Review: Wipster

May 21, 2018

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Wipster, and make your voice heard!

What is Wipster?

New Zealand based Wipster offers their video publishing and analytics platform that supports marketing teams with publishing data, view and engagement data, and detailed metadata, contained within an organized media asset library.

• Setup fee optional

What is Wistia?

Wistia specializes in Brand Affinity Marketing for small and medium-sized businesses. Wistia's video marketing software is designed to enable companies to create captivating viewing experiences on their sites and gives them the tools to find, engage and grow a community of brand advocates. Founded…

What is Vidyard?

Vidyard is an enterprise video platform built to turn viewers into customers with in-depth insights and robust integrations with different customer relationship management (CRM) and marketing automation platforms.

Wipster Technical Details

What is Wipster?

What is Wipster's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 9.5.

Who uses Wipster?

The most common users of Wipster are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Higher Education industry.

sanjay chamoli | TrustRadius Reviewer
t's an easy way to share and collaborate on a video with freelancers on Upwork. There is a low barrier for entry, and when they leave comments, it is so intuitive. We organize our projects by year, and the folder structure is a simple way to track the videos as the project evolves. The new ability to play at different speeds also allows for a much quicker review process helping my team speed up their workflow.
  • Easy in operating, no confusion is there for doing any activity
  • Graphics are good better than other video app
  • At low internet speed, it operates well without any disturbance
  • No signup facility in-app to create account
  • The use of the application on a mobile device is sometimes be a little tricky
  • Integration with other app is difficult
If you are looking for an easy way to have clients review video or image design, Wipster is an extremely helpful and cost-effective solution! This one has a few we just don't need so more isn't always better. Wipster's customer support is email only so that doesn't work for us. And there is nothing to say more, try this and observe what you think about it.
To my knowledge, my department is the only one using Wipster at our institution. We use Wipster to gather feedback from our faculty clients on the instructional media that we produce for them, primarily for online courses. Timeline-specific accuracy is essential in implementing efficient and effective edits and changes to the content we produce. Faculty do not have a great deal of time on their hands to engage in a lengthy review/approval process, so Wipster's easy to navigate UI/UX allows them to quickly give substantive, constructive feedback to our production team.
  • Easy to use UX/UI.
  • It provides the ability to compare versions/history.
  • A simple admin interface.
  • There is sometimes a lag when navigating a timeline/leaving comments, which makes me wonder if actions are being recorded correctly.
  • The admin interface seems to be slower than it should be.
  • There's no closed captioning feature as far as I know (some of our clients are deaf/hard of hearing).
When a project reaches the point where an editor is ready for feedback, he or she uploads it to a Wipster folder. In this initial rough stage, it is typically only shared with the internal team for review. We want as many wrinkles ironed out as possible before the faculty gives their feedback -- again, they typically don’t have a lot of time to engage in a process requiring multiple revisions and versions of content. Once all parties are satisfied with the final product, we finalize and export. In general, I will leave content on Wipster for a couple of months in case we ever need to refer back to previous comments/feedback.
While the technical issues we have encountered with Wipster have been very low in the time we've used the service, the few instances where we have needed assistance were met promptly and effectively by Wipster's Support Team. This support even extended all the way from the platform's founder, as I received help from him, which really impressed me.
Brad Parler | TrustRadius Reviewer
Wipster enables me to streamline the video review and approval process by making the note-taking process visual via its intuitive user interface. With over twenty years in producing video in my background, getting notes from stakeholders has always been the most frustrating part of the job. Wipster makes video review/approval a breeze!

For those who have to receive edit notes, Wipster makes your life a lot simpler via their integration with Adobe Creative Cloud. The integration with Premiere Pro allows you to sync the sequence to the notes and markers give me references, rather than having to hunt down an email with timecode. The integration with Creative Cloud was a game-changer and ultimately what won me over!

If you deal with any form of media that you need others to look at, make notes, or approve, Wipster is the go-to solution, hands down!
  • Strong integration with Adobe products.
  • Very capable media management tools.
  • Ability to put notes on PDFs, audio or video.
  • The mobile app needs a bit of work, but it is functional.
  • Turnover in their sales staff has left me waiting for a response at times. I loved the product so much I needed to add more storage and another team member to my account.
I actively talk about Wipster and show off how I'm able to get so much done with my clients because of this tool all of the time! If you own or work at a digital agency, it's a must! I'm using Wipster for short and long-form media, it just makes everything so much easier for me.
It would be a ten, if I hadn't had issues contacting sales to buy more space/seats and the issues I've had with their iOS app.
Overall, it's a home run of a product and with time it has only gotten better.
May 21, 2018

Review: Wipster

Chris Hecox | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used Wipster as a tool to record client feedback on our corporate video production. Our video team specifically used it, and most feedback was directed with our project managers and the clients. Wipster allowed for easily communicating feedback in a way that made our production workflow faster and more simplified.
  • Wipster was one of the first applications to allow for frame-by-frame video feedback. This provided a unique opportunity to make feedback far more intelligible than before. Before Wipster, we needed to reference phone calls, notes, emails, and messages, as well as communicate verbally with our project managers. A lot of information can get lost this way, but Wipster places the feedback directly with the video, which makes it super easy to understand what the client desires for their video to look like.
  • Wipster allows for a client to select a location on a frame where their feedback is referencing. It's fairly archaic, but it works. Client feedback sits next to the playback window so it's somewhat easy to reference what the client wants.
  • Wipster also allows for integration with editing software like Premiere Pro, which speeds up the editing process as well.
  • Wipster pales in comparison to an application like Frame.io in terms of relaying and defining feedback. Wipster only allowed for highlighting a specific frame, but other software allows clients to draw on frames, leave multiple easy to access comments on a frame, and leave innovative feedback.
  • Wipster has occasional playback issues. This is fine in internal settings, but when a client has problems reviewing a video, this is a huge problem.
  • Wipster has proven themselves untrustworthy as a company. Wipster implemented an image review structure into pre-existing plans, which was entirely useless to us. This makes sense for clients revising photography, but ultimately the image review structure began to change the pricing of the system as well. Long-term, Wipster ended up increasing the cost of their application (including worthless features at our expense) and a tier-structure of uploads which didn't really make much sense. Wipster implemented these changes with hardly any notice to their users and probably without seeking feedback from customers on how the changes would impact them.
  • Wipster's editing software integration is shoddy at best. It would constantly freeze and crash on our systems, or take 5-10 minute to boot up. We had this issue with multiple computers.
Wipster is fine if you are interested in testing the waters of these handy frame-by-frame feedback applications, but there are far better alternatives. If you want to give it a quick go to test things out, it's not the worst idea, and perhaps they've implemented more changes to increase the usability and trust of the consumers.