Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Financial budgeting (92)9.898%
- Management Reporting (87)9.898%
- Management reporting (89)9.898%
- Forecasting (86)9.393%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Planful, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
Planful provides a Continuous Planning platform that enables finance to automate and accelerate FP&A activities, drive faster and more agile planning and decision-cycles, and elevate the financial IQ of the organization so that everyone is making smarter decisions more frequently. Planful is an end-to-end platform for financial planning, consolidation, and reporting & analysis.
STRUCTURED PLANNING Structured Planning with Planful automates labor-intensive planning activities in a complete cloud-based platform – to give the finance team control, consistency, and confidence in corporate financial plans, budgets, and forecasts.
DYNAMIC PLANNING Dynamic Planning with Planful enables flexible, high-frequency, data-driven planning, modeling, and decision-making so users in every corner of the organization can analyze, plan, and make confident decisions at the speed of business.
FINANCIAL CLOSE & CONSOLIDATION Financial Close & Consolidation with Planful empowers finance to accelerate month-end close and reporting cycles by automating data aggregation, journal entries, intercompany eliminations, minority interest, entity consolidation, currency conversion, and financial reporting.
FINANCIAL REPORTING Reporting with Planful provides a library of reporting formats and delivery options, enabling finance and business users to produce a wide range of interactive financial and management reports leveraging one source of truth.
- Supported: Long-term financial planning
- Supported: Financial budgeting
- Supported: Forecasting
- Supported: Scenario modeling
- Supported: Management reporting
- Supported: Financial data consolidation
- Supported: Journal entries and reports
- Supported: Multi-currency management
- Supported: Intercompany Eliminations
- Supported: Minority Ownership
- Supported: Local and consolidated reporting
- Supported: Detailed Audit Trails
- Supported: Financial Statement Reporting
- Supported: Management Reporting
- Supported: Excel-based Reporting
- Supported: Automated board and financial reporting
- Supported: Personalized dashboards
- Supported: Color-coded scorecards
- Supported: KPIs
- Supported: Cost and profitability analysis
- Supported: Key Performance Indicator setting
- Supported: Flat file integration
- Supported: Excel data integration
- Supported: Direct links to 3rd-party data sources
- Supported: Pixel Perfect reports
- Supported: Customizable dashboards
- Supported: Report Formatting Templates
- Supported: Drill-down analysis
- Supported: Formatting capabilities
- Supported: Predictive modeling
- Supported: Report sharing and collaboration
- Supported: Publish to Web
- Supported: Publish to PDF
- Supported: Report Versioning
- Supported: Report Delivery Scheduling
- Supported: Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
- Supported: Predictive Analytics
- Supported: Multi-User Support (named login)
- Supported: Role-Based Security Model
- Supported: Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
- Supported: Report-Level Access Control
- Supported: Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Supported: Responsive Design for Web Access
- Supported: Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Supported Countries||We have customers in 90 countries|
- Planful Platform Datasheet
- The Ultimate Guide to Continuous Planning
- Customer Case Study: CloudMargin Empowers Finance to Add More Value and Analyze More Scenarios Using Planful
- Customer Case Study: National DCP Speeds Business Decisions With Planful
- Customer Case Study: Specialized Bicycles Rides Workforce Strategy Across the Globe With Planful
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||10%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||25%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||65%|
- The company we used did not do enough discovery, therefore we were forced to make updates throughout the first 3 years to optimize it for us
- We should've asked more questions during implementation
- They should've asked more about what we wanted out of the tool
- Our Chart of accounts is not typical so we had to build the Hierarchy to handle this.
- Half way through implementation of reporting, our management had a change of strategy for handling certain items. This required some retooling of Host.
- Time management of our staff.
- Going from Excel-based budgeting to using a system caused issues because we still weren't quite sure how our process needed to change. We were basically trying to do everything that we were doing in Excel, just in Host Analytics. That caused a few setbacks.
- As great as our partners were during the implementation, nothing could substitute the knowledge that we had of our company. We initially relied too heavily on partners to create reports for us and we had to go back to correct them ourselves.
- Overall, Host Analytics is a versatile tool, but you really need to understand how things work and what best practices are before hand. You can't just go in without a plan and implement the system ad-hoc. That will create a lot of re-work.
- Our implementation team of three worked with Host Analytics to configure the software. The biggest issue we had was that the three of us had to maintain our regular duties while also handling the implementation. It slowed us down a bit but Host kept us on track.
- Had to write a SAP to Host interface as we chose to use Boomi tool to do an automatic load of data.
- The signed BRDD document contained deliverables that host just weeks before implementation said that they will now not to complete.
- Setting up the budget entities - we had to redo them as the solutions architect learned more about our business and realized they were not set up appropriately.
- One challenge was getting the implementation consultant to see our view of our revenue planning. Once this was accomplished, the implementation went very smoothly.
- Timing and review had some issues but were quickly worked out.