Reviews (1-10 of 10)
- New client setup is made simple.
- Payroll processing is quick and easy.
- Easy to reprint and regenerate pay stubs and reports.
- Setting up a bank account to pay employees thru ACH is cumbersome.
- Doesn't have the option to print multiple pay stubs for a specific employee at once. Have to re-print each pay stub individually.
- Payroll for small businesses - easy and cheap!
- Great customer service - easy to access at any time.
- Decent reports.
- Their timecard system is a little cumbersome, particularly for paid time off/vacation/holiday.
- No employee scheduling tool.
- Really best for very small businesses, larger ones with lots of complicated payroll facets should seek other tools.
Over the years I've used several professional payroll prep packages. About 2 1/2 years ago I switched all my clients to Patriot. It has proven to be one of the better decisions I've made in my 29 years in business.
Patriot's customer service is outstanding and their product is top notch. Sure, it lacks a few of the exotic bells and whistles that a very few others have but their fees are as much as ten times higher. Speaking of fees, I'm not aware of anything out there that comes even close; most other options start at least 50% higher. I also appreciate the fact that the folks at Patriot are continually improving their product--making a good thing even better. The only grump I had was with the third-party outfit they used to process direct deposit. To my absolute delight, they have just brought all direct deposit processing in-house.
For handling basic payroll services at an exceptionally attractive price point, Patriot can't be beat.
- Basic payroll--as good as anything else out there.
- Tremendous value--not only is it a capable package but it's the cheapest I know of.
- Customer service is exceptional.
- The third party direct deposit processor Patriot previously used was not particularly easy to work with...but Patriot just brought all direct deposit processing in house.
- Clergy housing allowance has to be manually entered each payday. They tell me they're close to adding the capability of making it (and other similar pay types) as a recurring item.
- The setup process is geared toward novice users who need to be hand-held through the process. That's great for those who need it but a more streamlined, no-frills process payroll pros would be welcome.
- It is reliable and easy to use and learn for a small business
- Whenever there are problems, customer service is responsive and communicates well.
- I wish it was slightly less expensive for me because I only use it to pay myself about once per month.
- Patriot pay offers smooth easy setup.
- Patriot PAY is affordable, especially compared to other companies.
- Patriot PAY provides a ton of helpful information that is accessible at your finger tips so you don't always have to call into customer service with questions.
- Patriot PAY has helpful customer service and they are friendly.
- Apart from pre-funded, the four-day timeline for direct deposit has been the toughest part for me when small businesses want to pay their employees faster (quick turn-around times).
- No other complaints from me. I am really impressed with Patriot PAY.
Companies with tight turn-around times or payrolls that vary significantly in direct deposit amounts might have difficulty using Patriot PAY.
- It is simple, intuitive and straightforward in its design. Someone with little experience with roles in human resources roles, bookkeeping or payroll can quickly learn how to set-up the software and run payroll regularly by reading through the support portion of the site, or by contacting the helpful staff at Patriot. Patriot staff have walked me through issues or guided me on the phone as I learned how to use a function of the software.
- Patriot provides comprehensive quarterly tax filing records, including 941s, state unemployment compensation tax payments, state employer's tax and local employer's tax filings. You can also generate payroll or tax deposit reports over a specific time period or per employee.
- The support and FAQ pages available on Patriot are very practical and written in an easy to understand manner. Using the information provided there, I was able to properly set up new employees according to local and state filing requirements.
- I wanted to download all of the individual tax deposit reports in .pdf form at the end of the year. I had to download them one by one, which was very time consuming. I has hoped there was a way to perform a batch download of these reports. Patriot can export spreadsheet in .csv format, but the layout of the .pdf reports is much more user friendly for record keeping.
However, I believe a more complex situation with more employees would still be suitable for this software if there was an employee dedicated to performing payroll and human resources tasks. Information must be manually entered each payroll period and submitted before 8pm to process at the scheduled pay date, so if there was not a dedicated employee for the task, it would be easy to end up paying employees a business-day late.
I know that Patriot offers add-on services for human resource tasks, such as time sheets and tools to manage sick days, benefits, and record employee attendance. I did not require these extra services, but I like that Patriot offers services a la carte so that there is no need to pay for tools you do not need.
- Patriot's software is very easy to use for running payroll. It takes about 30 seconds to do.
- The payroll reports are abundant, easy to find and print, and make my accounting very easy.
- Having a full service payroll provider as easy to use as Patriot leaves me with more availability to focus on treating patients and running other aspects of my business.
- Honestly, I am very happy with Patriot. They recently raised their price but it is still a good value and I am very happy with their service.
- It makes calculating people's time and hours very easy.
- It makes printing checks very easy.
- It makes tax collection and other government requirements effortless.
- Some of the features can be a little difficult to use until you get used to them
- Changes occur with no or little warning.
Patriot Software Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Patriot Software
- Free employee portal
- Simple 3-step start-up process.
- Guaranteed accurate calculations
- Guaranteed accurate payroll tax filings with full service payroll
Patriot Software Screenshots
Patriot Software Integrations
Patriot Software Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Patriot Software has two payroll options to choose from: Basic Payroll, and Full Service payroll software. Both start with a simple three step payroll process. With the Full Service Payroll, Patriot will collect, deposit and file your federal, state and local payroll taxes on your behalf. With full service payroll, youreEnd of the year payroll tax filing is included at no extra charge! Print W2s on 8 x 1/2 x 11 plain white office paper to hand to your employees, or post to the free employee portal. Also, we offer free direct deposit.
Patriot Software Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Patriot Software Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||United States|