Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee requiredRequired
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Tech Details
syncHR offers a single database HR, Payroll and Benefit Admin solution. It is designed to create efficiencies that enable service personnel to stay focused on providing functional expertise while spending less time on technical or transactional matters. Special features include interactive point in time ad-hoc reporting, which allows the user to view a snapshot of the organization in the past or predict the effects of proposed transactions for the future. The vendor says this capability helps users understand how small changes impact the organization on a grander scale, in terms of turnover, employee performance and productivity.
syncHR provides services for Payroll, HR, Benefit Admin, Applicant Tracking, Time & Attendance, Employee Scheduling, ESS, MSS, Performance Management, Data Analytics, COBRA Administration, Org Charts and more. Customers work with a designated account manager rather than a service team.
- Supported: Employee demographic data
- Supported: Employment history
- Supported: Job profiles and administration
- Supported: Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
- Supported: Benefits information
- Supported: Organizational charting
- Supported: Organization and location management
- Supported: Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
- Supported: Pay calculation
- Supported: Off-cycle/On-Demand payment
- Supported: Payroll history for each employee
- Supported: Benefit plan administration
- Supported: Direct deposit files
- Supported: Payroll tracking and auditing
- Supported: Salary revision and increment management
- Supported: Reimbursement management
- Supported: Statutory form management
- Supported: Approval workflow
- Supported: Email notifications
- Supported: Balance details
- Supported: Travel absence management
- Supported: Annual carry-forward and encashment
- Supported: Employee login
- Supported: View and generate pay and benefit information
- Supported: Update personal information
- Supported: Request time off
- Supported: View job history
- Supported: View company policy documentation
- Supported: View company news and information
- Supported: Employee recognition
- Supported: Tracking of all physical assets
- Supported: Asset issue and transfer management
- Supported: Asset return
- Supported: Report builder
- Supported: Pre-built reports
- Supported: Ability to combine HR data with external data
- Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
- Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor
- Supported: Performance plans
- Supported: Performance improvement plans
- Supported: Review status tracking
- Supported: Review reminders
- Supported: Multiple review frequency
- Supported: New hire portal
- Supported: Manager tracking tools
- Supported: Corporate goal setting
- Supported: Individual goal setting
- Supported: Line-of sight-visibility
- Supported: Performance tracking
- Supported: Job Requisition Management
- Supported: Company Website Posting
- Supported: Publish to Social Media
- Supported: Job Search Site Posting
- Supported: Duplicate Candidate Prevention
- Supported: Applicant Tracking
- Supported: Notifications and Alerts
- Supported: Automated Retro Transactions
- Supported: Custom Fields
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web, Other: system is designed to work on any device|
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||86%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||14%|
An important factor in our decision to choose syncHR was their ability to effectively date and time stamp every transaction. What is unique about syncHR is how they recognize point in time relationships that overlap, such as payroll and benefits related transactions. By effective dating any transaction regardless of when the transaction is actually being entered into the system we've increased the data integrity throughout the entire solution. When combined with their ability to do automated retro transactions, the system becomes even more powerful.
If you're tired of having to perform manual functions/calculations in a so called "automated system" or have ever experienced discrepancies between payroll and benefit data or simply can't seem to run reports across all data points (HR, Payroll, Benefits) at various moments in time, then syncHR might be your answer. As a single database solution information is never out of sync and real-time reporting is as simple as drag and drop. They even have built in org charts that control security and workflows, all automatically. I wish we would have found syncHR sooner.
- Automated retroactive change processing and mid-period rate changes – completely automated with no manual intervention needed - If you ever need to give someone a merit increase and make it retroactive or if an employee is entitled to enroll in health benefits on their first day employment but has 30 days to enroll, syncHR will automatically handles these retro changes.
- A single application designed from the ground up that gives equal weight to HR, payroll, and benefit functions - syncHR is designed as a true unified solution with no back-end mainframes or separate front-ends vs backends. Everything is processed real-time in the cloud which has eliminated all discrepancies.
- Customer Service - syncHR provides a designated account manager as your single point of contact. Since the The StaffWell Group is a 24/7 business, I needed a company that was available when I needed them. syncHR delivered with 24/7 emergency support.
- Event-driven employee self service - Other systems we have used rely on employees to make the correct choices as to what is required when completing an employee initiated transaction. With syncHR, the system always directs the employee to the next step reducing both errors and calls to our support staff. I believe this is also the reason why we had a 40% increase in the adoption of ESS.
- Dynamic Security & Workflows - syncHR has no static pages which allows security and workflows to be updated automatically whenever a change is made. This has virtually eliminated the time and effort required from HR to manually update workflows to the correct personnel.
- Learning Management System- syncHR currently does not offer an LMS system. They only track and report training dates, licenses and certifications.
- Although syncHR is a global solution it is somewhat limited to tracking employee headcount, HR documents, paperless on boarding and benefit information. There is no international payroll option like the one they provide for domestic employees. Although the system can handle multiple languages and currencies, I would like to see a global payroll option.
- Succession Planning - syncHR provides little functionality for succession planning. The system can track budgets vs actuals, goals and ratings but does not offer a true succession planning module
- Due to complexity of our payroll, it would typically take us almost 3 full days to verify hours and perform retro changes before actually running payroll. With so many retroactive changes and manual calculations it was a time consuming and error prone process. With syncHR, the accuracy of payroll has increased tremendously and the amount of time we now spend preparing to process payroll decreased to less than 4 hours per week. All approved time seamlessly moves from the T&A module into payroll and all retro transactions are automatically processed.
- When I initially selected syncHR I was a little hesitant because I never heard of them before and was concerned about their viability as a company and customer service. Several years later I'm happy to say that syncHR has provided better support than any of the better know competitors ever did.
- Although no system is ever perfect, overall syncHR has exceeded most of my expectations. The sales and implementation process was wonderful, the salesperson was responsive and did not oversell what the system could do.
- Training & Implementation - syncHR spent a considerable amount of time learning my business rules in order to build the system to meet my requirements. Training was provided on all aspects of the system until my team felt comfortable enough to handle things on their own. I never felt as though we had a set number of hours of training or that our questions, no matter how redundant or simple were a bother to them.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Prior Experience with the Product
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
- Vendor implemented
- The only hurdle we needed to overcome was how to get our historical information into syncHR. Since syncHR effective dates and time stamps every transaction and our prior system did not we needed to review some of the historical data we had in order to utilize their ability to go back in time and report on various relationships a person had with either another person, job, project, etc... This took some work so we only imported 3 years of history instead of the 7 years we planned on.
- Ad-Hoc Reporting Tool
- Payroll Processing
- Employee Self-Service
- The system has so many automated rules built in that I spent the first month looking for how I used to do things only to call support and find out that the system automatically calculated this automatically. I was not used to the level of automation.