Reviews (1-25 of 29)
- Allows for mass letters to applicants for phone scheduling and interviews.
- Keeps applicants organized in "pools" of consideration.
- Links to Outlook so it's easy to see when and where to schedule.
- Great software for creating recurring templates for recruiting letters.
- Would be great if JazzHR had a "Doodle" software incorporated into it. I currently use "Doodle" to create available times, then link it to my recruiting letters within Jazz.
- Make it easier to connect Outlook when someone is not on a network.
- Downloading cover letter and application separately would be better.
JazzHR has thought of most of the components of the recruiting process and incorporates them well.
Teams of people can be added so everyone is viewing the same information without printing. This is particularly helpful when there is more than one person reviewing resumes and interviewing. People only have to be added to the jobs for which they are responsible. (great feature!)
- Ability to take notes during candidate interviews.
- Ability to collect pertinent candidate information (contact information + resume).
- Ability to track applicants.
- View resume in new window to allow the ability to review resume while taking notes.
- Prompt user with 'next best question' depending on answers to standard questions.
- Ability to customize and save questions for future applicants. Create user specific templates.
- Communication across hiring teams
- Tasks for hiring to-dos
- Interview scheduling
- EMAIL TEMPLATES!!!
- I wish task details fed into discussion tab. Besides that, I'm very pleased with the functionality of JazzHR
- Customize-able workflows (recruiting stages) for applicants to go through.
- Great reporting usage and organization.
- Very user friendly.
- Overall a great applicant tracking system that allows you to add tons of information and be detailed throughout the hiring process.
- The reporting could be better, not as many options as I would like. For example, you can't see when an applicant was put in a certain stage in your recruiting process. And it wont let you see how many people you hired in the last 90 days, it will only show people you hired who APPLIED in the last 90 days.
- Would be nice if they let us organize workflows and email templates based on location or recruiter (not all locations use the same email formats)
The problems it is resolving right now:
- Paperless applications, no more storing applications
- Easily view and keep accountable hiring managers to the recruiting process
- Easily post and remove jobs in the minute
- Create standard workflows
- Simple user interface
- Simple workflow and setup
- Simple user management
- Job Requisitions. They do handle approvals, but for a true recruiter we need more than just an approval.
- Bulk actions be made available to the recruiting user also
- Applicant account. It would be great to not have the candidate complete the application each time they apply. Allowing them to create a login and store their resume and easily apply.
- Internal and External Job Postings. It would be great to have an option for multiple job boards
As an organization grows, so does it's needs for greater metrics. Using requisitions allows for more metrics and insights to assist in staffing and budget planning.
- Jazz is fairly intuitive and easy to use.
- Accessible from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Allows us to see at a glance which candidates are in which stage, etc.
- Allows for automated emails, to be sent immediately or scheduled, providing additional transparency to a candidate.
- Not all features are fully functional. For example, the integration with Microsoft Outlook struggles when there are "all-day events" on the calendar that aren't marked as busy. Since we use those type of events frequently, it makes that functionality difficult to use for us.
- Not optimized for mobile use, unfortunately. I would really like to be able to do phone interviews, etc, on my mobile device.
- Customizable fields for the applicant/candidate process.
- Easily tag managers on comments for candidates.
- Send emails to candidates easily through the system.
- Easy to see duplicate candidates and delete or merge their files.
- Can assign stars to candidates and managers can vote on a candidate through the system.
- Can set up Questionnaires to help screen candidates.
- The search function within a particular job can stick often. The search runs but the search box won't collapse to see the results.
- If a candidate applies for one position but is better suited to another, the comments and files don't transfer when you add a job.
- Parsing a resume sometimes requires you to upload rather than drag and drop.
- When adding a document to a candidate file, the system prefers a PDF and upload. It won't drag/drop.
- Wish it count the number of candidates in 5 star, 4 star, 3 star, etc. buckets.
- Initial screening. New candidates can be vetted with a go/no-go simple button, or individual staff can give a vote. This helps weed out candidates we don't want to pursue, and also allows our team members with interest in the hire to indicate their vote without a final decision.
- Interviews are built in to Jazz and are really simple and flexible to use. Each interviewer records their own notes with their own perspective.
- Questionnaires are easily created and sent out to candidates as part of the automatic workflow.
- I'd like to see interviews have some shared questions for situations with multiple interviewers to see the real-time notes that others in the room are taking.
- Reporting is robust, but still leaves room for improvement. I think you can pay for premium reporting that will dive into your unique workflow stages.
I could see that a larger company with far more job postings may need a more robust platform, but we're not there yet, and won't be for years.
We can also create reports and analyze how well our recruitment efforts are from different sources.
The job posting syndication is great, and we like the features to analyze sources. However, we've found that the information isn't 100% accurate.
I would prefer to have more customization available within the system to create different job categories.
- Ease of use - very simple
- Mobile friendly
- Excellent customer service
- Great features to streamline our processes
- No common templates available for eTemplates (Federal Tax Forms, I9, etc.).
- The process for eTemplates is time-consuming initially (however, once you have it done, it's done).
- When using eTemplates for new hire paperwork, there's no capability to copy/transfer information so it doesn't have to be entered more than once (i.e. new hire address/personal info is needed on tax forms and I9 - they have to type it in on each form).
- Although there are good reporting tools, there are some limitations on custom reports.
- Allows for all applicants' information to be stored in one place.
- Allows varying user access for HR and managers.
- Allows full notes and information on candidates (and re-applying candidates) to be accessed quickly and easily.
- Would like to see better stats/metrics on the landing page (dashboard).
- Would like a photo of candidates to pop up for easier recognition.
- Wish it would integrate with Google easier.
- The system is fairly easy to use with very little training needed for users.
- Questionnaires are relatively simple to set up and modify.
- The candidate rating system is very easy to use.
- Job Board integration to paid job boards is not as smooth as I have been accustomed to at previous companies that utilized similar sized systems. That being said, for the investment it is definitely better than having no system at all.
- User feedback beyond standard support has not escalation process beyond "we will consider it in the future".
- Company website integration is basic "a-frame" with little customization.
- Inconsistent support help. Some representatives are very helpful while others just go through the motions.
- You can create customized workflows, which is great so that you can use certain workflows for certain teams or offices.
- JazzHR keeps certain information (e.g. salary) hidden from certain people within the company, so we can have some info shared with hiring managers but not the interviewing team.
- JazzHR syndicates to many different job boards so that we can great visibility on our open positions - and also easily lets you pay for additional job postings on paid sites.
- JazzHR keeps everything in one place - interview notes, application, offer letters, assessments, etc.
- I would like to see improvements to the application questions - there are certain questions you can not modify and I would like to be able to.
- Scheduling interviews is a bit tricky within the system, so I would like better functionality to schedule with interviewers through Outlook.
- I would like hiring managers to be able to select how many emails they get if they are added to a job as a hiring manager in the system. Right now they get so many emails some hiring managers don't want to be added to the job.
- User Friendly - Jazz is extremely easy to navigate and intuitive when it comes to it's use.
- Customization - Jazz is highly customizable, and allows you to setup custom processes and communications with ease. I've rarely had to consult with the help feature in order to get things setup the way I want them.
- Jobs Posted Immediately - Jazz gets your Job Description out onto multiple sites as soon as you publish it. It also updates in real time, without having to manage a handful of passwords to varying job sites.
- MS Integration - Jazz, as well as a lot of their competitors, have not figured out how to integrate with Microsoft calendars, despite what the sales rep may tell you. Google calendars are easy enough, but depending on your setup, you may want to negotiate an exit clause into your contract. Scheduling automation is one of the biggest time savers and ATS can provide, so don't settle on that issue.
- Initial Setup - Even with an intuitive interface, the initial setup can be a hassle, requiring you to chase down busy people and get them to accept the invitations they sent. It may also take a while to get each job setup in such a way as to be a time saver for your hiring managers. Once you get it down though, it's worth every penny.
- Moving Between Categories - Sometimes the way the system moves from Jobs to Candidates, or from one job to another with the same candidate, just doesn't make sense to me. All ATS systems have this problem, but it seems like a development problem, not a user one.
- A complete history of all positions ever opened, whether they are filled, put on hold, closed, or cancelled.
- The ease of "copy and paste" for your own job descriptions makes completing the posting much easier.
- The cost is relatively affordable.
- The integration for LinkedIn is only for the premium package of LinkedIn.
- Customer service isn't always the fastest, but it is always within 24 hours.
- Syndication of jobs to various job boards is awesome. This allows us to reach talent in various markets and industries.
- Adaptability for new users. Whenever I have a new person in my company needing to use JazzHR, they are able to quickly jump in and get a well rounded understanding of the platform, quickly.
- Reporting. I feel the reporting features of great. This allows me to explain more clearly to my executive team, how hiring is going and what areas we are falling short in. Keeping everyone accountable.
- Really can't think of any. I think sometimes the customizing can be a bit tricky for a particular job req.
- Incredibly easy to quickly post jobs on their platform.
- Jazz provides feedback on your req and recommendations for edits.
- Easy to loop in and share screening info and notes on applicants with hiring managers.
- Not so much an issue with Jazz, but would love to have access to more free job boards.
- Jazz does constantly make improvements and add features, however it would be nice if they had video interviewing capability. Currently we have to use an additional plug in for this.
- It would be great if Jazz could offer discounts or specials on the paid job boards.
- Jazz is extremely easy to use and navigate. As the HR Director, I often give hiring managers access and they don't have any questions about how to use the program.
- Jazz offers a ton of customizable options. I love how we can easily set application questionnaires and customizable email templates.
- I really like the Jazz homepage. At a quick glance I am easily able to navigate where I need to be.
- Jazz is so intuitive that I'm not sure we are using all of it's features!
- I wish I had more interaction with my account rep. I don't really have any particular person ( that I know of) assigned to our account that I could contact for assistance.
- Jazz makes a lot of changes and updates. While this is also a good thing, some people who are not as tech savvy might not like it.
- Excellent platform to keep the entire team on the same page for each applicant.
- Easily handles the postings to all the job boards (if desired - you don't have to post to the job boards if you don't want).
- Customizable workflows to design the ideal hiring experience for each job position.
- Great support team to help answer any questions.
- Reasonable, affordable, and clear pricing. (We demoed other companies that kept their mysterious pricing secret until the end and then cost 2-5X as much.)
- Better candidate search capabilities. (For example, I would like to search "Erika P" to show all the people named "Erika" and last name "P" - other companies had advanced search functions, but it wasn't worth 2-5X the cost.)
- Calculating Time in each WorkFlow stage. (Jazz has great reporting for how long it takes to Advance a candidate, Interview a candidate, Hire a candidate, or Not hire a candidate. It would be great to add some reporting within each workflow stage.)
Jazz is very easy to navigate, and if I ever get stuck, they have a great customer service team that is always willing to help. Overall, it really helps in facilitating and organizing the onboarding/hiring process.
- Easy to create a candidate.
- Provides the ability to create assessments.
- Easy to create questionnaires with mandatory questions that should be answered.
- It would be nice to re-post jobs on a weekly or bi-weekly basis to get more exposure.
- It would be nice to customize the workflow process when posting a position without having to go to the workflow template in the admin portion of Jazz.
- Consider having some ready-made assessments during the interview process that we can use instead of creating our own.
It is a great tool to easily communicate about the applicants with the operational teams. It is easy to use and the feedback from all users has been exclusively positive so far.
- Fosters an easy communication line between HR and operational teams
- Good overview of candidates and their profiles
- Easy to use UI
- Reporting options can be improved (some options lack in clarity or customization)
- Some options are superfluous from our perspective (we are a EU based company) and cannot be changed
Our recruiting process is pretty tailored to the needs of the hiring team. Jazz is great in supporting these customized work flows and offers a wide range of changeable templates as well. Furthermore, we have a lot of users who need access to Jazz. As the user amount isn't limited, it is really easy to reach out and involve all our stakeholders.
When using the reporting option, it takes some time to figure out what you want and how Jazz is displaying it. It is pretty much all there, but I think it can be clearer and easier to use.
- Creating job descriptions and syndicating them to free job boards to attract inbound applicants.
- Simplifying the candidate screening process by organizing applicant information, resumes, interview notes and feedback, and more all in one place.
- Allowing teams to collaborate on candidate reviews and post comments for others to see.
- Mass messaging candidates.
- Merging duplicate applicant profiles is difficult to do in bulk and weeding out spam or accidental / incomplete profiles can be time consuming.
- The Resumator allows applicants to apply via LinkedIn but doesn't pull in much social data (i.e. who are my shared connections with an applicant) or serve up data from other social accounts like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- The mobile version of the site is almost impossible to use.
- I wish I could create interview notes templates for certain departments or positions with the questions I plan to ask each applicant and then fill in my notes on their responses during an interview.
JazzHR Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
JazzHR Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||10%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||75%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||15%|
JazzHR Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
JazzHR Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||USA, Canada|