Abila/MIP as everyday help in non-profit accounting
July 28, 2016

Abila/MIP as everyday help in non-profit accounting

Yelena Novik | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with Abila MIP Fund Accounting

MIP is used mostly in the accounting department, where we have a few users. It is also installed in one of biggest programs located separately from admin. But at this place it is not used much for now. Probably in the future MIP will be used there and in another programs as well.
  • Compared to QuickBooks MIP gives much more detailed options for coding.
  • The ability to code a transaction in details gives an opportunity to run different reports with detailed criteria.
  • I absolutely like service where I can enter my question online on the website and someone will contact me shortly.
  • Most problems resolve quickly over the phone and sometimes with the MIP professional going though the problem on the employee's computer.
  • I like reports that can be run in order to see the data entered in MIP.
  • I would improve the look of the customer statement. For instance in QuickBooks there was number on the invoice and the number of the payment/check made that applied to the invoice and then the balance was shown after each payment made. With MIP, the invoice and payment is shown under the same invoice number with no balance after each payment, but with the balance at the end of the statement.
  • I would make the font bigger not only on the screen where I can click on ctrl+ to make it bigger, but also inside the session.
  • When printing checks, it shows the check number, then how many checks are going to be printed. If you are already on this screen and would like to change something, you can't. There should be an option to cancel printing checks.
  • If I enter a manual receivable invoice, it doesn't look like a receivable invoice in the group, it can only be printed as an un-posted or posted session report. Manual invoices are not included into historical invoices to be printed again.
  • We moved to MIP from QuickBooks. So I can say that MIP gives us much more options for coding for identifying Fund, GL Code, Program, Source, and Client.
Again, as mentioned above MIP gives an opportunity differentiate funds and programs and source and it's great. It creates order and understanding in the system as well as helps code, run reports, and analyse data.
We have a few different programs, specifically for properties that belong to the organization. It is extremely important that we can identify the funds for different programs, and the program itself and the source. MIP gives such possibility.
I really like MIP and can see many positive and helpful things it offers in comparison to QuickBooks. As I haven't worked with other accounting software this is the only comparison I can make and it's definitely positive.

MIP Fund Accounting Feature Ratings

Order entry
Pay calculation
Benefit plan administration
Direct deposit files
Salary revision and increment management
Reimbursement management