Enterprise is the foundation of the whole organization. Tracks complex program progress, HR objectives, and achievements, and acts as a data repository. Allows visual management of the whole enterprise.
  • Enter once, use many: Map roll-up feature gives many options to analyze inputs.
  • Gantt Pro feature gives just the right amount of detail to track progress without having to use the awful MS Project.
  • Ability to format in native maps (blue) and flowcharts (green) has added to the utility greatly. Supporting material can be added or linked easily (though SP environment best to ensure link continuity)
  • It's simple to use: no more difficult than PowerPoint.
  • As maps get big, it gets very slow. Often a result of updating links or feeder maps. Improve processing engine— make it multi-core?
  • Ability to electronically sign and control maps would be good. Passwords ok, need sigs.
  • Multiple screen use has some anomalies like tooltips appearing on the next screen.
  • Flowchart variants (green boxes) need to have version update and revision number capability as base maps (blue) have.
Team sharing of knowledge, program progress or data in general. Visual front end for new arrivals linking everything needed in one place. Remove the need to understand a document directory structure (taxonomy)— the dreaded MS Windows Explorer.
We use a map to share concerns about specific areas of the business. We review as a team. Easy to follow what the issues and potential issues are going to be. Task progress for objectives lets managers track completion. Roll-up of percentage complete gives an overall for both the individual and the team.
August 12, 2019
Used just by me in preparation for workshops where we need to brainstorm and validate a variety of topics.
  • Ease of use on the fly when a group is working live.
  • Nice aesthetics such that maps can be shown in final deliverables.
  • The right amount of functionality.
  • Pop-up tips as you go.
  • Format options that change everything to a pre-defined format.
  • Remove the constant pop-up reminders to upgrade.
MindManager is very well suited for scenarios where you are attempting to organize categorical information, present it to a group, and then subsequently engage in group brainstorming to determine next steps. The response is typically very positive and people want to know what software is being used so they can use as well.
In a recent project, we had to design a digital playbook for a sales force. To do so we wanted to capture a set of key strategic initiatives that buyers care about. In the process of discovery interviews, we began using MindManager to capture hierarchical topics. Then, during a live workshop, we were able to elaborate upon the list and re-organize on the fly.
August 09, 2019
Mind Manager is used by a small group of people, but they're very dedicated to it. Mostly used for brainstorming and/or getting a handle on big-picture ideas in a very simple way. The total product is simple to use and quick to note ideas down on. Although it is a licensed product, there is a free reader version if you need to keep license costs down.
  • Different way to note ideas down, but very powerful.
  • Easy to use.
  • Easy to read other user's mindmaps.
  • Licensed product.
  • No viewer for all platforms.
  • New version yearly.
Well suited to brainstorming or distilling big problems down to smaller parts to make it more easily manageable. It is actually fairly effective as a project planning tool. A downside is it can be difficult to share these files if users don't have (or know of) a viewer for the product.
Recently we've been going through a project to replace all of our mobile devices. We are able to use MindManager to build 'user stories' and what their requirements, then build a project around this to meet all of these needs. This is easy to explain and justify to management, allowing the project team to focus on implementing the projecting rather than justifying it.
July 27, 2019
MindManager is primarily used by IT to outline processes and steps. It helps visual people understand what we are doing.
  • Shows process steps
  • Works well on Macs and Windows
  • Brainstorming
  • Works well with MS project
  • Lack of integration with MS Teams or Slack
  • Not very useful for KanBan
  • Limited templates compared with other products
  • Not easy to share (with exception of cloud) with people who use other products.
MM is good for brainstorming and showing processes. It is not good at showing how processes can be improved, for instance, if you look at some systems thinking by Peter Senge you can show the process but it is hard to show how one step is substituted for another.
Quicker process summaries and feedback before and after being precise. Can start with the big picture processes and steps then drill down to implications and deviations.
July 24, 2019
We use MindManager to facilitate discussions about improvement activities as well as for mapping out individual work streams of projects. It is extremely helpful to be able to just "dump" out all our thoughts or activities onto the Mind Map and then arrange them as needed. It helps us avoid going down a rabbit trail and losing out on key activities or ideas of others.
  • It is so easy to use to quickly capture and arrange information.
  • It does a good job representing lots of ideas and concepts so people can see and understand them.
  • It exports the information into others tools well when needed.
  • Past editions have had a few challenges in how the information is formatted when exported, but that continues to improve.
It is a great tool for continuous improvement or business improvement efforts as well as for general product/initiative brainstorming.
We had a recent significant business improvement effort where multiple individuals would be leading different workstreams. MindManager helped all the various leaders see what others were doing quickly and find ways to align efforts that a different area may not have known was going to take place.
Thomas OConnell | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use MindManager in three main ways (1) setup a weekly dashboard for activities and goals (2) organize specific collaborations including, tasks, milestones, etc and (3) to help write papers and grants. For the latter I use MindManager to generate outlines for different sections of grants and papers and fill in details either as topics or associated notes
  • Very easy way to setup a visual "Dashboard" for weekly activities. Much more flexible, interactive and interesting than a simple to-do list
  • Great way to organize collaborations with topics for each project goal and individual tasks.
  • Great way to generate outlines for papers and grants. Each topic can be a specific section and subtopics are piece of information that need to be put there. Then it's easy to rearrange until the structure and flow of the paper is set. From there the actual writing is much easier
  • I would like to be able to readily select groups of topics and apply formatting e.g. circle three topics and have them collectively outlined or colored
  • Would be nice to have a small collection of the icons that I use most frequently in a group on the top bar so I can easily drag and drop
  • Its a bit cumbersome to generate custom formats
  • I've had trouble configuring this latest version to attach emails from Outlook which was a really useful feature for my dashboard
As described earlier - weekly dashboard, managing projects and writing
Its difficult to organize more than a few collaborations with a spreadsheet. My lab has at least a dozen active collaborations at any given time and Mindmanager provides an easy overview of all of my collaborations. This way I can visualize the status of projects e.g. which tasks are underway and which are in the queue. The completion icons and coloring help highlight progress and areas that need attention.
Read Thomas OConnell's full review
John O'Toole (FCIM) | TrustRadius Reviewer
Every consulting and business project involves a number of mind maps covering all manner of topics but especially good in strategy and digital transformation and large projects. It is the best problem solving, brainstorming tool I have ever found
  • If you have large complex problems or projects where people struggle to see the connectivity between initiatives, the whole picture and where their part fits into it. MindManager can provide a perspective to meet every stakeholder's needs.
  • Good problem solving prevents people/teams from jumping to solutions but rather forces a tight problem definition and a generation of all of the possible solutions to that problem and then an assessment of these potential solutions to arrive at the best one to execute. MindMaps is the best way to do this.
  • In design thinking you need a tool that can help with both the divergent and convergent thinking processing required by the team. MindMaps is the best tool for all the processes in a design thinking project.
  • Any creative problem-solving exercise requires analytical/linear thinking and non-linear thinking - this is where MindMaps excel.
  • Learning/Exploring all of the features in MindManager and the best ways of doing things with it.
  • All of the templates provided/shown are a bit basic and do not demonstrate the power of the tool for that application (relying too much on knowledgeable users).
  • I am actually pretty happy with MindManager that way it is - simple but with endless use case possibilities.
  • Presentation options for when presenting to Corporate clients.
People who see MindManager used well are always interested in it - comes down to those who will pay for a mindmapping program and those who insist on a Free version
We use it for every client engagement and project. Sometimes a Mind Map is the only way to help people see a picture/project fully and all of its inter-dependencies. For creative problem solving and Design Thinking projects Mind Maps are an essential tool because it can do both divergent and convergent thinking processes so well. Most people and teams are good at the convergent, structured, analytical processes but often the real power is in the divergent, non structure more free flowing team processes which can then be rationalised with structured and more analytical processes.
Read John O'Toole (FCIM)'s full review
July 23, 2019
Thomas Kleinschmidt, CIM(R) | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently I'm the beta fish for MindManager; beta testing solo for use by our team here, and then fighting for it.

For 30+ years I've been using 'mind mapping' techniques, starting while at UW, then progressing through
various versions of the software. Incredibly happy with what v2018 offers today (have maintenance package for the 2019 upgrade but yet to install). Much an analog man for early brainstorming on sketchbooks or whiteboards, all ends up in the software.

MM allows for simply moving a branch of a map onto its own. As I hold various roles I need to link maps as I get more granular... I find sharing a map a few levels down is simpler for me than fiddling with a large map, but I haven't tried the new HTML exporting, so I could be behind the bus on that.

MM also has an intense, immense and impressive ability for me to CODE AND SORT tasks for whatever I need. Beyond the obvious who/what/when the ability to code and sort tasks by font/color/icons/etc/etc/etc means allows for an
insane amount of control. Implementing dashboards is next, so that specific people look at specific things. GANTT I believe will become my new best friend.

Looking forward to sharing via the html functionality with non-MM users. Brilliant strategy to get power users work out there and give a taste to the uninitiated.

Mindjet partner Olympic Limited sells an add-on that makes the above easier. Kudos to Mindjet for their partners.

Regarding Corel, I'm glad they purchased Mindjet! I fondly recall how 30 years ago utterly intuitive Wordperfect on the NeXT platform was daily, as I struggle with MSO. Good on the folks at Corel to pick up these gems.

TK

• Super easy to use; everyone gets the basics and the power behind mind mapping.
  • Incredible flexibility to grow/expand on ideas and then to link them.
  • Dashboards and Gantt charts are polished.
  • Multi-monitor support...could be my setup here but I struggle with super large maps and I find using a set of linked smaller maps to be less grief than scrolling around a large map but I would highly prefer seeing the bigger picture. That or some hotkeys to improve using a super large map.
Brainstorming or ad-hoc meetings.
Complex projects and tasking.
Want to use more for knowledge base and training.
I'll keep it simple: the ability to easily, intuitively add/move topics and tasks around so fluidly isn't possible in Word or Excel
  • Online training
  • Self-taught
Occasionally I do have a bit of a back and forth via email...WHEREAS a quick POTC (plain old telephone call) would probably be best all concerned.

Perhaps a telephone-based Super premium support service (might be there but I might not know about it).
It takes some time to learn the vast functionality beyond simple maps (eg large, complex maps)
Unlimited...issue I had was nomenclature, but info/project classification/methodology address that.
Yes - Easy breezy.
Read Thomas Kleinschmidt, CIM(R)'s full review
Marcus Machacek | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am not aware that my organization as a whole is using MindManager. I discovered MindManager a few employers ago and have brought it with me wherever I go for my own project management and organizational needs. I have purchased it for myself if the organization itself won't purchase it for me. That's how important it is to my workflow.
  • I love the ability to filter a map based on various attributes. It makes it much easier to distill or prioritize information especially as the maps get more complex.
  • Being able to turn a map into a Gantt chart and/or an outline depending on the situation and the audience really prevents a lot of unnecessary effort in reformatting all the time you have put into a map.
  • Love the newer ability to share a link to a web browser interactive map with people who do not use MindManager. Makes it much easier to convey the intent you had when creating the map (expand/collapse, etc.) to someone who doesn't have full access to the features of MindManager.
  • Over the 9+ years that I have been using MindManager, the application has added all functionality that I have longed for. My biggest one was having to use Microsoft Visio whenever I needed to create a flowchart. Now flowcharts are included as a map type, so I'm good.
MindManager is perfect for "this is such a large/complex problem/project, where do I even start" kind of situations. I can't even count the number of times I've been asked to tackle a problem or plan out a project that just seemed too overwhelming. Just the act of sitting down in front of the tool and throwing things onto a map (regardless of whether they are currently applicable or right/wrong) starts to give a visual that clarifies things and can be built upon. Not only that, the brainstorm session doesn't have to be thrown away as just your personal way of figuring something out. It can be converted into professional-looking diagrams, charts, outlines that allow you to share your ideas with others. No need to start over and recreate your work in another tool.
I'm not even sure where to start because I have used it for this purpose so many times. I have benefited from it personally by getting clarity in my own head as to what needs to be done and how to break things down into smaller tasks. I have also benefited from it professionally when I have used maps to create process flow charts, or migration tracking documents and showed these documents to managers or leaders. They are always impressed with the quality of the work and how professional yet easy to read/understand the outputs are. In short, showing my MindManager work to others makes me look good.
Read Marcus Machacek's full review
July 10, 2019
Glen Thomas | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used primarily in the IT organization as a part of the Requirements ingestion and Project ideation.
  • Excellent at helping to brainstorm ideas.
  • Intuitive and simple interface.
  • Excellent tool to help to provide a more concrete representation of abstract ideas.
  • Great integration with MS Office applications.
  • Project management capability was a bit weak.
  • Template and map creation is somewhat difficult.
Mindermanager is an excellent tool for capturing ideas in a brainstorming session. The tight integration with MS Office allows you to easily export to Office applications for use in briefing slides.

However, it does not seem to be extremely effective when using as a PM tool
Great use of contextual information management (tags, group of tags, icons, attachments, links, notes). There is great integration w/ MS Office (Outlook, Excel). Excellent time saver and provide quality visual management capabilities.
Read Glen Thomas's full review

What is MindManager?

MindManager aims to bring clarity and structure to plans, projects, and processes.

With it, the vendor says users can transform scattered ideas and information into dynamic visual mind maps, flowcharts, concept maps, matrices and other diagrams. They state users can also take control of their work, synthesize vast amounts of data, collaborate and communicate more effectively, and boost productivity to gain a competitive edge.

MindManager is presented as a suite of intuitive visualization products that helps individuals and teams think more clearly, make better decisions, and get on the path to personal and organizational success.

MindManager Features